“Great PLace to Get Away!!”

August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 17 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
wilmington,OH
“Great PLace to Get Away!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We came across this Inn and decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised!! Joe, the Innkeeper, extraordinaire, was so helpful. And we loved the quiet, slower pace away from usual hotel confusion and noise! We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AugustSeven, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you so much for running across the August Seven Inn and giving it a try… Your words are very kind and much appreciated…It is a quite slower pace and I chose to get into this business after years of working in hotel management because of the atmosphere being so much more relaxed in the Bed and Breakfast . I love the opportunity to meet guests and be a moment in their lives if they have interest, other guests stay to themselves and have some get away time but either way it is awesome to be able to be a part of that. I am always so happy when guests check out and tell me what a wonderful time they have had here, and I so truly appreciate that you took the time to write a wonderful review. I look forward to seeing you in the future
Joe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Gurley, Alabama
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at the August Seven Inn 4 nights. After the first stay in Daytona I finally was able to convince my husband to stay here. We were greated by Joe, the owner and were able to pick from two of the rooms. It took us a moment but then we decited to take room 819 with the king size bed in a beautifully decorated room with a bottle of wine we received from Joe. We were accomodated with an earlier breakfast do to my husbands work schedule. Joe's mom lovely and with lots of care arranged everything from pancakes to muffins, toast, bacon and fruit, along with juice, milk, coffee, and a variety of tees. The dining room as well as the rest of the Inn is very nicely decorated and well kept. I also got to enjoy sitting in one of the massage chairs. It did wonders to my back. Joe, Philip, and Joe's mom are wonderful people and we felt like part of the family, having great conversations. The Inn is located in a great area, just a short walk from the beach and accross the Veterans Memorial Bridge, to what use to be down town. Everything, including Main Street, is close and in walking distance but yet the Inn is in a quiet location. We liked it so much we didn't wanna leave. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GiselaF
AugustSeven, Owner at August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
I am so glad you convinced your husband to check out the August Seven, It was wonderful having you guys here….Thank you so much for the awesome review it is so much appreciated Should you just find yourself in Daytona for whatever reason please feel free to stop in and say hi... Hope to see you guys in the future
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The Owner Joe Dirsa hosted a book signing event for my new book and we chose to occupy the whole 3rd floor - all three rooms. Our adult children got their own private room and my husband and I took the big beautiful suite with the Jacuzzi tub in the room. Splendidly appointed, peaceful, luxurious and definitely the right decision for our family holiday trip. We started the new year off with checking in on Jan 1st and for four nights we thoroughly enjoyed the exquisit attention to detail, caring attitudes of the staff and the fabulously healthy breakfast. WE LOVE THIS INN AND WILL RETURN EVERY 4-6 MONTHS from this point forward. We were only a block off of the beach, enjoyed the huge porch while drinking hot cocoa or wine, loved reading the historical documents that were in a memory box in the main parlor and overall this Inn is a must for any and all people seeking a tranquil, perfectly appointed atmosphere. We occupied rooms 819, 919 and 1022. AMAZING !!! Thanks Joe, Philip and staff for making our last family vacation the best it could possibly be !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Michelle It was Awesome having you guys here…Thank you so much for being here originally to write your book, although I know it was stressful at times for you reliving your life experiences, your book has helped so many already and that’s just an amazing accomplishment.. This time when you stayed it was truly wonderful as well…Thank you for bringing your family with you it was great to be able to meet them and get to know them a little…Thank you for having your book signing here at the Inn…I have placed the signed copy of Big Talk Small Walk Small Talk Big Walk in the living room area for everyone to be able to see I pray that this is just the beginning of a wonderful experience and that you do amazingly well in your future Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon and thank you so much for making August Seven your second home 
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I've been skateboarding down the coast from Brunswick Maine to Key West Florida I've been on the road since May 8th I couldn't be happier to have the more than generous family at the August Seven Inn put me up for not only one night but two:) The hospitality has made me feel like I was home and as comfortable as ever... im sitting here currently on their porch enjoying a beer and and a pizza as I write this, wishing I didnt have to push a skateboard to Cocoa Beach starting at 9 am in the morning... if anyone comes here and has a problem with the hospitality they have no idea what a good relaxing time is... please check this place out and once again I want to thank the family.at August Seven Inn for making this possible:)

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Brian Z
It was great having you here for what was a least a mini break on your travels… I so appreciate the excellent review…I hope that the skateboarding event is going great for you, and hope that you found some more leisure time during your run I will look forward to seeing you again in the future
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Joan & Phillip treat you like family! Be sure to call for a room, trip advisors shows no availability, but that is NOT correct. They have plenty of room and can't wait to have more guests. We stayed in the 1202 room and it was intimate, clean, and nicely decorated.

Phillip even made us special chocolate chip cookies at my request to help us celebrate our one year wedding anniversary! We drank a bottle of champagne on the front porch, got a personal tour of the house and learned about the history of Daytona. Snacks, popcorn, movies, books...they have it all!

This place is a MUST ON your list. Luxury, without the huge price tag. We will be back, thank you!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank IrenetheLawyer
Thank you so much for your review…I so appreciate you mentioning that there are rooms available, I as most these days unfortunately seem to have website issues on occasions, I have contacted my hosting company and they are trying to correct the issues…I am currently looking into two new companies for websites and find myself in need of change…It’s unfortunate, but almost everyone is aware of web issues that creep up on seemingly everyone….Thank you for letting everyone know to contact me direct...I am so glad you had a great anniversary and decided to make August Seven Inn a part of your lives…Looking forward to seeing you in the future…
Deltona
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have had the pleasure of enjoying several stays at the August Seven Inn and I cannot have enough too many POSITIVE adjectives to describe the ambience and outstanding staff!!!
My lady friend just happened to find this marvelous Inn while searching for a place to spend a romantic weekend. The Inn started out as the Gamble Guest House (for you Cincinnatian's the Gamble side of the Procter's .......for you non-Ohio folks...the Soap People) To return to my evaluation.............The Gamble Guest House has been remodeled and refurbished to become a most wonderful inn that would gladden the heart of anyone, even Ebenezer Scrooge!
The staff anticipates your every need and I just cannot say enough wonderful things about them!
The facilities will take your breath away as each suite is different, not cookie-cutter like most other establishments. The furnishings are as magnificent as the rooms, as I found myself genuinely appreciating the care of each item in their presentation. You will find yourself walking through the inn with wide eyed appreciation of the forethought that went into the aforementioned. Joe and his staff maintain a plethora of menus of all of the best dining establishments to assist you in finding the best places to dine! If you are seeking a romantic weekend (or longer) there is but one place to show your significant other how much you care by making a reservation for this truly wonderful place of charm and history!!

Room Tip: The staff will be pleased to have your tour ALL the different accommodations to aid in your selectio...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael G
Michael,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review…I consider myself very fortunate that your fiend had located the August Seven Inn…Thank you so much for staying and enjoying the former Gamble property…I truly love the August Seven Inn, and so appreciate it when others look at it in the same light as I do … Thank you so much again for the review its truly appreciated…Hopefully you will find yourself back in Daytona and I will be Looking forward to seeing you again in the future…
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The décor transports you to another century when this served as a guest house for the Gamble family (of Proctor and Gamble). Read on the wide wraparound porch, take a short walk to the beach, or enjoy the massage chair and you will forget all the stresses of your busy life for awhile. The host makes you feel welcome and at home. Snacks, water, and a fridge are available, too. We could not bear to leave, so we booked an extra day. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: All of the second floor rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KateDB
I am so happy that you enjoyed the break from stress, It seems as if most everyone these days need an escape from it, and I am truly very happy that the August Seven Inn was able to give you some stress relief…As you stated it was Gambles guest house with the intention in the 1800’s to provide relaxation, I am so thrilled that you found peace and relaxation here … Thank you so much for taking the extra day on your stay, it’s amazing how many people have been here and added a day or two…It’s a true blessing that so many appreciate the inn as much as I do ..I’ll be looking forward to seeing you again if you find yourselves back this way…
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Sea Shells Beach Club
Sea Shells Beach Club
#23 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to August Seven Inn Luxury Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!