“Good value for the area”
Review of Studio 1 Motel

Studio 1 Motel
Ranked #24 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Central Florida
“Good value for the area”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

My family and I live just under two hours from Daytona Beach, and we decided to take a little weekend mini-vacation to the beach and visit the Museum of Arts and Sciences which is minutes away from the motel. I chose the Studio 1 because I noticed they had received the White Glove cleanliness award recently, and the rates seemed a good value for the area. I did know before my arrival that the motel is situated across the street from the beach, so I was pleasantly surprised with the great ocean view from our second floor room. I also was very pleased with the private balcony to the rear of our room right off the fully equipped kitchen.
The not so great things: White Glove Award my butt! There were many hairs on the bathroom floor and sand on the bedsheets. I noticed this before we visited the beach. This tells me the sheets were not changed on the bed, unless of course the sand came from the bedspread, which experienced travelers know are hardly ever washed anywhere. Since it was after 9pm when I noticed this, I was unable to get new linens since the motel office closes by then.
Also, while there are some bars within walking distance, and a 7-11 next door, the only family restaurant I could find was an IHOP about 3 miles away. I realize Daytona has a reputation for being a little seedy, and has weathered some storms recently; but I was surprised at the number of vacant buildings on the strip. And, while I was out on the front balcony of the motel, I witnessed a man picking up a prostitute across the street in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn.
So, I guess I would pick a better area next time to bring the family to the beach, but I did like the layout of the room, the view of the ocean, the convenient location near the Museum (and the Krispy Kreme). It was a good room rate for being so close to the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor so you get a good ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank autumn_everlasting

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

we stayed in a room upstairs with kitchen and were able to cook whatever we wanted, there's everything u need. the rooms are great and very clean, thanks to the owner for a non-carpet-floor!!!
the ac is really silent. the location is perfect, just cross the street and you're on the beach. there is 7/11 next to it. perfect for calm relaxed vacations.
we never got a cheaper and better room on our hole trip. and even when tripadvisor says they dont have free rooms, its worth to make a call and ask.

• Stayed August 2013
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was a great deal and very close to our friends we were visiting. It was very clean and had a view of that ocean. We stayed in a room with a mini fridge and little kitchen vanity area. The had dishes and glasses but fyi, no ice, since it had been turned off. No ice machine here but you have a 7-11 next door so that works well.The TV was beautiful but the online guide did not work so you tuned in and had to guess what you were watching, but hey, you're at the beach, who needs much tv? Bottom line, for the price it is a great deal- I would not have wanted to pay the extra $50-$100 for ice and a guide at the chain hotels. i would reccommend this motel.

Room Tip: The 2nd level is great to get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 July 2013

O.k....This motel is a good value...cost about $40-45 for one night. Now...It is a basic accommodation with a kitchen. When we arrived the reception was a cranky man in a tiny
cubicle. We did get a room on the second floor that had a view of the ocean...across the
street.

It is a Long Way from the main attractions by the boardwalk. You would need a
car or take a bus. This hotel obviously has no restaurant or pool. It was a fine place to stay for
one night. There is a Holiday Inn across the street and a decent bar/eatery down the road.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnnaLinda22
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this motel for a few nights. It is the cleanest motel we have ever stayed in! The floors are laminate wood instead of the dirty carpet you usually see in budget motels. The cleaning lady was very friendly and did an exceptional job of keeping the room spotless. The showers were great, it gets very hot and stays at the temperature you adjust it to. The room has a flat screen LCD tv, HBO, and free wifi. It is directly across the street from the beach. There is also a 7-Eleven next door that is open 24 hours which is very convenient. It is by far the best budget motel in Daytona Beach. We will be staying here every time we come to the beach from now on.

Cons: The walls are a little thin so you can hear your neighbors at times, but our stay was still peaceful. There is no phone in the room. We will upgrade to an upstairs room with the full kitchen next time. One of the beds was very creaky, but still comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daniel11112
Columbus OH
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My brother and I stayed there for three nights while visiting my sister who is ill. Booked at last minute and didn't expect much given the price but were looking for a reasonable price near her. The place was a fantastic surprise! Clean, full kitchen, plenty of room and very well maintained. This is a budget motel so no frills but actually provides more than many places that are more expensive, the full kitchen is a great bonus. We were very pleased and I would not hesitate to stay there again. I liked the wood look laminate floors, felt much cleaner than carpet. Money well spent.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mebohio
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We found this motel on a last minute Priceline deal a few years ago. I havent stayed anywhere else in Daytona since. Everyone we met there was courteous and helpful. You will not find a cleaner place in Daytona. Bathrooms are adequate and the kitchen is quite useful for an aftertnoon lunch break. The LCD tv has been added recently and are a nice upgrade. The beach is directly across the street, less than 1 minute to walk. Just minutes by car to the Ocean Walk area. Easy parking at the garage connected to Ocean Walk. If you are looking for a nice clean place at the beach, This Is It !

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 5262Sully
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Grand Prix Motel
Grand Prix Motel
#21 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedway
WoodSpring Suites Daytona Speedw...
#41 of 72 in Daytona Beach
#33 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Beachside Hotel
Beachside Hotel
#37 of 72 in Daytona Beach

Been to Studio 1 Motel? Share your experiences!