My family and I live just under two hours from Daytona Beach, and we decided to take a little weekend mini-vacation to the beach and visit the Museum of Arts and Sciences which is minutes away from the motel. I chose the Studio 1 because I noticed they had received the White Glove cleanliness award recently, and the rates seemed a good value for the area. I did know before my arrival that the motel is situated across the street from the beach, so I was pleasantly surprised with the great ocean view from our second floor room. I also was very pleased with the private balcony to the rear of our room right off the fully equipped kitchen.
The not so great things: White Glove Award my butt! There were many hairs on the bathroom floor and sand on the bedsheets. I noticed this before we visited the beach. This tells me the sheets were not changed on the bed, unless of course the sand came from the bedspread, which experienced travelers know are hardly ever washed anywhere. Since it was after 9pm when I noticed this, I was unable to get new linens since the motel office closes by then.
Also, while there are some bars within walking distance, and a 7-11 next door, the only family restaurant I could find was an IHOP about 3 miles away. I realize Daytona has a reputation for being a little seedy, and has weathered some storms recently; but I was surprised at the number of vacant buildings on the strip. And, while I was out on the front balcony of the motel, I witnessed a man picking up a prostitute across the street in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn.
So, I guess I would pick a better area next time to bring the family to the beach, but I did like the layout of the room, the view of the ocean, the convenient location near the Museum (and the Krispy Kreme). It was a good room rate for being so close to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- American owned and operated. Daytona Beach's best value and comfort! Steps to miles of sparkling beach. Choose from a full kitchen unit with smooth top range/microwave or studio unit equipped with microwave and mini frig. Complimentary HBO, WiFi and in-room coffee. Hardwood floors, patio or balcony. All rooms are non-smoking. We look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Studio 1 Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Studio 1 Hotel Daytona Beach
- Studio 1 Motel Daytona Beach, Florida