“You could tell it was off season”
Review of Caribbean Jack's

Caribbean Jack's
Ranked #6 of 392 Restaurants in Daytona Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Local Restaurant located in marina with beautiful views of the Halifax River. Serving the freshest seafood and products available. Good selection of local Florida spirits and beers. Live bands nightly on our huge deck.
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Food was good. There was lots of variety making it difficult to to chose what we wanted to order. We got blackened Mahi Mahi and Jerk Shrimp Stir Fry. "Those potatoes" were very good but the coleslaw was so-so. The stir fry is highly recomme if you like spicy food. Our server was friendly but very rushed. They seemed understaffed since our server was working inside and out on the patio annd it took forever just to get a refill even though there weren't really that many tables. She had a large party plus several other tables. She could have used some help. Live entertainment was good.

1  Thank JAEsMommy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,787)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

If you want to go to the best restaurant in Daytona y
Look no future than Jacks. The service was 2nd to none and the food was outstanding. The fish is beyond fresh and cooked just the way you want it.

1  Thank Robert A
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The overall picture I have of being here is dis-appointment. The décor, the service, the drinks, the food, and the view of the river are lackluster at best and downright horrible at worst. The drink order to begin was fine for me with a straight Jack Daniels, but my wife's coconut rum drink had hardly any rum in it, despite the waitress saying she saw the bartender pour almost to the top of the glass. We started with Mussels Trinidad which were pretty good, but I cook a lot of Shrimp and Grits at home and use Andouille sausage, and what they claim to be Andouille is not. My wife's dish of Caribbean Mahi-Mahi with a mango and black bean salsa (which was not served on the side as had been requested) was overcooked and tough. The side of Calypso rice was very dry and tasteless. I had the evening special of Cajun Jambalaya. Not bad, but nothing special, just some grilled chicken breast and sausage. We did decide to try to salvage the meal by trying the Bananas Foster. That did live up to it's reputation. It is huge, certainly not made for only one person. We shared it and even then we did not finish it all. (be advised, you could go into sugar shock if you gobbled the whole thing.) Don't waste either your time or money on a sub-par establishment.

2  Thank CapeCouple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband, niece and her husband ate here on their outdoor deck on their swinging seats. This waterside restaurant offers not only exceptional service but food as well. Both my husband and I had their mahi fish sandwich and it was one of the best we've ever had. My niece and her husband also enjoyed their food as well. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable of the menu and drinks. I got a bloody mary which came in a plastic cup but enclosed within a souvenir pirate coconut cup (which also doubles as a bank) - will always remember our fun time there at Caribbean Jacks!!!

1  Thank Subourd
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A very nice place adjacent to a private club along the Intercoastal waterfront. Indoor and outdoor dining.
Started out with their conch chowder which was pleasingly spicy, but not mouth burning. My entree was their crab cakes. These were a very nice consistency and well cooked. The sauce topping was a sort of chipotle, with a salad and my side was their excellent cole slaw. My wife ordered their appetizer of fire shrimp which were some of the best we had ever tasted.
For desert, we had their specialty of a Banana Foster. One order is enough for three people. An excellent choice. Service was excellent with knowledgable assistance with what to order.
When we are back in Daytona, we will be back.

1  Thank Steven S