“25 Yeare Timesharing---A Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Club IV

Sea Club IV
The Villages, Florida
“25 Yeare Timesharing---A Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

This resort is a small 40 unit resort directly on the beach. The newly refurbished units are very well done with everything you would expect. The staff were all very helpful and always available to assist. Very well maintained inside and out. The pool area directly on the beach and very well maintained. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation in a friendly atmosphere this is the place. The manager (Michael) is doing a great job to ensure your vacation is up to your expectation. We will return

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, GA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

My son and his girlfriend and daughter and her boyfriend booked this as a timeshare trade, and I visited for about half the week. It was a one bedroom with pullout sofa and Murphy bed in the living room, two full baths and kitchen. It was roomy, clean, and well stocked. The only sleeping problem we ran into was the pullout sofa which had an extremely lumpy/dippy mattress, but since it was only accommodating one person (me) I just slept directly on the sofa and solved that problem. It would have been a real issue if it had been a third couple, but that was the only bobble we experienced. There is plenty of storage space for all the stuff you drag along with you to the beach, and the balcony is huge and overlooks the pool and ocean. Everyone in the management office was friendly and helpful. Will definitely return, we liked the location, the size and the amenities here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ktoo
Madison, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

A girl friend and I were at Sea Club IV from October 29th until November 5. My husband was unable to go due to work, and the only availability through RCI was a studio. However, it was listed as sleeping 2 privately. Before booking, I called the resort and asked how a studio could sleep two privately, and was told that there was a sliding door to divide the sleeping areas at night. (They do have some units like that but not the one we were assigned to with the RCI booking.) So, I discussed this with my friend, and we decided to go with the information that was given, and I booked for the week. When we arrived, there was a nice Murphy bed and a sleeper sofa, which we expected. Then we started looking for the sliding door to divide the two, and there was not one. I talked to the person on duty, who was new, and he was unable to help at the time. I called RCI, and they were not helpful at all and said that the "Sleeps: 2 private" meant that there was a private bathroom from the sleeping area. .... ridiculous and didn't make sense! We have had time shares for over 30 years and have never ran into this before. So, in the end, RCI did nothing for us and said to call back on Monday (this was Sat. evening when I called) and that he could not call me back. In other words, I was to make the call and sit on hold forever, etc.. On Monday the Sea Club IV resort manager (who was out of town) called in the morning and asked me to explain the problem. Within minutes he not only moved us to a 2-bedroom unit (which we never expected or asked for), but the very best they had. In other words, Sea Club IV went out of their way for us, and we had a wonderful rest of the week. Both units were beach front, clean, and had everything that was listed. All of the staff was exceptionally friendly and nice. We could get clean towels every day if we wished. Even the studio would have been sufficient had it been just my husband and I, but I had told my friend that we would have a divided sleeping area, so I was embarrassed when we arrived and found that it was not private.. Again, Sea Club IV made things more than right for us, whereas RCI was not helpful at all and the guy I talked to argued about what "Sleeps 2 private" meant....just ridiculous. Sea Club IV, we love you and plan to come back! Thanks for going the second mile for us and having such a beautiful resort for us to enjoy! Peggy

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Peggy T
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

The staff is personable, respectable, and knows the meaning of customer service. It is clean and every room has a view. Very reasonable rates. It was hard sometimes to get down to pick up towels before the cut off time. I never tried to get them after noon but, I am sure that someone would have helped us. Parking leaves a lot to be desired if you have company but, the hotel right next door let us park in there lot for a small fee. We could see the vehicles & we did not have to walk down & across the street to the unsecured, dirt parking lot that was recommended.
The murphy bed and the pull out couch are as comfortable as you expect them to be. If you do it right on vacation though you will not care due to being so tired.
We had a great time & we will return!

Room Tip: Small kitchen that has everything you need. The higher the room the better the view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank greatnw2
Newberry, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

My family has went to this condo every summer for the past several years and we love it. We have never had a bad experience so far and don't expect to. Our room is always clean when and well stocked when we arrive and never have problems getting clean linens upon request. The location is great with access to the beach front and also a nice pool area that has been upgraded. The only complaint I could have is the internet access is not all that great but I expect that will be upgraded as well in the near future. The best thing I like is the staff and the wednesday morning social with coffee and donuts.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Park City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here with my parents and kids, 6 of us total in the one bedroom, there was a wueen bed, murphy bed and pullout couch with a small kitchen). All the rooms have a ocean view. I was a liitle afraid of staying here after my dad showed me this place that he booked thru RCI. It looked extremely dated. However when we got there I was pleasantly surprised, it was dated but still nice and clean. (i overhead that they will be renovating soon) The pool was heated and there were pool towels for us to use which is great so we dont have to pack them. The beach was GREAT, the sand was fine and smooth, there were only small shells which are great for the feet not so great for shell hunting although our kids didnt mind. We loved Aunt Catfish's restaurant and the the Crab Shack which is the restaurant right on the pier (we walked there from the Sea Club). Its definitely not a Ritz Carlton but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wework2travel
Toronto, Ontario.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

Over all booking and check in was super smooth. We arrived to our condo around 130 pm and all was ready. Unit was spotless and very well equipped. They exchange towels and bedding anytime you wish. Pool towels are exchanged everyday if you wish. Grounds are spotless, every morning as early as 6am 2 guys begin refreshing the entire pool deck every day. Constantly clean and maintain the SS Weber BBQ;s. Never have to woryy about deck loungers or chairs, there aree plenty. Pool was very comfortable as was the ocean. The sandy beach is a one of a kind, always lots of action. Staff was always very accomadating. They even booked us a tee time @ LPGA National golf course without any hesitation. We stayed 1 week here and 1 week on Gulf coast, my wife and I both wish we would have spent the entire 2 weeks @ Sea Club IV Daytona Shores. Like the title says we liked it so much we bought 2 weeks as soon as we got home.
You cant go wrong with this property.

Room Tip: call early to book
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,313 reviews
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront

Been to Sea Club IV? Share your experiences!