“The Worst Bar in Daytona Beach”
Review of Tailgaters Sports Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Tailgaters Sports Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Please read the review below regarding Karaoke extortion! The new manager has taken this business to a new low. The MC "Cowboy" and the DJ whose name is unknown to me have been told by the manager to call one name for karaoke, and then play one song, at which point "Cowboy" sings along with the words. And, on 9/7/13, a drunk woman decided it would be fun to gyrate like a stripper while patrons asked for the tab to leave.

Listen up. If you like karaoke, remember that your wait time is doubled because they play one song which is a sing along by "Cowboy", then if you have ordered enough to drink, your name will be called. Maybe. I spoke with the manager on the evening of 9/7/13 and he just did not care.

Stay away.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stopped here at lunch because (a) the boardwalk was dead and (b) this place had the easiest (free) place to park.

We had the place to ourselves nearly two hours. (Outside of the "Norm and Cliff" up at the bar, expounding loudly on the state of the nation the entire time we were there.)

Our waitress wasn't the speediest, but she was very nice and friendly and we had no place to go. (It was HOT outside and we were tired.) The food was all good. Nothing 5 star about it, but good pub food. Since there was no one there for us to bother, we taught the girls to play pool. Our soda glasses stayed filled the whole time we were there playing.

Two guys from the beach walked in, making some derogetory comments and Norm and Cliff chased them out, which was nice to see. Many places shy away from standing up to the bullies these days. (The bullies came back about 30 minutes later and actually apologized. Who does that these days? Good for them.)

I'm sure this place is very different at night or when the boardwalk is hopping, but it was a nice (cool) relaxed place to be in the middle of the day.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Horrible place that's all I have to say.. Just horrible. Poor atmosphere, poor service, dirty tables, waitresses with attitudes, pushy owner.. Stay away.

1  Thank brad f
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place has the worst burger ever . they are dry and don't taste good no matter how much condiments you use on them.

1  Thank ffdelgaudio
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I got stopped outside the bar heading back to my hotel and they wanted me to come in. they had a so called "deal" that was 12 rainbow shots for 20 bucks. I took them in on it cause I met this girl there well come to find out after taking several of these shots there was no alcohol in them. I talked to the bar tender and then it led to getting into and argument with him. threw the 20 bucks in his face and told him to go **** himself. so make sure you watch them make your drink so you don't get played like I did.

1  Thank dreyerdy