“Excellent stay, as usual”

Daytona Resort & Club
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Daytona Beach
Daytona Resort & Club
Jefferson City, MO
“Excellent stay, as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Our family has gone to this condo every year since I was a girl. It's a delight to meet new people and reconnect with those you've met years prior. It's a wonderful well-made condo. I don't know how the housekeeping staff gets the rooms ready with such little turn-around time. The pool is always the perfect temperature. Things to remember: typically people will go out in the morning and snag one of the 4 shaded tables. If you need shade, send someone out to get your spot. Also, the tv and entertainment sets are outdated. Unless you typically travel with VHS and cassette tapes, you may be out of luck. They do have cable, though so that's good. We love this condo and, while we could stay in other cities and facilities, choose to return year after year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sweet037

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Scranton, PA, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

A small time share resort that is convenient to the beach. It is also convenient to Beach St. Restaurants and shopping. Some rooms (2d BR, both baths and kitchen) are very small. Little in the way of drawer space, but closets galore. Very nice pool and recreation area with basketball and shuffleboard. This is a quiet laid back resort, very friendly but little in the way of activity. Good for quiet relaxation at beach but not for an action vacation.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank LFA
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I cannot believe that they actually call this place a resort! First of all just the ride in with all the run down buildings was a turn off. I feel like I'm in a time zone of the 50's - 60's, the staff, the furniture and just the general surroundings are outdated. Just waiting for the 2x2 elevator after checking in was a nightmare. REALLY?? I have been to so many timeshares and I cannot believe that this actualy qualifies as one. I would never recommend anyone stay here especially if you're young.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank AG-C35
Jefferson City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Our family has gone to this condo every year for the last 29 years. It's a wonderful well-made condo. The housekeeping staff has gone to great lengths to be sure it's nice and clean. Because of it's sturdy build, noise levels from neighbors is not as much an issue. The pool is always the perfect temperature.

Things to remember: typically people will go out in the morning and snag one of the 4 shaded tables. If you need shade, send someone out to get your spot. Also, the tv and entertainment sets are outdated. Unless you typically travel with VHS and cassette tapes, you may be out of luck. Theydo have cable, though so that's good. Recently they have allowed someone to serve in "guest services". In other words, you ha e someone offering to show you another property's time share.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank sweet037
Green Bay, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

My husband and I needed a week to decompress from the stresses of life for a week. We needed to do this on a strict budget - meaning no renting a car and preparing most of our meals. DRC fit the bill. Yes, a very outdated website and yes, an older, but very kind staff (FYI we are in our mid 50's). Years ago we stayed at Atlantis on Paradise Island, on Maui, and in Mazatlan, Mexico so we know how good these resort/time shares can be. DRC is small, similar to a hotel with pool. Calling it a resort is far-fetched. We were pleased we could walk everywhere we needed to go, with the exception of Publix, which we took a trolley ($1.25). We had a 5th floor corner room, so we could see the beach from our bedroom window. So, if you want a relaxing get-a-way and love to walk than don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank oliewood
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

My parents let me stay at this place for a week with my friends. We are all in are early 20s and are in college. This timeshare place (I'm not going to call it a resort, because it's really not one) is really not for anybody under the age of 30 at least, possibly 45.
We were jokingly reminded a few times with no due cause by the 3 or 4 person staff of baby boomers to make sure we keep the noise down and behave. We never behaved close to making that comment necessary. Everyone else at the place is content with waking up early, tanning all day, watching the 6 o'clock news and going to bed afterward.
The entire property is about the same size as any Holiday Inn Express, which isn't a negative but not a positive either, so keep that in mind.
The best thing about this place is the geographical location. If you wanted to go really enjoy yourself at a bar, they're all mostly 1 mile or less away. The beach is a 100 yard walk east; we could see the ocean from our room (4th fl).
The room itself is quite nice. Two good sized bedrooms, and the kitchen is handy. Although I have to add, 90% of the timeshare hotels I've been to had what DRC had. And the furnishings are all very outdated, like the staff. Also, our bath towels smelled heavily of chlorine (not a big enough problem that we wanted to ruffle staff feathers but noticeable).
The room has wifi but its unsecured so we weren't able to check bank accts, etc. They should invest in a secured connection. Also, there was no gym/fitness room which was a huge bummer for people of the age I hope is reading this.

The surrounding area is all run down businesses and kind of depressing but then again maybe its the economy. There are countless sketchy motels within a 1 mile radius.

If you visit they're website, then you should know the "mom and pop" feel of the site is what you're really going to get. Nothing more, but nothing less.

My last tip to any fellow 18-30 year olders reading out there: there was no one attractive at this place all week. To see anyone close to attractive in Daytona head north toward the boardwalk area near Razzle's.

My advice for a 18-30 year old staying here: drink in the room, and when you want to go out either go to the beach or up the A1A to the clubs.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
6 Thank QPRLoftusRoad
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2009

This is a small timeshare resort with around 30 one and two bedroom units. The 2 br unit I had reserved was on the first floor. I had e-mail them earlier asking if there was an open unit on any other floor (view didn't matter), if they would switch me. I do not like being on the first floor of any hotel/resort for security purposes. They e-mailed me back and said it was their busy time, but they would do there best. Upon check in I was thrilled to find out they put me on the fourth floor with a nice view of the ocean! I was so impressed. Ms. Beryl at the front desk remembered me by name on the second day. That was very impressive since it was the first time I had been there. I had a few minor maintenance concerns and Brian was there almost immediately and remedied the situations. Very impressed with that also.

The building, grounds as well as the unit were impecibly clean. I even checked the top fo the ceiling fan and NO DUST!!!!! The closet were the air condition/heating unit was imaculate also (I have found most places these are dusty/nasty areas). I made it a point to let the housekeeping manager as well as Ms. Beryl that that was one of the cleanest timeshare units I have ever been to.

The resort is old and the cabinets and bath fixtures look like they might be original, but they all functioned properly. The family room was very, large with a small balcony and had a pull out sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman that were all comfy and in very good repair. The kitchen was small, but had everything you needed to prepare meals and everything was in working order. The sharp knives were even very sharp (I have found this to be rare in most places also). The master br was large with a tv, but the bathroom was very, very small. The spare room had a double bed with a larger bathroom, but no tv. I also found that the airconditioning did not seem to cool the master bedroom as well as the rest of the unit.

The resort has a large heated pool which we enjoyed very much. It was the size of a lot of the larger resorts. There were several lounge chairs as well as some tables & chairs with umbrellas. There were outdoor bathrooms by the pool (that was definately a nice touch), a tiki hut with a radio, some pool toys, two gas grills, basket ball hoop, nice double chair swing, and a small hot tub.

The location is one mile south of the main street pier and is across the street from the beach with car ramp to the beach. Loved walking to the pier and back in the morning and at night.

I will admit I love staying at the more plush resorts and am a bit of a timeshare snob, but I will definately stay at the Daytona Resort & Club. There are very few timeshare resorts in Daytona Beach that I would stay in, but this is definately one of them.

I enjoyed the smaller resort which allowed us to not be crowded in the pool. There were no more than four other people in the pool when we were there and we were allowed to have blow up rafts to lay on (most resorts are so crowded they do not allow that). It was heaven! Little touches like a free daily newspaper and a computer available to check e-mails was nice also.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo