“My family has been staying here every year for past 30+ years :)”
Review of Silver Beach Club

Silver Beach Club
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My family has been coming to this time share for the past 30 some years. Lots of good memories and definitely love this place. Sure it could use some updating,but can't beat the location especially during bike week in daytona. We love it :))) pool is amazing by the way!!

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank im_dawn

Reviewed 25 January 2013

If all you are looking for is a wonderful staff, a great location, and spotlessly clean units, this is the place for you. If you are also looking for a well-maintained and up-to-date unit, then look elsewhere.
We booked a two-bedroom unit in mid-January. When I walked into the unit, I thought I was in a time-warp to 20 years ago. We used KEYS, had silk plants that had been here for 20 years, and had a tube TV (with VCR availability.) There was satellite TV, theorectically with about 30 channels, but only 5 or 6 of them came in clearly, and 10 never came in. The carpet was patched, the towels thin and stringy, and there was a gap 1" around the front door that wind blew through. It took 3 minutes (I timed it!) to get hot water in the kitchen and bathroom sinks (but the hot water in the showers worked well.) We contacted maintenance for 3 things, and all were fixed quickly and efficiently, which led us to believe that their version of maintenence was to wait for a complaint, then fix it.
Having said all of that, we got used to the "ambience" and it ended up being a strictly OK place to stay. The staff was great, and knew that the facilities were less than stellar. They provided anything you needed that was not in the room - extra cookware, hair dryers, irons, etc. We did not take advantage of the outdoor pool and hot tub (they looked fine) nor the very few activities provided.
We certainly wouldn't recommend it, but it wasn't terrible.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sandi H
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This was an RCI point week that we used for August 25 - 30, however we left on friday due to the fact that our room was broken into on Thursday. My jewelery bag was stolen. At this point we are not sure if anything else is missing. They didn't seem to be the least bit concerned either - this must be a common crime at this facility. We also spoke to another guest when we were leaving who advised us they were staying here for a free week which they received due to the fact that when they were there a few months back their room was robbed!! I can't understand why anyone would want to stay again at a place where they were robbed. We could not wait to get out of there, in fact wednesday night when this happened we didn't even go out to dinner because we were afaid to leave our room on the chance they would come back and rob us again. We checked out asap on thursday and had to pay top dollar since it was a holiday weekend and even though our room at Silver Beach was paid for and we had to pay double for our stay - it was better than staying in a hotel that has no respect for their guests and their safety. Next time we will be sure to take note when an establishment has numerous ssigns warning you that they are not responsible for stolen items.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank DekeShar
Laura H, Manager at Silver Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Silver Beach Club owners and guests are extremely important to us. Our families have started their own tradition by returning year after year and have created memories to last a lifetime.

Silver Beach Club and the City of Daytona Beach Police Department take crime on our property and within our city very seriously. We are truly sorry for the burglary reported by you during your stay.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk yet close enough to drive .. Daily Towel exchange and the staff was outstanding at answering our Questions.. This resort is for those who are going to spend time on the beach and out and about and use the resort to rest or use the awsome Pool. The Wi Fi was great and while the TV were older they were functional and truly after all day at the ocean or out exploring I wasn't there to watch TV. The security was active while we were on property and as stated earlier the staff was always helpful with any request we had .. I Recommend this resort for those who are intrested in the beach who would like a clean room to sleep in and a place to cook meals.with an awsome view ....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank richardmullins

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you next year and many more to come!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

The "resort" was more like a hotel with 2 bedroom accommodations. The rooms definitely need updates. For example, the tv's were small and boxlike and the rooms required an actual key (haven't seen that in years) for entry. Besides updates, the resort was very acceptable. The rooms were clean, service was good, and the pool area was nice (though crowded). It sits right on the public beach with lifeguards, beach patrol, vendors, etc. The beach is not overly crowded and is relaxing. The resort offered a pizza day, a DJ on a couple of days, and an ice cream day (ice cream and pizza for a small fee). Other than shuffleboard, those were the only activities. If you're looking for luxury, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a decent place on the beach without many amenities, it's perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank kaiserfamily
Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

When I read the other reviews I was petrified of my trip because I had already booked my room. However, once I got here I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, the place is a little dated.....But it's not a brand new building so what do you expect? The staff is super friendly, the rooms have appliances and dishes and stuff. They have flat screen tv's. It is RIGHT ON the beach. The pool is big and clean, as is the hot tub. Also, if you get hungry on the beach try grabbing lunch at the little cafe downstairs. It's cheaper and better than the vendors on the beach. The only thing wrong with the place in my opinion is that it costs 1.75 to wash and another 1.75 to dry laundry. Hope I helped you make your decision.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank bmpartlow2
Reviewed 26 May 2012

This condo as it is called is in terrible shape and there is absolutely no security. Elevators are dark and slow and the doors still lock using a key instead of a card. There are no safes in the room to put your valuables. Our room was robbed during a two hour period while we were at the beach losing all our cash, debit and credit cards, identification, purses, wallets. This happened while the doors were locked and security said it appeared that the door was forced open by a screwdriver. He told us this had happened a couple of years earlier but they had fired the guy which tells me it was an employee doing the stealing. Police took a report but told us that since they just grabbed our wallets and purses they could not do fingerprinting. There are no security cameras so they claimed they had no way to try and see anyone entering the room. Needless to say we packed up and left and we do not expect to get any of our belongings back. All we can do is warn anyone else that is considering this resort to RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN THE OTHER WAY!! The front desk seemed very unconcerned and all they offered was to move us to the room next door if we didn't feel comfortble staying in the same room that was robbed. Also at night when we got brave enough to venture down to the pool we were scared back into our room because of people coming up from the beach and lurking behind the fence watching us. They clearly were not guests of the resort. I had two teenagers with me and there was absolutely no way I would have let them out of the room on their own. As for the rooms they were extremely outdated and the bed linens did not appear clean. You were limited on towels and washcloths and the appliances were very old and plug ins were very few and far between. This condo was so bad that I cannot even give it a 1 on a 1-5 rating but had to give it a 1 because it would not let me just not rate it but believe me it is worse than terrible!. It would be an injustice to anyone trying to get a reveiw for me to even give it the courtesy of a 1. Honesty is better than seeing anyone else's vacation ruined like ours was. Thank God I had taken my debit card with me to the beach the day we were robbed or we would have had no way to get home since they robbed us of all our money and money cards. I do not expect management to push to even find who did this as they seemed very unconcerned about the incident. We were devestated and want everyone to know about this because I am sure they will never tell anyone.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room in the whole facility.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family