“Good and bad memories”
Review of Silver Beach Club

and 1 more site!
Silver Beach Club
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

While searching for a vacation spot , this resort came up. After calling and talking to Gary, we decided that we would stay at silver beach club resort. Gary assured us that it was clean and many local resturants and activities. Upon arrival Gary greeted us and provided us with all the information we asked for. If he didn't have the information he went and researched to find the information. He made our stay fun and exciting. Although he did the best job he could there were other employees that couldn't even tell us if there was access to the beach from the resort. During our week stay, house keeping came in once to sweep the floor. We had to go get clean towels and bedding on our own. If it wasn't for Gary our stay would not have been the best. He always had a smile and showed a real concern for making our stay pleasureable.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank kkm14

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My opinion started from home. I have worked as a customer service agent for 24 years and I have never experienced such wonderful service like Gary at the front counter provided. When I called to make reservations I spoke with Gary and he was overly accomadating . After reading the reviews I was very hesitate to make reservations here and actually looked into some other resorts . If it wasn't for Gary and his fantastic service on the phone for several weeks before we arrived I would have ended up elsewhere. I called on many occasions with several questions and concerns and Gary assurred me that he would make sure our stay would be wonderful. He followed thru with everything from the time we arrived until the moment he left. He's personality was kind professional and very friendly. He was one of the only employees that actually cared about providing the best service possible. Gary is definitely s huge asset to this resort!

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank maryz143
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The resort was an ok experience. The employees were not helpful, not informative, and unfriendly... Even the supervisor was unpleasant. If it wasn't for Gary at the front desk, we probably wouldn't have stayed. Gary was heads and shoulders above any employee there. The resort is fortunate he works there. He adds so much. The resort would do themselves a favor if he could train the employees like him!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Karenb3111
Reviewed 22 March 2014

It's unfortunate that great workers have to work at an unfortunate"resort." I checked in with Gary and he was wonderful at the front desk. I went to walk up to my room and before I put the key in the knob, the door opened....it wasn't locked. When I walked in, the first thing that caught my attention was the musty, heavy, thick air. The rooms have Holiday Inn-type AC units. The second day, maitnence had fixed something in the walkway with wet concrete. They failed to tell me or post any sign that there was wet concrete outside my door. I walked right through the wet concrete with my new Nike's on. I could go on and on, but to save you time, go look for other places before making Silver Beach your final decision.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank gobuffs77
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Silver Beach Club is a nice place to stay in the Daytona Beach area. We enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching the waves outside our room. The pool area was also nice and kept very clean. Lots of activities for couples or families. The rooms were spacious and you could make your own meal there if you didn't feel like going out. We enjoyed walking to the boardwalk almost every afternoon. Some of the rooms are being remodeled so ask for a new one when you reserve your room. This is a nice central place to stay if you want to explore Daytona, Orlando, or Cape Canaveral. We will be returning again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank L0vethebeach20
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed here February 1 - 8 of 2014 using our RCI timeshare points. We stayed on the fifth floor facing the ocean and the view and balcony was fantastic! The beach is clean and lovely here.

The Silver Beach Club is an older building that is currently undergoing renovation. Our room was clean - and the appliances adequate. There was a flat screen TV. The place was comfortable enough for us, and the staff very friendly and helpful. We did not have any problems at all.

The location is on the north end of Daytona Beach Shores - which is south of Daytona Beach proper. The condos are about one mile south of all the major boardwalk attractions. We felt quite safe; but did take our valuables (Ipods, cell phones, Kindles, wallets, etc.) with us whenever we left the room based on previous reviews.

It was a pleasureable trip - do not expect "resort" or luxury, and you will be satisfied.

Room Tip: If you ask for a studio, you will always get an ocean facing room - I would ask for 4th, 5th or 6th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rhiannon H
Reviewed 9 December 2013

WARNING! WARNING! ......Our week at this condo with our daughters family which included a 6 month old baby was one problem after another. First the carpet was so dirty that we couldn't ever put him directly on it and it was so bad it left our feet black. Second: we had ants on the counters, crevises of the walls and they ran down the wall to the carpet also. Third: we had to call to repair a running toilet that continued to run thru the days and night even after they came to fix which showed no results. Fourth: our refrigerator had running water INSIDE it. They did stop that problem but the door never sealed and we could see the inside light at night where it wasn't aligned right for it to fit tight, therefore it ran all the time and wasn't cold as it should have been for the temperature control setting. Fifth: if you think your going to sit on the balcony to view the ocean , think again. They have NO table or chairs on them. Sixth: If you want to feel the breeze and hear the ocean, think again. No doors are allowed to be open at any time as they say it affects the appliances from the ocean air( I have never not be able to open a door on a condo in any other resort). Seventh: for pots and pans, they had one small skillet, one sauce pan of medium size, one smaller sauce pan and one dutch oven. Now how do you fry hamburgers for 6 people with one small skillet which is the capacity of the room.
Now for the good points. One: all the workers were pleasant and wanted to help but had no resources to do so. This place needs alot of repair and updates. Beware RCI timeshare renters or anyone else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family