“Good Visit”

Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good Visit”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Had a good visit. Was a good hotel and will stay there again. Only issue was small elevators made it hard during the weekend to get down stairs when people was checking out.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
I am so appreciative for your review, and happy to know you will be returning. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for the taking the time to write a review, your time and business is appreciated by everyone here at the Mayan Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Monroe, Ga
Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stayed at the Mayan Inn June 26-30 and had a great time, the motel was clean, everyone was friendly from check in/out to cleaning. We did have to ask for a frying pan and pot for the kitchen but they had this in the there by the time we got back to our rooms. We have found a new tradition! Will be back next year!!

Room Tip: If you don't care for the music from the Ocean Deck ask for rooms on the North side.
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience with us. We appreciate your positive feed back and I am so happy to hear you will be making a return visit. We have so many regular customers and I am glad that you will join them as part of our extended family. We enjoy seeing familiar faces and love the friendships we have built with people from accross the states. Thank you again for your time and positive review, it means so much to us here as we continue to work hard to improve our level of customer service and guest experience. See you again soon!!
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I was worried about booking this hotel because of the negative reviews but I'm so glad I chose this hotel. I booked a room for 5 nights at a very reasonable rate and my mother did also. We booked separately and when we got there, they offered us connecting rooms. We were in ocean view rooms with balconies and I think the ocean view is just as good as ocean front at this hotel. The rooms are big and clean and the staff made our stay even better. They are so friendly and our housekeeping man was so helpful and friendly. He cleaned our room very well and always provided us with plenty of towels. Our towel rack broke off the wall and they fixed it within 5 minutes of us reporting it.I LOVED this hotel and we plan to make the Mayan Inn a yearly tradition for our family. Anyone giving bad reviews must be paid by other hotels. The only complaint my husband had was the slow elevators, but I didn't mind them. We were on 7th floor and I never had to wait more than 3 or so minutes for one.

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
I am so happy to hear that you will be joining the many travelers that call the Mayan Inn home when they come to Daytona Beach. Thank you so much for your kind words and I will be sure to share your praises with the housekeeper that took care of you during your stay. They work very hard and always love when they are mentioned by guests who appreciated their hard work. Yes it is unfortunate that we have some not so favorable reviews, but we use those to help us improve the areas people found unsatisfactory. Far too many people leave having enjoyed their stay but decide not to share their experience or are not aware how to. We are so happy and thankful that you chose to share yours with others looking to spend their vacation with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you and your family next time you visit Daytona.
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My daughter and i booked rooms for this past weekend at The Mayan,and they put us side by side. The staff is wonderful ! The motel is not the cleanest in the hallways ....but i can honestly say if people had more respect for others property maybe the motel would not be so hard to keep clean ! The noise from the ocean deck was noisy,but my ear plugs fixed that problem ! The location is awesome. We will certainly make this place our vacation/mini vacation get away place. The bartender (The older lady) Barbra i believe. is awesome. Made our stay special. My daughter just loved her. Thank you to the staff for a wonderfu weekend. A shout out to Tammy.... our house keeper ....thank you for the clean room,and hospitality !!!!
Lisa Freeman & Heather and Brandon anusbigian

West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband & I have stayed here many times & will stay again. Although the hotel is nothing special it's in a convenient location with great beach access. We always stay ocean front on the 8th floor. My biggest complaint is the bird poo on the balcony. I know it can't be comletely prevented but it could certainly be cleaned up better. I'm certain the balcony of the room we had in January hadn't been washed since the last hurricane. Joann at the front desk is wonderful and I'm glad to know that Barbara is still the bartender. (I just wish the bar was open more often) Yes, the elevators are old and slow but when I'm on vacation I try not to be in a hurry. The breakfast could be improved but it's acceptable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SusanB1965
, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Thank you for being a return guest to our property and taking the time to share your experience with others. We do understand that there are areas we need to improve upon, and appreciate feed back from our customers on the things we should focus on. I'm greatful for your continued business and we will be sure to address your areas of concern as we work toward improving our overall guest experience here at the Mayan. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The lobby looks nice and inviting, the staff is very friendly.... then you step into the filthy elevators, to the filthy hallways, to your gross room. We had ocean front so that was the only reason we stayed there the two nights. Splurge and go somewhere else!

Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you for staying with us, I am glad you found our staff to be friendly and dissapointed that you found all else to be unsatisfactory. We are in the process of improving our elevators, but find it unacceptable that you found them to be dirty, as well as our hallways and your room. Your comments help us to know where improvement is needed and we appreciate you taking the time to bring it to our attention. I will be sure to mention your findings to those staff members whose responsibilities they are and we will do all we can to ensure that these areas are not in the status you found them again. I am sorry that our accomodations did not meet your expectations and hope you will give us another chance to improve your experience with us.

Thank you again for staying, your comments help us to do better and are appreciated.
Brandon, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2012

The older reviews scared me on here when I purchased a room online. The ones saying this place is horrible are wrong. Or they just had a bad experience, which can happen at ANY hotel. You know some people are more picky than others and I hate when uptight people ruin the reputation of places with STANDARD accomodations... you can't pay $125 for an ocean front view room with a private balcony and expect the place to look like the Hilton. That's just unreasonable. I was on a budget, looking for a room with a nice view to watch the sunrise. This was in my price range and I'm happy I went with it. Here is the truth, coming from a 36 week pregnant, 26 year old girl who rented a room for her significant other's 30th birthday on Father's Day. I'm not some kid on "spring break".

The hotel IS older, and I would recommend that the elevator be updated, but the rooms are clean. Customer service is very good. I did not see one single bug, so if this used to be a problem, it isn't now. For an extra $10, you can extend your stay from 11am to 1pm. The air conditioner worked very well. The tub did drain a bit slow, but it was clean. There was a mini fridge, coffee maker and microwave available for use and all worked fine. There was one small stain on the carpet, but you could tell the carpet was clean.. again the hotel is just a bit older. The beds did creak some when you moved around in them, but they were SUPER comfortable. I'm pregnant, so that counts for something! I like a bed that's a bit older and broken in. I don't like firm beds, but that's just my preference. The pillows were AWESOME. Super fluffy. I was surprised by that actually. The soap they provide smells pretty darn good, but I would bring my own shampoo next time. Theirs isn't bad, it's just the generic hotel stuff and I'm picky about my hair being soft. I did not use the safe. I took my laptop and left it in the room. No one messed with it. The front desk has towels available for when you're done swimming. Downstairs has a bar with a pool table. The pool goes to over 10 feet deep! Since the other reviews said that karaoke was a problem at the bottom and bird droppings on the balcony were a problem at the top, I requested a room at mid level. We had no problems with either one of these issues. The free breakfast consisted of juice, coffee, milk, oatmeal, 4 kinds of cereal, pre-packaged danishes and muffins and toast with jelly. I don't know why people would complain about that. That's pretty standard in the places I've gotten free breakfast. The boardwalk is super close. We walked to the mini carnival, restaurants, bars (didn't go in those though), beach shops, etc.. The pictures make it look like it's kind of in a dead area, but it's not at all. The roof on a FEW of the balconies is cracked, but that's just because it's older. The balcony was clean. It's clear from the condition of the hotel, that people swim a lot that stay in the rooms. It's got a used-beachy feel, but to me, that's not bad. I mean, they are right on the water.

I will definitely stay here again if I come back. I'd rather save $30-$50 on the room per night compared to other places and have that money to do fun things. =D I hope this helps!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank brigitte7186
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
I cannot thank you enough for your very honest and accurate review of our hotel. While we do have some aging, we do all we can to keep our prices reasonable for the type of hotel that we are and with our incredible location to a lot of area attractions it is certainly a fair deal overall. We appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know your experience, we can only hope that people will see this and give us a chance. It is wonderful to have some positive remarks out there. We see so many times people will leave having had a wonderful time but fail to go online and tell others about it. It is usually those who found a negative aspect of their stay that want to yell it from the roof tops!!

Thank you again for your kind words and good luck with your new baby!!