The Mayan Inn is hands down the worst hotel I have ever been in! Let me start by saying I was not expecting any sort of luxury hotel here but I was expecting something at least up to par with a Days Inn.I booked our room for a long weekend trip on a popular travel site. The pictures that are posted online look decent enough and at the time the rates were pretty average for Daytona during a holiday weekend. When we arrived the hotel is not only directly next to a busy/trashy bar. We arrived very late and there were loud drunks all around the area. The hotel has a "security officer" that patrols the parking lot at night; this man, while nice enough, wasn't even dressed in a uniform nor did he introduce himself to us so he seemed like any other stranger. When we checked in the lobby was only a hint of things to come. It smelled awful and the man working the desk was unprofessional. The elevator to our room was disgusting! There were smears all over the mirrored walls and it smelled worse than the lobby. The smell followed us to our room. The floor, tables, and bed spreads were all sticky. The room itself was terrible! There was a PVC pipe running along the roof of our room and both doors hardly closed. Everything in the room looked dirty. In addition to the filth, you could hear every drunk that was in the bar next door from our room. I did not have exceptional standards for this place but the reality of it was terrible. We quickly decided to leave. The receptionist gave me a hard time about getting a refund, saying since we checked in late in the night that he couldn't refund all of my money since we were technically there for a whole night even though we were in the room 10 minutes at the most. Then he told me I would have to return Monday after a manger returned to see if they would possible give me a refund of any kind but that he was not authorized to do so. After about 40 minutes of arguing he finally refunded my money completely despite telling me several lies about not being able to do so. He even told me that he "didn't know himself how long we were there" so he could not rightfully refund us for the night even though he had been the one to check us in! At this point the "security guard" came in gave him a hard time about it. I hope this establishment has since improved but I would never dare return. The ONLY good quality to this hotel is that it is right on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 2 blocks from Main Street Pier and walking distance to Ocean Center, Peabody Auditorium, Boardwalk, Daytona Lagoon and various other restaurants and attractions. Private balconies with beautiful ocean views. Oceanfront pool deck w/ seasonal Tiki Bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mayan Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Hotel Daytona Beach
- Best Western Daytona Beach
- Mayan Inn Daytona Beach, Florida