“Mayan Inn is not for a restful stay!”
Review of Mayan Inn

Mayan Inn
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Swannanoa, North Carolina
“Mayan Inn is not for a restful stay!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The bar next door has live band every night sometimes on the beach. The band did not stop playing until 2am! We changed rooms (we had 2) to other side of building hoping for better experience. None of the rooms were clean, bedspreads were nasty, found socks, food and liquid in drawers..Leftover sunscreen from last guest and I stepped on a piece of glass! The microwave did not work, no trash cans in either room, missing tv remote in one of the rooms. The door to balcony did not close (had no hardware or latch) we had to ask for new chain so we could keep door closed. The chains to outside doors were broken. The breakfast room did not have fresh items. The bread was stale and the juice was out for two days. The staff was helpful and kind but there were just too many problems. They really need to do some updates!

Room Tip: Rooms away from bar side are better choice
2 Thank JakesMomma13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Kodak, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Mayan Inn and upon arriving check inn was suppose to be a 3:00 we did not get into our room until 4:30 because the rooms were not ready. When we finally got to our room it was disgusting. There were no towels, toilet paper, the floor had not been vacuumed, the tables were dirty, the microwave was dirty had food all over inside, and the most disgusting part of it was there was a butt print on our mirror yes I said butt print. I was not expecting a 5 star hotel but sure was not expecting to have to clean my room before I stayed in it. Another problem is the parking. We were not able to leave and drive around for the first couple days so we did not loose our parking spot because there is not enough parking for the hotel when they run out you have to pay 10.00 a day to park in public parking and that is only good til 11 pm. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
2 Thank Charlene R

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Palm Harbor, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

As a repeat customer of the hotel we were very disappointed with this stay. We got 3 rooms, one with a kitchen. Kitchen was not set up for cooking, not enough silverware, dishes and other items. Pans need to be thrown away, peeling and got chips in food. Not toaster fo use for one breakfast. .Upon checking in one of the rooms had urine on the toilet and on the floor. No face cloths in bathroom. Staff said they would bring as soon as washed. Received them after Ij took my shower to go out to dinner. During most of our stay we did not receive face cloths until late in the afternoon. Need to purchase more linen. Staff was friendly and needs more to work with. The breakfast bar did not have apple,orange juice, muffins and coffee 3 of 6 days we stayed there. Staff said they ran out and would have more the next day, none next day. It was
difficult to feed 6 people in our party, what with nothing in the kitchen to cook with and nothing on the breakfast bar. I heard all around the hotel people complaining about no linens and nothing on the breakfast bar.Also many saying they are checking out and would not be back. We are some of those people, bringing family to your hotel and to have them go through that. Very disappointed and will not be back. Past visitors to your hotel.

Room Tip: ask more questions / check out past reviews
1 Thank 316caroline
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, my 7 year old daughter, my mother in law and myself stayed there. It was a little loud but we expected that. Very close to everything. We walked everywhere. The Ocean Deck is right next door. We really enjoyed it and will be going back for another stay.
The staff was very nice and extremely helpful. However the bartender was very rude. She had a terrible attitude. I would definitely consider having a heart to heart with her. Her terrible attitude had us going to the Ocean Deck just to get drinks.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather H
pittsburgh
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First off the staff is very friendly except for the the lady at the bar she was very rude... I walked into the bar after my third day of being at the Mayan inn when it finally opened stood at the bar for about 5 minutes then walked to the other side where the lady and the security guard were smoking a cig which was totally fine with me until she told me she was busy. I was going to buy some drinks for my wife and brother but with that kind of attitude and with noone else in the bar but the three of us I was a little pissed and walked over to the ocean deck where they were more than happy to serve me drinks. Other than that I had only one other issue I stayed on the 4th floor and the second day of us being here I was putting ice into my cooler at the ice machine and turned around only to slice my arm open by the fire extinguisher that was to the right of me it has bent metal with sharp edges luckily it wasn't deep enough to go to the hospital but if I had turned a little faster it probably wouldn't have been all that great. With all the other reviews about bugs and stuff like that I didn't experience anything of that nature. The room wasn't all that great but for the prices and the fact that I am on vacation and didn't spend alot of time in the room it really wasn't something to get all worked up over. But all in all my stay was satisfying the house keepers were great and the staff was great (except for the lady at the bar).

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank gzonghetti
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Well, good golly miss molly! We are here right now, leaving tomorrow.the nay sayers need to stay home or quit whining. Yes, some loud music, so we brought ear plugs...but didnt need them. Rooms were very clean, if we needed something, we asked and recieved it. I was worried about coming here when I read the reviews...so glad we came anyway! Price for room was great. We are older people, dont do the party stuff, and we had a great time. Will we be back? You bet!

Room Tip: Dont expect a condo, because it isnt one. Bring earplugs in case the bar next door is too loud for y...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theecrazymary
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

For those who have given terrible reviews, were you expecting a 5 star hotel? Sounds like it. It clearly is listed as a 2 star hotel. My daughter(an adult) and I stayed there this past Memorial Day weekend. Yes, it was family friendly, there were several families with young children there over the weekend. They seemed to be having a great time. The staff was very attentive with any request, pleasant and helpful. Barbara was a great bar server. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable, while the elevators were slow, they worked. Breakfast was simple, but enough not to have to go out and spend $12-15 each day. Yes,there was music next door, loud at times, but was expected. Yes, it could use some paint and carpet to help hide 40 years of beach vacationers, springbreakers(who trash everything). Maybe even some new doors. But the bottom line is, staying at the Mayan was no more/no less than what was expected and should I vacation again at Daytona Beach, I would stay at the Mayan again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Theresa D, General Manager at Mayan Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your honesty and understanding that while we are not perfect you still enjoyed your stay with us and would return again in the future. That is very important to us and we appreciate your business very much. I am so glad you found our associates to be friendly and helpful as that is something we strive very hard to achieve. Thank you again for your kind words.