“Great place to stay”

Ranked #82 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Statesboro, Georgia
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hotel was great. It was right on the beach and had a great pool deck with a tiki bar. Chrissie was an awesome bartender and very helpful while looking for local attractions. I enjoyed the location of the hotel but it is a good three miles to the boardwalk. However the walk was shortened with one of Chrissie's awesome drinks in hand. Recommend the Vodka cup!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed our pool deck and tiki bar. I will be sure to share this review with Chrissie and the rest of the staff. Have a great weekend. Come see us again soon.

Team LaPlaya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2011

When we got to check in it was very busy. There is a beautiful lobby and plenty of seating for the kids. They were able to plug in their gaming systems and relax while I waited to check in. The staff were accommodating and answered all my questions, as I had lots being a single mom on vacation with my 2 youngsters. We were thrilled to walk into our suite and see the heart shaped swan towels on our beds. The view is breath-taking, right on the beach! The rooms are not brand new, however our suite was clean and tidy. My expectation when I vacation is to spend plenty of time sight seeing, not indoors. I enjoyed relaxing on the balcony. We were on a strict budget for this trip, so it worked out perfectly to have Publix right across the street. We did our groceries and were able to prepare and cook all our meals in the suite. The rest of our time was spent in the indoor and outdoor pool, and on the beach. We traveled to the Mall and checked out the speedway. Daytona has a beautiful library with a large play room that the kids enjoyed. I would certainly go again!

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view on a higher level floor.
Bristol, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 August 2011

LaPlaya is a wonderful , exciting , clean, and so friendly hotel to experience!! Maid service and all ammenties are grade A+. I have stayed at LaPlaya since it was built and now with all new up-grades don't worry I will stay again and again!! Was there 2 and half weeks and going back in October for another Week. Enjoy and stay for a most relaxing stay!!
JBrown
Bristol TN

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Willie and Jackie at the front desk were the most helpful, outgoing, and fun hotel staff members we've ever experienced. They helped us a lot and they were fun, while being professional. I hope every hotel staff member that i will ever encounter will be as great as them. A+ on this hotel/staff.

Room Tip: Try and get the 9th floor. Room 921 is the most convienent
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Dear Guest,

I am ecstatic over the great comments you had for the front desk staff. I will be sure to share the review with Willie and Jackie this weekend. Outstanding Guest Service is our goal, and I am happy we did such a great job taking care of you during your stay.

Have a great weekend,

Team La Playa
Jefferson, Iowa
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Stayed here with my family July 18-23 and loved it. It's no Sandals, but for the money, it's great! The desk staff was awesome, and the restaurant staff was excellent. If you are looking for a beach vacation on a budget, this place is perfect. I WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront suites are the best!
1 Thank mdglawe
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations. I will share your kind words with the Front Desk and Restaurant staff.

We continue to run specials on all of our room types through the end of the summer season.

When booking your next beach vacation, be sure to tell us that you are a repeating guest to receive a discount.

Have a great weekend,

Team La Playa
haines city
Reviewed 22 July 2011

On July 13 we took our 1st vacation in 2 yrs, me my hubby n 3 outta our 5 children. We had a wonderful encounter at the front desk with a wonderful young gentleman named John.We had a few issues with our room that evening. We spoke to Ms.Willie who is 1 of the most respectful, courteous young woman we have dealt with in quite some time. This amazing woman showed and expressed her empathy, professionalism, AND PATIENCE in getting our issues resolved immediately. Ms.Willie went above and beyond to make our stay the most pleasureable and unforgettable one we had in a long time, AND FOR THAT WE R SO TRULY GRATEFUL & THANKFUL!! She is truly an asset to " LaPlaya" AND BECAUSE OF HER N THE GREAT SERVICE THAT SHE EXPRESSED TO US WE WILL DEFINITELY RETURN!!... I am very much aware that a high level of professionalism is expected when dealing with clients BUT BELIEVE ME SO WHEN I TELL YOU SHE WENT ABOVE "N " BEYOND !!!!!! She even checked on us the next day to make sure everything was satisfactory that we were happy.. n we were. me my family use to travel a lot but know we work so much that what little time we get together we try to make the best out of it n Ms.Willie contributed to my familys happiness n that is PRICELESS!!!! We were there a whole week n it was AWESOME!!!! definitely will recomend to family n friends!!!
THANK YOU LAPLAYA FOR HAVING HER N THANK YOU MS. WILLIE FOR BEING YOU !!!! If u need to reach me the number is [--] nothin to hide everythin was great.!!!!
THANK YOU !!!!! The DeVito Family
Thank u for ur wonderful staff keep up the good work!!

Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I must admit that I was very nervous after I booked my vacation because of the reviews that I read online but after getting to the hotel and having a great time I have learned a new lesson that you shouldnt always believe what u read. I first arrived at the hotel to check in and the lobby was FULL of people checking in (which is a good sign in it self). The desk clerks were going as fast as they could, it didnt help that the guest that were checking in had all the questions in the world!!! It was finally my turn to check in, the young lady Jackie was still very friendly and helpful even though the people before me had 3 rooms and had about a million questions she still had some happiness for me. My checkin was very simple a few papers to sign, got my keys and parking pass and I was on my way. I had a oceanfront room which was great. I had a wonderful view of the beach, the pool and yeah yeah the Tiki Bar. Before I even unpacked I headed to the Tiki Bar. It was also packed down there but again to my surprise was another cheerful employee Kara. In my opinion she is the best bartender and makes a awesome Long Island. Finally I made it back to my room and just in time to get ready for the comedy show that they have on property. This was a wonderful weekend and I will be back more and more. Thanks to all the staff.

2 Thank dcarter15
GeneralManager36, Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear Guest,
I am glad to hear we were able to meet your expectations during your weekend stay with us. I do apologize for the reservation mix up, but happy we were able to handle it accordingly.

Cell phone use by staff is prohibited during working hours. I will revisit this policy with the entire staff to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you for your review. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the LaPlaya Team.

Have a great weekend.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Daytona Beach Resort and Confere...
#23 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Atlantic Cove
Atlantic Cove
#20 of 28 in Ormond Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach ...
#13 of 103 in Daytona Beach
Grand Seas Resort
Grand Seas Resort
#55 of 103 in Daytona Beach
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,244 reviews

Been to La Playa Resorts & Suites? Share your experiences!