“My New Favorite on the beach (Local resident)”

La Playa Resorts & Suites
Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I live local and often will spend a few days beachside...this was my first time at LaPlaya but will not be the last. After years at another resort further south in Daytona Beach we gave it a try and I am so glad we did. The rooms were very clean. The staff was absolutely the BEST I have encountered at ANY resort all over the world. John at the front desk was PHENOMINAL! THe pool area has plenty of chairs and quite a few tables with umbrellas. THe Tiki Bar was reasonably priced and the staff was great. Just a few steps away... the beach and it is part of the "drive on" beach BUT the traffic in this particular area is not as heavy as it is further south on the beach.
THis is not a 5 star resort....but if you are looking for a clean place, reasonably priced with attentive staff then this is a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Rooms ending with 01-06 are on the South end of the building and away from the pool so quieter
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a great review of your stay here at the La Playa Resort. I am happy that you gave us a chance to accommodate you. I am pleased to hear that you will be staying with us again in the near future. Thank you for such kind remarks about the staff, especially the one about John.

You are right! One of our biggest draws is our pool deck and tiki bar area. I can not think of anything better than a weekend getaway on the beach with music and a beverage… Be sure to check out our Bonkerz Comedy Club next time you stay with us. It’s a blast!!!

Team LaPlaya

Reviewed 10 August 2011

Hotel was great. It was right on the beach and had a great pool deck with a tiki bar. Chrissie was an awesome bartender and very helpful while looking for local attractions. I enjoyed the location of the hotel but it is a good three miles to the boardwalk. However the walk was shortened with one of Chrissie's awesome drinks in hand. Recommend the Vodka cup!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy you enjoyed our pool deck and tiki bar. I will be sure to share this review with Chrissie and the rest of the staff. Have a great weekend. Come see us again soon.

Team LaPlaya

Reviewed 7 August 2011

When we got to check in it was very busy. There is a beautiful lobby and plenty of seating for the kids. They were able to plug in their gaming systems and relax while I waited to check in. The staff were accommodating and answered all my questions, as I had lots being a single mom on vacation with my 2 youngsters. We were thrilled to walk into our suite and see the heart shaped swan towels on our beds. The view is breath-taking, right on the beach! The rooms are not brand new, however our suite was clean and tidy. My expectation when I vacation is to spend plenty of time sight seeing, not indoors. I enjoyed relaxing on the balcony. We were on a strict budget for this trip, so it worked out perfectly to have Publix right across the street. We did our groceries and were able to prepare and cook all our meals in the suite. The rest of our time was spent in the indoor and outdoor pool, and on the beach. We traveled to the Mall and checked out the speedway. Daytona has a beautiful library with a large play room that the kids enjoyed. I would certainly go again!

Room Tip: Ask for the beach view on a higher level floor.
Reviewed 3 August 2011

LaPlaya is a wonderful , exciting , clean, and so friendly hotel to experience!! Maid service and all ammenties are grade A+. I have stayed at LaPlaya since it was built and now with all new up-grades don't worry I will stay again and again!! Was there 2 and half weeks and going back in October for another Week. Enjoy and stay for a most relaxing stay!!
JBrown
Bristol TN

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Willie and Jackie at the front desk were the most helpful, outgoing, and fun hotel staff members we've ever experienced. They helped us a lot and they were fun, while being professional. I hope every hotel staff member that i will ever encounter will be as great as them. A+ on this hotel/staff.

Room Tip: Try and get the 9th floor. Room 921 is the most convienent
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2011

Dear Guest,

I am ecstatic over the great comments you had for the front desk staff. I will be sure to share the review with Willie and Jackie this weekend. Outstanding Guest Service is our goal, and I am happy we did such a great job taking care of you during your stay.

Have a great weekend,

Team La Playa

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Stayed here with my family July 18-23 and loved it. It's no Sandals, but for the money, it's great! The desk staff was awesome, and the restaurant staff was excellent. If you are looking for a beach vacation on a budget, this place is perfect. I WILL be back!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront suites are the best!
1  Thank mdglawe

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations. I will share your kind words with the Front Desk and Restaurant staff.

We continue to run specials on all of our room types through the end of the summer season.

When booking your next beach vacation, be sure to tell us that you are a repeating guest to receive a discount.

Have a great weekend,

Team La Playa

Reviewed 22 July 2011

On July 13 we took our 1st vacation in 2 yrs, me my hubby n 3 outta our 5 children. We had a wonderful encounter at the front desk with a wonderful young gentleman named John.We had a few issues with our room that evening. We spoke to Ms.Willie who is 1 of the most respectful, courteous young woman we have dealt with in quite some time. This amazing woman showed and expressed her empathy, professionalism, AND PATIENCE in getting our issues resolved immediately. Ms.Willie went above and beyond to make our stay the most pleasureable and unforgettable one we had in a long time, AND FOR THAT WE R SO TRULY GRATEFUL & THANKFUL!! She is truly an asset to " LaPlaya" AND BECAUSE OF HER N THE GREAT SERVICE THAT SHE EXPRESSED TO US WE WILL DEFINITELY RETURN!!... I am very much aware that a high level of professionalism is expected when dealing with clients BUT BELIEVE ME SO WHEN I TELL YOU SHE WENT ABOVE "N " BEYOND !!!!!! She even checked on us the next day to make sure everything was satisfactory that we were happy.. n we were. me my family use to travel a lot but know we work so much that what little time we get together we try to make the best out of it n Ms.Willie contributed to my familys happiness n that is PRICELESS!!!! We were there a whole week n it was AWESOME!!!! definitely will recomend to family n friends!!!
THANK YOU LAPLAYA FOR HAVING HER N THANK YOU MS. WILLIE FOR BEING YOU !!!! If u need to reach me the number is [--] nothin to hide everythin was great.!!!!
THANK YOU !!!!! The DeVito Family
Thank u for ur wonderful staff keep up the good work!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
#33 of 73 in Daytona Beach
Cove Motel Oceanfront
Cove Motel Oceanfront
#29 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to La Playa Resorts & Suites? Share your experiences!