“DISGUSTING HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #52 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“DISGUSTING HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Do not and I mean do not stay in this hotel, stay anywhere but here !!! I cannot believe that some reviewers actually said this was a nice hotel, I AM SHOCKED!! Where have they stayed and I could only imagine...well nevermind.. On our stay we left right after our Thanksgiving turkey dinner to head to Daytona for their annual Turkey Run which is a classic car show & we stayed at this hotel. I was hesitant after learning that this was the hotel we were booked in because I knew about this hotel from way back when I was 17 and stayed here on spring break (I'm 41 now). I remembered what we did to the room and that it was a complete party hotel and I mean that to its fullest extent and thought boy I hope they've made improvements along the way. I went online to look at the hotel and also read the reviews on this site. Some were great and others were horrible but after calling the hotel I was told they have completely renovated the hotel and we had the best room in the house. We were on the 7th floor in a suite equipt with a kitchen, murphy bed, and seperate bedroom. The second we walked in the hallway and onto the elevator I knew nothing had changed. The floors were cracked and you could tell the original paint was there but hiden by grime. The elvator floor made me check the last inspection date the second I entered. When we got to our floor at midnight I saw the old Jolousy windows and the musty heavy drapes and knew I was in trouble. The floor was completely covered in stains that you could tell they repeatedly tried to remove but its was past cleaning by about 20 years, the toilet paper roll was rusted and almost falling off, the lock on the door had so many screws it in most of which werent doing anything for the lock they were just too lazy to take them out as new locks were installed. The dishes in the kitchen were filthy... I could go on and on.. Its was the most disgusting hotel I have ever every stayed in. Since everything was booked for turkey run we had no choice but to stay. Thank god we brought pillows and blankets for our kids on the car ride up as I would have never put my head or body on that bed. I wore socks constantly and flip flops and checked for bed bugs. I laid the comfortor which was gross over the floor so at least I could think it was somewhat cleaner.. The balcony had rebar sticking out and just seemed unsafe to even be on. Yes the staff was nice but that doesnt make for a clean safe hotel...are you kidding. Dont make the mistake I did in assuming the complaints were old or believing they have remodeled they havent and I am suprised we dont have scabies or head lice...it was beyond disgusting.

Room Tip: Dont choose any room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Frequenttravelerof40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Hilliard, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for Turkey Rod Run 2011. The location is PERFECT!! As far as the hotel it's self...NEEDS A MAJOR OVERHAUL!!! The hotel needs a good scrubbing on the outside and could use better lighting in the hallways. The elevators were slow. We ended up taking the stairwell a majority of the time, which we found the levels were not marked so it made it difficult to know which level you were on. The rooms were dated and need a MAJOR makeover. The carpet in our room had holes and was coming up around the door ways. The doors were hard to open from the outside. Luckily for me my boyfriend is a big strong guy or we would not been able to access our beach balcony due to the fact we could not open the balcony door. We stayed 2 nights and not once received a free "complimentary" newspaper. The breakfast bar they were charging $10.95 for was nothing more than what you get at a "free continetal breakfast". The staff was very friendly but the hotel its self is a dump. Would we stay here again...PROBABLY NOT!!! The price you pay for a room you would think it would be of better quality.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tracie H
GeneralManager36, Guest Relations Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to share it. We understand that you ran into a few maintenance/building issues during your stay. We noticed that you mentioned there were signs missing on the stairwell doors. This has been brought to our attention, as those signs were apparently ripped down. We have ordered new ones and our maintenance team will take care of that issue when we receive the new signs. We have also noticed that you were very pleased with our guest services and we do our best to take care of our guests. The staff service that is provided is something that is very important to us and when the guests are pleased we are overjoyed. Thank you very much again for staying with us and we do hope you will consider us in the future.

Reviewed 26 November 2011

Chrissy, kara and kristen made me feel so at home. I cannot imagine staying any where else......

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank vsandow
Maryville, Illinois
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Stayed here several times over the years. Close to many places to have fun at. The resort itself has a comedy club which is great, ocean front pool and bar which is fun and a safe atmosphere for the family. Staff was helpful and special thanks to Chrissy who we met at the tiki bar and comedy club. For the price this is a good time while in Daytona area.

Room Tip: Get a beach front room which has a balcony for a great experience watching sunrises and sunsets over...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for visiting our hotel and staying with us. Your kind words are very important to our team and we thank you for them. Chrissy, who you mentioned in your review, is one of our best employees and we have passed your kind words onto her. Hope to see you again in the future! Have a great day!

Florahome
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This Is A Wonderful Hotel..The Staff Were All Wonderful...The Hotel Is Maintained In A Very Good Way..I Had No Complaint's At All..We Even Extended Our Stay For A Extra 2 Day's For A Car Show & Had A Wonderful time. Thank You To The Staf Of This Hotel For Helping Us Enjoy Our Stay To The Best Extreme As Possible..I Highly Reccommend People To Choose This Hotel When Visiting The Area.

Room Tip: We Were On The 5Th Floor Ocean Front Room With A Full Kitchen In It Including A Stove, Micro, Large...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dnolan45
GeneralManager36, Guest Relations Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Guest:

We would like to start out by saying thank you very much for staying at La Playa Resort. You have left us elated with this wonderful review and we cannot thank you enough for your kind words. When ever a guest shares their story with us it really leaves an impact on Team La Playa. We hope to see you and your family again in the future. Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review!

Johnstown
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Again for the 4th year we had a wonderful stay. Nice pool and easy access to the beach. My wife loved the Tikki Bar. Staff very friendly. Good value. Will be back in 2012 for Biketoberfest and stay here for the week.

Room Tip: Always ask for beachfront w/kitchenette
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jdbiker
GeneralManager36, General Manager at La Playa Resorts & Suites, responded to this review, 9 November 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for visiting us and staying at our property. Having repeat guests is really important to our hotel and we enjoy being able to see familiar faces again. When making a reservation in the future, please reference the fact that you have stayed with us before because you may be eligible for special repeat guest rates. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for the kind review!

Boca Raton, Florida, USA
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I just got back from Biketoberfest Daytona 2011 and stayed three nights at La Playa. I love the hotel, the staff were friendly and young, greeting us when we arrived. Big banners were strung outside "Welcome Bikers".. plenty of covered bike parking, no cars in the way... My room had a gorgeous ocean view balcony, right over the pool. The pool and Tiki bar were open and the party went on all weekend, Chrissie at the Tiki bar made strong drinks and chatted w everyone. My room was clean, if old, bed was soft, slept real good, room was large by today's hotel standards w kitchenette, but did I mention the view!! Wow the ocean was so close and the view 180 degrees of sea. I could hear the waves on the beach at night, as is always true with resorts, location, location, location, there is a Starbucks across the street and Dennys and many other restaurants within walking distance. All in All I really enjoyed my stay at La Playa.

Room Tip: Take the ocean front suite w kitchen, very large and great view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BocaGuru
It is a breath of fresh air when a guest really takes the time to go into detail about their stay at our hotel. The fact that you mentioned the banners strung outside gives us great satisfaction in knowing they were recognized by a guest and made the guest feel good. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and utilized some of our on site amenities like the Tiki Bar. We thank you very much for staying with us and we are delighted you had a great time! Please come visit us again in the future! We look forward to seeing you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
#11 of 73 in Daytona Beach
Grand Seas Resort
Grand Seas Resort
#33 of 73 in Daytona Beach

Been to La Playa Resorts & Suites? Share your experiences!