I traveled this past weekend from NC to Daytona, about a nine hour drive. When I arrived parking wasn't really an issue. My room smelled very strongly of beach and sweat, which I guess may be typical of hotels on the beach. My room was described as "ocean front", although, I could barely make out the ocean from the first floor being right beside the pool/bar area with a million people outside and loud music playing. When I returned to the hotel at about 12:30 that night, there was not a single parking space in the covered area or in the ten spots on the other side of the hotel. I was instructed to park my car in a "construction area" and had to walk a ways to my room. This wouldn't normally concern me except for the fact that I was by myself in a relatively unknown area, late at night. They obviously don't have enough parking for guests. I went to take a shower and found a roach crawling along the bathroom floor. It was kind of gross and made it a little hard to sleep that night. I'm not sure why the bar was closed at 10 as another reviewer said, but there were people outside my room screaming and carrying on until about 3:30 in the morning. Thankfully I only had to stay here one night - they should probably take the word "resort" out of the name of their property, or do some serious overhaul.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and TravelUp so you can book your La Playa Resorts & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laplaya Resort Daytona Beach
- Laplaya Hotel Daytona Beach
- La Playa Resort Daytona Beach
- La Playa Daytona Beach
- La Playa Resorts & Suites Daytona Beach, Florida