“Good place good location”
Review of Hawaiian Inn

Hawaiian Inn
Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Good place good location”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We stay here most of our trips to Daytona. We like the fact that is has an indoor and outdoor pool. We also like that it is located on the part of the beach you can drive on. The pool bar is nice but it does not stay open long enough. We have never done the dinner show so I can't say anything about that. They have been remodeling which it's making it look so much better but there is still some improvements that could be made to the inside of the rooms. In the peek season the pool area can get a little roudy but all and all a pretty good place to stay. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank JLT5969
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for your review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, once again. We’re glad you could take advantage of our onsite amenities as well as our easy access to the beach. You’ll have to join us for the dinner show next time! You’ll love it. Thanks again for your feedback. We hope to see you soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2013

After doing a lot of research on hotels in Daytona Beach I decided to book this one. We were skeptical because we read some bad reviews before we left but continued on with an 18 hour drive. Upon arriving at the hotel, were were 4 hours early for check in. They had our room ready within 1/2 hour of arriving. We were so surprised!!! The room was 340...King Bedroom with a separate area and a full kitchen! We can't say enough good things! It's not a 5 star but the service is!!! Any issues that we had were resolved quickly and without incident! We will definitely book this hotel again! The staff is friendly and the hotel is great!

Room Tip: Room 340 was fabulous!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Thank you for sharing. We are pleased that you enjoyed your Easter vacation with us! We are delighted that you enjoyed your room and our accommodating team members. We hope to see you again in the near future!
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Out stay at Hawaiian Inn was bittersweet. My husband, sister and brother-in-law and I had gone to Miami Heat game and we bought some souvenirs. When we arrived in Daytona I took the bag of souvenirs in our room for safekeeping. We stayed in room 103. My sister and her husband stayed in 104.

When we checked out, I was packing our things and I noticed my bag of souvenirs was missing. I checked the room thoroughly and my husband checked our vehicle. We never found them. I went to the front desk to report it. They took me in a room to talk to the manager. When I told him what had happened he more or less insisted that we left our door open at some point and tried to make it sound like it was my fault. He told me that if housekeeping thought it was garbage when they cleaned the room and threw the bag away then housekeeping was not guilty of anything. The souvenirs were in a new Miami Heat bag with two basketballs, a t-shirt, and two foam fingers sticking out the top of the bag. The manager said that didn’t matter, they still could have thought it was garbage.

He was very unreasonable and only wanted to resolve the problem by blaming me. He told me I could file a police report. I told him I would like to do so. The police came and he, my husband and I went to our room, room 103. While my husband and I were filling out the report the policeman left the room for about five minutes. When he returned he told us he wanted to check out the surveillance cameras but the motel didn’t have surveillance on rooms 101 through 105. I know I will never get my souvenirs back. Just please, if anyone is considering staying at Hawaiian Inn, don’t stay in room 101-105. If you have anything taken from your room it will definitely be your fault according to the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Garry E
Thank you for sharing your experience. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for further review.
Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This place is an absolute dump. I honestly feel they cater to given up on life crowd. Rooms are horrible, smell like smoke. Outdated furniture, shower is either cold or scalding hot. Only time got linen service was after I complained on third day. This hotel needs to be torn down. Do yourself a favor and stay some where, any where else!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank jallen370
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We apologize that your stay at Hawaiian Inn did not exceed your expectations. We value your feedback, as we continually strive to improve.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night as a family. If you're not expecting five star and will settle for the basics, it's not a bad place. The rooms were clean, good view of ocean, DJ at the pool, which was cold but clear. Heated pool appears to be a whirlpool that had seen better days. The staff was friendly, many security guards visible. The bartender was the best and most friendly, helping get food from grill for my children. On the downside the elevator near our room was sketchy, the hallways were musty and they had sprayed tropical air freshener to try and cover the odor (*eww*). But at least they tried and seemed to be making an effort with an aging building. I was surprised that Daytona Beach was so quiet at Spring Break. Not a bad overnight, I don't think I would stay there more than three days. Oh, our room had a kitchenette, we didn't really use it, could have been nice for a longer stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your interactions with our accommodating team members. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again in the future.
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Good luau show. Great pool & outdoor bar & grill. Ice machines were always full. Our cleaning lady did a super job everyday. The elevators are slow. The internet access gave me connection problems & I had something important to get done so that was disappointing. The towels are thin & felt like sandpaper but overall I would stay here again. We had a great vacation!

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you enjoyed the luau show and our beautiful outdoor area. We value your comments regarding your stay and look forward to welcoming you back for a future visit!
Williston
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Checked in on Friday 3/22/2013 when we walked into the it was nothing like what was on the internet that I booked on this hotel own website. Me and my husband went back down stairs and complained to the front desk was told that the rooms are owned by different owners and the hotel rents them out advised then what is the rooms we are looking at on the internet advised those are rooms but not the room we have. I told the front desk I was told there was a kitchette and all I have is a sink Mircowave and small frig. No table or chairs in the room just two double beds an night stand that looks like it had seen better days a chest of drawers with the TV setting on top of it and dresser. Was told by the front desk they could refund money and we could go elsewhere!!!! It was springbreak where are we going to go?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank debbie h
Mairead N, Guest Relations Manager at Hawaiian Inn, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we did not exceed your expectations on your recent stay. However, we appreciate your feedback and will pass your comments on to our management team. Thanks again.