“Deplorable and Unsafe”

Ranked #69 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Deplorable and Unsafe”
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was an absolutely horrendous vacation. The AC never worked, even after three days of asking the front desk to fix it. The bathroom had mildew, rust and slime on the walls and floor. The room smelled musty, which over the course of sever days, made ALL of our clothes smell. The second night, the fire alarm began beeping. Several hours after complaining, they disconnected and removed the fire alarm. Had to go purchase toilet paper from the grocery store, after asking housekeeping for more, and never receiving
any. They made sure to tell us we had to request pool towels - which they never had available. (we could never seem to get clean towels for showering,
either) So much more was wrong. please do NOT book a room here. Worst first family vacation ever.

• Stayed June 2014
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and contact me concerning your stay. Most of our reviews are positive, so we are very disappointed when we read reviews such as this. As discussed in our phone conversation, I am addressing these issues with my staff and hopefully I have given satisfaction where I could. As always we continue to upgrade our hotel, and will 40 rooms of new carpet installed by month end. Again I am very sorry for your inconvenience, and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Randy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
welsey chapel, United States
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Last minute getaway with the family, everyone was friendly and helpful. Type of place you cant walk by someone without them asking if they can help you. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, great beach access with a sandbar just off the beach, close to great resturants and the LPGA golf course was fantastic. Will stay here again. Great for family fun.

Room Tip: stayed beachfront, keep the balcony door open to hear waves at night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your excellent review of the Acapulco Hotel and Resort. We do feel we are very family friendly, and do our best to be the best hotel in Daytona Beach. I am glad you found our hotel to the a "Great Place for a family vacation". We look forward to serving you again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just had to say how great the staff is in this hotel!! First I Made this Reservation last Min, And expected to have trouble but Tyler at the front desk was the best !!!!!!!!!and Really helped with my reservation ,,, Then when I got in on the 5th of june I was early and had drove about 18 hours and was so tired,,But Tabitha who checked me in got housekeeping to get on the room early so that I could get in a bit early too , Tabitha and Tyler , should definitly get a few (that a boys LOL),,just kiddn but they were great ,,, Also wanted to say Maintiance seemed to be great in this hotel too had 2 lil issues they took care of right away,,, Thanks to Nelson the maintanence Man ,, Again I had A great stay good food good pool good people what more could you want THANKS AGAIN RANDY . G

Room Tip: Love the top floor lookn over ocean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Randy G
631Associates631, General Manager at Acapulco Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
"Best Service Ever!" What a great review!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am sure Tyler and Tabitha will be happy to hear that they were mentioned, as well as Nelson. We do have a wonderful staff, and we strive to be the best hotel possible. It is guests such as you, that make this more than a job for all of us.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you, like me, don't care for the large expansive resorts with their maze-like hallways and crowded beaches, than Acapulco is for you. Everyone was so personable and friendly! We had the romance package for my birthday and everyone knew and I got so many birthday wishes from the staff! The romance package included champagne (pre-chilled in the room), chocolate covered strawberries, and breakfast in the morning (made specially by Chef Nicole), which was all fabulous! Eileen and Tabitha at the front desk were ridiculously helpful and sweet. Needless to say, I will definitely be back! :)

• Stayed June 2014
What a pleasure it was to read the review you wrote for the Acapulco Hotel and Resort! I am always happy to read about specific staff members that were especially helpful. I assure you I will inform them of your kind words. We are a quaint small resort directly on the beach, and pride ourselves in giving great service. Thank you again for your review and we welcome you back anytime.

Haines City, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I and another couple just walked in to see if they had any rooms. We met a lady by the name of Tabitha working at the desk. She went over and above to help us. I want to say she was the most helpfull and nicesest desk person I have ever met. We rented two rooms that had ocean veiw they were great and our stay was great but I will tell you Tabitha really was a great person she all ways was there to help with anything you needed. She was what made our stay so great. We will be back there soon. They had a great pool. hot tub and you could want right out to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
It was great reading your review of the Acapulco Hotel and Resort. I agree that Tabitha is not only an excellent Front Desk Associate, but also an excellent person. She always goes above and beyond and is truly an asset to our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this location for a night. The location is great with lots of restaurants in the area. The hotel itself was ok, our sliding glass door was broken and the bulb on our lamp was burnt out. The hotel itself is a little dated. The views were amazing. Getting to sleep, hearing the ocean waves was wonderful. Getting to wake up and see the sunrise was breath taking.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure reading your review of the Acapulco Hotel and Resort. We strive to be the best hotel possible, and it is reviews like this that help us get there. I apologize for the issue with the balcony door and the lamp, but I assure you I will speak with my team and correct these issues promptly. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Conyers, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is my second time in Daytona Beach in a 9 month period. This hotel was nice has a great view of the beach, pool was nice and clean and so was the hotel. The only issue was the parking. Other than that my family and I were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank for your review of the Acapulco Hotel and Resort. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.