“Don't Understand the Rave Reviews?”

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
New Jersey
“Don't Understand the Rave Reviews?”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Booked this hotel for one night at appx $200. Based on the TA reviews I thought it might be worth it. Wrong. Staff was friendly and responsive but the hotel is in need of renovation. One of the two Elevators did not work. All the Parking Lot lights were out which was concerning bc the rear of the bldg (parking lot, pool and rear entrance) was extremely dark. Rooms were ok but worn and old. If in the area again, I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank d75angel
SandyEllis, General Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 April 2011
Unfortunately, this guest did not experience the high standards we normally maintain. We have been waiting for a part from our elevator maintenance company, and apologize for the inconvenience caused by only having one elevator. Our team is frustrated by this situation as well! I am happy to report that we are in the process of installing new lights in our parking area. Maintaining a beachfront property is a constant challenge, and we strive to keep everything in good repair. We take our guest complaints (and compliments) very seriously, and will take measures to correct our issues. We sincerely hope you will visit us again and give us another opportunity to serve you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Arkansas
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Oceanfront property with a wonderful and caring staff. Everyone that I came in contact with there inquired how my trip was going and if there was anything else they could do for me. I stayed with my 3 kids and everyone was great. From the time I stepped in until I left I felt catered to. The rooms were clean and comfortable with lots of room. Being an oceanfront property it was kept clean from sand. The views from the side blaconies were phenomenal. Elevators were not slow as some are. The morning breakfast was as other Hampton Inns, very nice. If travelling with children or just adults, this place is on the top of my list - and we stay at hotels 30 or so nights a year.

Room Tip: Use AA for a discount
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank melodyebay
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Stayed at the hotel during Daytona Bike Week 2011. Nice rooms, big screen TV & included breakfast. Was able to swim laps in Pool. Staff was courteous and professional. Not a 4 star hotel, but not intended to be. Fitness center was sparse - only a treadmill, bike and eliptical - nothing else. Oveall, I would recommend wholeheartedly.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
East Liverpool, Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We stayed here for three nights while viisting friends in Daytona Beach. The hotel was in a great location with a perfect view of the ocean. Everything was very clean and well maintained. We had a problem with the internet not working in our room. We had to go to the lounge for the internet to work. There were others there that had the same problem. When we inquired at the desk about the connection, they suggested it was our computer and gave us a wireless kit that did not work either. In addition we also found the two queen bed room to be cramped and the breakfast to be rather ordinary. Overall, I would rate this hotel as very good and would probably stay ther again.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ohioman_11
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2011

seeing hotel after hotel I wondered what awaited me at the Hampton Inn Daytona Shores.
From the minute I walked in I was treated llike I was a long time highly valued customer (this was my first visit). The room, overlooking the ocean was immaculate, comfortable and modern. Everythign I needed (internet, exta towels ironing board) was all there. Breakfast was perfect. What stike me the most was how clean no spotless the hotel was and how warm freindly and genuine the people who work there were. There is absolutley no quesitn I would stay there again and recommend it to all

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank gorej
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hampton. The oceanfront room with balcony, the pristine beach, the proximity to nature areas and tourist attractions, all combined to make it a very enjoyable weekend. I would change nothing about the hotel or its staff. Great job!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Winter Garden, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend getaway. Received excellent service from everyone. Hotel was very clean and rooms are large. Loved the cookies at night for my little one. Excellent and tasty breakfast. The hotel has a great view; perfect for sitting by the pool for breakfast or afternoon relaxation!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family