“The beach girls are awesome!!!!”

Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Ranked #8 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“The beach girls are awesome!!!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

The Hampton is always top notch but for the past two years we have fallen in love with Nicole and Mandy on the beach. They rent the beach chairs and umbrellas and really just made our experience. Everything was set up by 8 am and picked up by 5pm. And the best part is they did all that hard work with a smile at the same time they were on their laptops teaching students!!! Nicole even brought index cards to help my son with his multiplication facts! i seriousy want these two to be my kids' teachers!!! Between Sandy and the hotel and the girls on the beach... Another hotel will never be an option for us!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Let me start by stating that I have worked in hospitality for 16 years of which more than 10 years I have been a loyal Hilton employee/manager. I work 7 overnights a week at 2 Hilton Hotels in downtown Chicago as a night manager/auditor. I am very proud of both of the hotels that I work at and have been employee of the month several times and also employee of the year. I know that I am amazing.
Now onto some horrible customer service...
I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights with the Hampton Daytona Shores back in August 2012 for my stay in July 2013. Let me say that this is only 1 hotel out of 5 hotels that my mother and I had booked for out 12 day trip from Chicago to Florida (of which 4 were Hamptons and the other was in the Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort.) I wanted to extend my stay from 2 nights to 4 nights and they told me no. I even emailed the GM Sandy and she said No as well, which is understandable because of the alloted employee rooms that are available so we booked in Jacksonville for the 2 nights instead. I called a few weeks before my arrival to request a oceanfront if available being that it was my children's 1st time at a beach/at the ocean. Malisha said she would see what she could do until I gave her my conf. # and she saw that I was a Hilton employee paying the employee rate. She then said "Oh, you're just an employee so you get an employee room." I said to her "Excuse me? Just an employee? and What is an 'Employee room?" An employee rate is a benefit that WE EARN as employees. I called and spoke to another lady the next day and she said I could call the day of to see if it was available.
So, now we are going on our trip and on our way to the hotel. I get a call from my hotel that I work at in Chicago that Hampton Inn Daytona Shores (Donna) was called stating they were going to cancel my res. if I didn't call them with a credit card to pay for the 1st night. In EVERY discussion I had with this hotel I ALWAYS referred to my 2 rooms reserved, even in an email to the GM in April. I wanted my rooms to be connecting or even close together. I called with my credit card to make the payment they were requesting so that my rooms would not be cancelled and they told me that I only had 1 room reserved. I was in shock that this was happening, but we headed on our way to the hotel anyways. When we arrived Heather (who was looked unproffesional- shirt untucked, wrinkled and just an overall dirty looking individual) was very rude to me and told me that I only had 1 room reserved and gave me an attitude and truly acted like she couldn't care less. We were a group of 7 people...my parents, husband, and my 3 kids (10,7, and 5.) My parents were going to get a hotel down the street due to this and I (still having 5 people) needed a rollaway, which they charged me $20 for. We checked in and my mother paid the Rm, Tax, deposit, and $20 for the rollaway. I asked Heather, "Doesn't your hotel care about your guests?" and even mentioned Tripadvisor reviews. We went to the parking lot to load our cart with A LOT of luggage. As I am going through the doors and passing the desk Heather calls me over and tells me the the GM wanted to speak to me. I expected an apology, but instead she asked us to leave the hotel! She says that I am only suppose to have 1 person in the room and that I am trying to have 7 (not true) and also because I mentioned Tripadvisor we had to leave. She also said she was going to call my GM in Chicago...I told her, "Please do, he already knows what's going on."
Well, everything happens for a reason in the end. I called my awesome boss in Chicago and he booked me 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Hampton Daytona Speedway at my employee rate. It was a much nicer hotel with a friendly staff and ended up being a wonderful stay. Becky, the GM at the Hampton Daytona Speedway even apologized for how horrible Daytona Shores treated us and upgraded 1 of my rooms- which I gave to my parents since they had to go through all of this trouble. It was only 10-15 min from the ocean/beach and we were so much better off.
The Hampton Daytona Shores was a dump- old, moldy, smelled AND it was under construction. It looks NOTHING like the pictures on here. Premium location, but a horrible hotel, with terrible customer service from very rude people that only can say "We are a premium location!" Thanks for the memory...my children tell people how we were thrown out of a hotel on our trip and ended up somewhere better!

9 Thank Denise0519
SandyEllis, General Manager at Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Unfortunately, there are several factors in this situation that have not been mentioned. Our entire staff tries to make our guests happy (whether they are hotel employees or not). Although we are in the process of updating our lobby, we strive to overcome any inconveniences. We're sorry you were not able to stay with us and experience this, but glad to hear you were treated well at a sister property.
Kathleen, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We were not made aware of construction in progress. it was not notated on website when reservations were made. Room décor is dated and in need of upgrade especially when compared to any other Hampton Inn!

3 Thank David M
AshleyMacLean, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 19 December 2016
David M,

Please accept our sincere apologies for any hassle and frustration our previous renovations have caused you. We strived to make every guest aware of any construction that was occurring during their stay and make a note of these events on our website. We are sorry our previous improvements disrupted your stay and hope you will return to see us now that we have completed our renovation so you may see the result of all our hard work.

Ashley MacLean
Ashley.MacLean@Hilton.com
LIsle, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This was our second year staying at the this hotel. We love the location and hotel was immaculate. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very compfortable. We were right on the beach and the view from our room was incredible. The breakfast was good and it was always well stocked. Love the waffles! I highly recommend this Hampton!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stay at this Hampton at DBS every year. Sandy (General Manager) and her team do a cook-out, DJ, etc. every Saturday during the summer. It is a great time. They grill burgers, hot dogs, beer, rum punch, jello shots, dance contest for all, singing, etc. All the guests participate. It is such a great time, makes you want to stay for two Saturdays! The staff is very friendly. Breakfast every morning is free & good. Love the free apples and cookies. We will be back!

Room Tip: Go for a ocean-front room.