“Beach Vacation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Beach Vacation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

The pictures that are online are VERY misleading as to what the hotel looks like. However, It was still a nice place to stay and close to the places my family and I usually enjoy visiting. I would stay again, prepared this time for what to expect.

Room Tip: Although, I did not book an ocean-view room, we were still able to look out our window and see the o...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Lauren W,
Thank you for staying with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The photos we have online are current and accurately display what our property looks like. Guest happiness is our number one priority, so we do everything we can to give each guest a special experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Randy Goodell - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Jacksonville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We are "ON THE BEACH". Great location with terrific front desk personnel.
My mother in laws room was facing directly to the beach. This was her 1st stay at hotel where the beach was right there. Our room had beach view if you looked sideways, but still good.
The front desk associates set the mood for the complete stay by being professionally friendly and displayed excitement to be working there. The continential breakfast was good. Access to the sights was easy.
We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beach view is well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear E L,
Thank you very much for staying with us. I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope your mother-in-law enjoyed her view of the ocean every day! I'm also glad to hear our staff was able to take good care of you. We strive to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. Thank you again, we are looking forward to seeing you back in the future.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Purchased a bargain certificate for a weekend stay at Oceanside inn. After reading some of the negative reviews I was not sure if this would be a nice play for my family of 22 to stay. This was in celebration of my mom ( which she passed July 14,2012) . I was very pleased with our stay, the frond desk attendance ( I think her name was Tanya or Tasha) she displayed a great attitude and great customer service . There were staff members always cleaning and assisting guests with any needs. The Hotel was clean and comfortable to stay. The view is Great and we will make this an annual trip. This is the 1st time I have posted a review, I felt that I had to share due to some of the negative comments posted to the site. Jacksonville, Florida

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gail t
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Gail t,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Oceanside Inn and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm very happy to hear that you and your entire family enjoyed yourselves. I'm glad our staff made you feel welcome and did a good job taking care of you. We truly do strive to make sure each guest has a special experience and I'm glad we could do that for you. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff as I know they will appreciate it. Thank you again and we are looking forward to seeing you next year!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I had planned this trip for my boyfriend's birthday. I had booked him for a driving experience at the speedway so we needed somewhere somewhat close by. After comparing prices and amenities, I chose Oceanside. Reading the past reviews, I was a little apprehensive but I looked past them and booked the room anyway, and I am so glad I did! We very much enjoyed our beachfront view from the top floor. Our room was spacious, clean, and the microwave and mini-fridge came in handy. They also had unlimited DVD rentals in the lobby, perfect for winding down the day, and it had a better selection than some of the Redbox's I've been to. The only complaint we had was there didn't seem to be any accessible outlets for our phone chargers. He ended up unplugging a lamp and I used an outlet above the kitchenette. The walk to the boardwalk isn't bad, about 2 miles, and it goes by quickly if you walk along the beach (worth saving the $10 for parking if you drive down there). At the end of the trip we both wished we could have stayed longer:) we will definitely be returning to Oceanside Inn in the future. Worth every penny.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer L
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Jennifer L,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Oceanside Inn and for taking the time to give us your review. I'm extremely happy to hear you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the ocean views from your room. I hope your boyfriend had a great time with his Daytona Speedway driving experience! Thank you again for all your kind words, please come back and see us soon.

Davenport, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a great time. Nice tiki bar. Right on the beach. Rooms and beds comfortable and clean. Great time and reasonably priced. Staff was great. Great location. We spent two days as a getaway and had a great time. Missed the balcony but the landscaping and outdoor seating area was very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Suzanne M
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Suzanne M,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the tiki bar, our location on the beach and our friendly staff. We truly do strive to make sure each guest has a fantastic time. Please come back and see us soon!

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'm glad I booked the unit prior to reading reviews. My room was clean the staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel is 2 miles from the pier so if you want a nice quiet location this is your end of the beach. The tiki bar was open from noon and live music played Fri and Sun and a DJ was there Sat. The continental breakfast is as advertised, cereal and rolls. They have a dining area where you can purchase breakfast if you want something else. I feel that I got exactly what was advertised snd we really enjoyed our stay. View from tbe 9th floor is FANTASTIC!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Nancy B,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn! I'm thrilled to hear you had a great time and enjoyed your stay. I really appreciate your taking the time to give us your review. All feedback is extremely important to us. I'm glad you loved your 9th floor view! Nothing like waking up and looking out over the ocean. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Luneburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

We spent three days here and had a good time. The location is good, the staff is friendly, the hotel and rooms are clean. We were surprised of the roomsize, they are huge! The beach is good but a little bit dirty. It's nothing special about the hotel but it is good and for $80 per night it's even better!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MarvinFu
SunStreamResorts, General Manager at Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear MarvinFu,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Oceanside Inn. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us on Daytona Beach and liked the large size of our rooms. I'm also glad to hear our staff did a good job of serving you, we strive to make sure each guest has a memorable experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.