“Dirty Dirty Dirty”

Daytona Beach Club Oceanfront Inn
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 19 June 2007

For about $70 a night I wasn't really expecting a lot BUT this place was so dirty, gross, not even worth staying at for $70 a week. The balcony door would not lock leaving the room insecure so we had to take all valuables with us. The carpets were old and stained. Someone had squashed bugs on the walls and ceiling and they were still there when we checked in. We found an old dirty shirt with blood stains under one bed. The bathroom was dirty and gross. The pool was cloudy. Two small elevators that were so slow and also dirty. I don't think this place is ever cleaned at all. Avoid this place at any price.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank MyTravelTrips

Reviewed 3 June 2007

OK, This place was a disaster! The worste hotel i have ever stayed in. First of all, they overcharged us on hotels.com because on the sign outside it said they had 45 dollar room, when we paid 85 a night.
When we got there, they placed usin a smoking room, when we clearly said no smoking. Then we moved to a new room. It was so nasty, there were stains all over the walls, carpet, bed everything. I had to take like 5 showers a day just to feel the least bit clean. There was SO much noise because they were renivating the outside, THE OUTSIDE!!?!?!? what about the NASTY inside?
I mean, it was really really nasty. No blankets on the bed, and it STUNK! Like pee and smoke. Anyway, the front dest people are rude and annoying, and it is just nasty. Do not stay there. UH! SO GROSS! I think I got like 14 diseases from that place..

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank samanthaaa
Reviewed 24 May 2007

This place is a disaster..............bathroom door hinges so rusted that door couldn't be closed, wallpaper peeling off the walls, carpet unclean, furniture chipped. When we asked to be moved, the response was that they were completely booked up. They should have paid us to stay at this place.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank native834
Reviewed 24 February 2007

Stayed at the Beach Club in Early Jan and our stay was just great! Rooms were clean, and the Staff very helpful in locating places to eat and visit Will stay there again in July and looking forward to it Thanks again for a nice experience

Stayed: January 2007
2  Thank skip69
Reviewed 23 February 2007

My boyfriend and I are Northeastern Nascar fans and decided to take a trip to the Daytona 500!!! This is my first Daytona 500 and it is also the week of valentines day :)
We stayed from 02/13/07-02/19/07 and I was so dissapointed I cried the entire first night we were there. We had spent over 200.00 a night on this hotel and the pool was out of service, the hot tub was out of service and I was pratically allergic to my room. It was so miserable we tried to stay out of our room. I have never been so dissapointed.
Then the second night we are there we see on the hotel billboard outside rooms available for 99.00 a night! I am only 26 years old and last I checked I had not won the lotto so a savings of 109.00 dollars a night would have almost made this place worth it. This is not the place for couples and my boyfriend and I wish we would have never stayed here. It wasn't the absolutely worst I have ever stayed in but is in my top 3 for the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and I have done my share of traveling.
The hotel itself is extremely run down the hallways and doorhandles are disgustingly dirty. This hotel looks like a spring back factory not a 209.00 a night place to sleep. I don't know if it was the dust in our room or what but my boyfriend (who has never had allergies) and I were up half the night sneezing and miserable and wound up sleeping with the patio door open during the one time in FL when it was in the 30's!!!!
If I were you I would not stay here but that is just my opinion!
Meghan From CT

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 13 December 2006

We stayed two different times and enjoyed it.m All of u who gave it a 1 2 or 3 must have champaigne taste. We went for the beach and sight seeing. We stayed in two diffrent rooms and for the price was great!!! And the rooms we were in were clean. But we clean up after ourselves too. The club was having trouble with people that was staying there. They were putting their trash and Pizza boxes in the hallways. That might be where the roaches were going though we didn't see any. We are planning a return visit this summer! : )

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed 19 October 2006

I grew up in Florida and am familar with the climate and the tourist season.

I now live in Rochester, Minnesota were the average temperature this time of year is 32 degrees, need I say more..
I wanted to get away for an extended weekend for some low maintenance "RR". So I booked this hotel but was groaning after I read the travel advisory... expecting the worst.

But I got what I expected and was Very Satisfied... for these reasons:

This time of year the crowds are pleasantly non-existant
I didn't travel with small children which always makes vacationing a bit high maintenance all be it enjoyable.

The room # 618 was a bargain at 53.00 per night (3 nights) for 2 adults. It was clean but no frills. The room itself was an extended double bed kitchenette style room-perfect for 2 ladies on vacation. But certainly not suite size for small children. It was clean and orderly-No bugs or odors to be found. However the cleaning staff only changed towels daily. No bed change or vacuum.. but hey I don't do that everyday at home either. I would have been more obliged to tip the staff had those things been done.

The location of the hotel "right on the beach" is the best. If you wanted something quick to eat for breakfast or lunch the hotel had "mimi's cafe" which served easy breakfast or lunch with specials at 3.00 per meal and nothing that exceeded 5.00 was a steal. The dishes were simple and yummy what I would expect at home.

Things that will make your stay comfortable:
Off season: lots of city construction and building maintenance going on. I always travel with ear plugs and an extra blanket. For this trip these were life savers. Our room cornered the busy street and beachview. There was no hotel hall noise but the street was pretty busy (earplugs work great for restful nights).
For some reason the rooms had no blankets, I typically bring my own with me so that wasn't a problem either.

Pool side was noisey because the hotel was redoing the balconies, strange seeing the ocean but not being able to hear it. Fix: rent the lawn chairs and umbrella rentals on the beach (already set up by rental company literally two steps from the pool) at 20.00 all day it's worth every penny.

If your disappointed with the boring off season night life drive to St. Augustine (40 minute drive) and enjoy the drink and music of one of the oldest historical cities in the U.S.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Minnestoasnowbird