“Lovely resort and helpful staff”

The Shores Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Newark, Delaware
“Lovely resort and helpful staff”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Beautiful surroundings as I attended a yearly retreat at this hotel/resort. The food is always excellent as well as the staff. A server who always goes out of her way to meet my needs is Christy! She remembers me year after year and knows exactly what little extras I need!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Stayed here randomly after a wedding . Highly recommend this place. Had a great time!!! Great location, beautiful resort, very comfortable and spacious rooms. This is the nicest place I have ever stayed at in Daytona area. From this point on it will be the ONLY place I stay at. Nice job.... Thank you

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Staceydemian
Freehold
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Server christy whitsel went out of her way to find me green tea this morning. The food is wonderful. She and all the others are so helpful. Waking up to the sound of the ocean is great, sitting on the balcony even better.

• Stayed January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Spent three days and two nights at The Resort and Spa. My wife and I did the Couples Spa Extravaganza and did the New Year's Eve Rooftop Dinner and Dancing. Both activities were outstanding. We'll definitely return on other occasions.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms overlooking the Atlantic are well worth the upgrade
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was the first time staying at the Shores Resort & Spa and it definitely will not be the last time! From the moment we pulled up to the front to checkout, it was an incredible stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was huge with a king size bed, sleeper sofa and a magnificent few of the ocean. The bathroom was extra large with a shower that could hold at least 6 people, but a walk in closet. The best part is when you check in, they give you a smores kit where you can roast marshmallows by the fire pits! We are definitely going to stay here again on our next trip up to Daytona!!!!! This is a must place to stay!

Room Tip: King ocean front room!
1 Thank Roberta8821
Miami
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I came to Daytona for a USTA Tennis tournament and decided to try this hotel by the beach on the recommendation of a friend. I normally stay closer to the Speedway. I made my reservation on Hotels.com and the stay fee differed according to the night. The woman at the front desk was helpful, and they give you a S'Mores kit for the firepit near the pool, which is a nice touch. The lobby is nice, there is a bar and restaurant, pool and the ocean is right there. The actual hotel looks like it had been redone, but not too recently. Slate blue walls, a rust comforter and sea foam green painted bed frame and lamps, gives the decor a shabby chic meets nautical theme. A little run down, the yellow leather ottoman had marks on it, the desk chair had a stain and the burner for the coffee pot was rusty, so it was a little more shabby than chic. Breakfast is not included, but Wi-Fi is free. Parking is $17 a night for valet, $10 for self-park (which is right across the street). My room the tenth floor (1026) looked out on the parking lot, and beyond that the water, which was nice, however the last night there was a function on the floor above me and it sounded like a herd of elephants were stampeding, and then the music started. There was a tub, a comfy bed, a big TV, mini fridge, safe, iron, blow dryer and coffee maker, so those are pluses. My window was open and couldn't close, so I called downstairs and a guy came and fixed it right away. I ordered room service twice. The first night I had tomato soup and scallops with yellow split peas and coconut milk. It was very good (but a little salty), however there were only 2 scallops and the crackers that came with the soup were stale. The other night I ordered grouper and mac and cheese. It was a small piece of grouper and a small bowl of mac and cheese. It was OK, but not worth the $45 I paid for it. The other issue I had was the second night when I returned to my room, it hadn't been cleaned. I called the operator who told me the housekeepers "only clean every other day". Huh? In a resort? She offered to have someone come and clean but it was 7 pm and I just wanted to relax. Overall, this isn't the top of the line pampered experience and accomodations I would expect from a resort. The staff was nice, but I wouldn't say they went out of there way to help me. For example, when I mentioned the noise above my room, the girl at the front desk said I could have called about it to complain and to not clean a room in a resort is ridiculous. I didn't visit the fitness room or pool.

Room Tip: Don't get 1026 on the weekend, as it is noisy with functions happening in the floor above. Maybe...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Glee47
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Our room was not as expected, we had booked a ocean view but what we got was overlooking the hotels ventilation and air conditioner units, the ocean was hard to see!! If we had stayed another night I would have asked to move!! The breakfast buffet was excellent, expensive, but reall great selection, We will go back, but will check the room before we unpack!! The rooms really need new carpet!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you request an ocean view room on north side of building, or upgrade to ocean front room...
1 Thank Arlingto