“Wish I could rate it -5 ( Vacation Nightmare ) Resort? what a laugh” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Daytona Inn Beach Resort

Daytona Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #76 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
“Wish I could rate it -5 ( Vacation Nightmare ) Resort? what a laugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

I don't even know where to start, so I will jump right in with bad to even worst. We booked in Jan for April a ocean view suite. When we walked in I thought, surely we were put in the wrong room because there was no way this was a suite. I walked to the office and asked and I was promptly told we were in a suite. I started explaining that the room was dirty and NOT what we thought we booked due to the pictures they show on the web site. Misty, stated the room should not be dirty and said she would walk to the room, when we turned the corner she chastised me for speaking that way in front of her other customers. I told her truth is truth and we need another room. She said none were available and we were welcome to leave and find another hotel. NOT the answer one should give a paying customer. I told her we have prepaid through Map destination and could not get another room this late. Misty stated for me to go to my room and she would call after looking to see about another room. Well, after an hour not hearing from her, I picked up the phone to call desk and guess what? Phone didn't work. I walked to the desk only to find out she had left for the day. Didn't even bother to find it professional to walk to our room and let us know anything. If I had to guess, she probably didn't look in the first place she just wanted me out of her way. so, I called to complain to the company that we paid through and while on the phone a nice man stated he could change our room. So we moved to that room. ( forgot to mention the water was off for two city blocks this day which is not the hotels fault ) when the water did come back on the kitchen sink water was on full blast. went to turn it off and low and behold, the sink was broken it could not be turned off. Oh and the toilet didn't work. We were told it could not be fixed until we left. Really? We were scheduled to stay 4 nights! Again no other rooms available.The staffs solution to the problem was to put two towels over the faucet so we wouldn't have to hear the water all day and night and we were given a bucket to fill out to pour into the toilet when we needed to use it!!!!! Pictures to come. I wish I could say I was the only one with a problem but I heard many other complaints from people that day in the office as well as in the parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Wendy L
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
My staff and I are deeply aware of all the problems caused by the city's water main failure and the 5 hours it took to repair. Once they turned the water back on again, many plumbing problems were created by the entire situation.
I am surprised to read your comments about Misti who is a very popular staff member with our guests.
Clearly, we cannot show every room on the internet as each room is individually decorated.
I feel badly about your poor experience and I will now try to find your full name and address so I can communicate a more personal response.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Bargersville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I was in town for business not knowing it was bike week and spring break and had no reservation !! I had stayed here years ago and decided to stop on a chance that they had a room. Much to my surprize, they did. The room was gorgous and very clean. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had an ocean front room and if you are there for peace and quiet the ocean is noisy but I always g...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 April 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We lokk forward to your return visit!
Inglis, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in an oceanfront room with a king bed. Beach decor, a comfy bed, tiled floors, granite countertops helped make us feel at home. We took a four minute walk down to Ocean Deck and had a great time dancing to live music. The room had a nice balcony where we sat in the morning with fresh brewed coffee and read our books. We had a great view of the beach and the hotel also provided a nice little continental breakfast. The room was also equipped with a mini fridge, glasses, dishware, utensils and microwave.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thak you for your kind words. My staff and I value your compliment and we will continue to work hard to provide a great vacation experience to all our guests.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

Came here and not impressed horrible service but then we met Kathy and she made everything better she is the type of person u should hire.. Your other workers are very unprofessional and the business was so unorganized. We didn't get the room we booked. Hire more people like KATHY! LOVED HER

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
I am pleased that Kathy was able to help you..,,it does surprise me that you did not find the rest of the Front Desk staff to be helpful as I frequently receive compliments about their friendliness.

My entire staff is directed to be friendly and accommodating to all guests.

Carol

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed here Summer 2012, and since Summer is around the corner I thought I better warn people about staying here. This was the WORST experience we had in staying somewhere for a vacation. As 1 reviewer put it the only nice thing about the place was the convenience to the beach. Other than that the rm we stayed in was old, dirty, an air mattress would have been better than the sofa that our girls had to sleep on, & the fan in the rms did not work. We didn't have maid service for 4 days, & when we advised the mgr she said she would take care of it, yet later accused us of having the DND sign up. We were out of our rm by 10am every day either to go to the beach or drive around town, and we were sure NOT to have the DND sign up. So it seems as if you are not out of your rm before 10am and have a DND sign up then, then you are out of luck & you have no maid service, they don't come by after. After the 2nd day we started going to the front desk or calling the front desk to let them know we were out of our rm & to make sure we had maid service that day. Yet, that didn't help. The lady at the desk was surprised when we came down there the 3rd day to tell them we still had no maid service when she remembered taking the call & advising the staff. We had to take our dirty towels to the front desk to get new ones when we had no maid service. Sometimes they didn't have towels there so if we wanted clean towels we had to wash the towels on our own. We have made note to put this place as a DEFINITELY DO NOT STAY! I'm hoping that I can save this review with a 0 rating on everything because this place doesn't even deserve 1 star.
The mgr is the type of mgr that just says things that you want to hear, yet doesn't follow through. A good mgr would have come by to check on us later to make sure that all was ok, yet after our encounter with her she never approached us again except to accuse us of having the DND when that is not true. I think if you read through some of the other reviews you can see that there have been people who have stayed here & have had similar experiences, so I'm not lying.
I can go on and on about the negative stuff about this place, yet i think you get the message. I tried to submit this review with a 0 rating, since that is the maximum it deserves. I would like to rate it a negative number. Yet, if I write this review it forces me to rate it at least a 1. Yet, don't be fooled because like I said it deserves a negative rating. As for the service, value, clealiness, etc. I am not filling it out, but that is not because i forgot, but because I can't give those a negative rating either, so keep that in mind while you read my rating.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank PatM1967
muffyork, Front Office Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Clearly nothing about the Daytona Inn was agreeable to you. I regret your unfortunate experience but cannot investigate the validity of a complaint that occurred over a year ago.

We all work very hard to be a friendly and helpful staff and we all care deeply about our guests satisfaction.

Carol
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have reviewed the Daytona inn beach resort before and like McArthur, I have returned,and so glad I did. It is really a beach front hotel perfect for having fun at the beach. Rooms were freshly painted and spotless. Thank you housekeeping. Reception was like returning home. Love the whole front desk staff. Rooms are dated but that's what makes it perfect for that beach cation like when we were kids Like I said in the title great location. Close to all in Daytona beach right on the ocean. Weather you swim,surf ,volleyball or just stroll the oceanfront you are right there.. Lastly hats off to the management the love and caring shown by the ownership has won my repeat business back! We are already booked for next year Got to go..... Surfs up!

1 Thank rocky c
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you for trusting us to provide the experience you missed last year! Carol
US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

My friends and I rented room 133 for the first half of spring bike week, 2013.

We arrived on Thursday and were greeted by the rudest people that I have ever encountered in my life. Any question we asked was met with "if you have ever been to Bike Week, then you should know that....". We have been to MANY Daytone Beach Bike Weeks, but we were not familiar with this particular facility.

When we opened the door to our room, we were met by a blast of hot air. The furnace was turned all the way to high. I went down to the front desk to ask how to turn the air on and was told the furnace was really old and to turn the knob in the opposite direction. The heat turned off, but the cold air never came on the entire weekend. We had to prop the door open in the afternoon to cool the room off. The room had a "courtyard view", which was nothing more than a small fenced in area. The room next door was clearly visible through the large gaps in the fence, there were large bowls of dog food left out on the patio. We watched a opossum crawl the fence line to sneak food out of the bowl. So much for propping the door open to keep cool!!!

The bedroom carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed in months, and if you walked barefoot on the tile floor, your feet were as black as if you had been walking on asphalt. There were glasses available for use, but every one I picked up was nasty or had some type of residue in the bottom. We were never given refills on coffee or clean dish towels after the first day and when I asked for some at the front desk, we were told they were "out". The front door was so rusted on the bottom, you could sit on the couch and see the parking lot. The beds were nothing more than two by fours placed on the floor.

The only, and I do mean only, thing this place has going for it is location. One block from main street and easy beach access.

I would sleep in my car before I paid to sleep here again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank BeachMom17
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I am distressed to hear of your dis-satisfaction...if any guest ever has a problem or concern, I fully expect to be informed of it at the time and to have an opportunity to fix the problem. Sadly, this guest did not give me this opportunity. I do know that my staff is very often complimented on being the most friendly and helpful staff imaginable so to say my staff was rude is especially difficult to hear.
I regret your experience and greatly value guest satisfaction.
Carol Collett GM