“Nice place”

Ranked #47 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Kidderminster
“Nice place”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were very lucky we had a big room with kitchen lounge etcetera and a balcony very good value for money we stayed three days and the location is great, right at the north start of where you can drive on the beach right in the middle of every thing! Close to Main Street and all it's events and the boardwalk and pier The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Glad to have you stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Louisville
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The location is great, right at the north start of where you can drive on the beach. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a large group and everyone was very happy with the accommodations. We will definitely return.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We value your business.
WINTER HAVEN
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This is my second time staying here. We had a great view of Daytona Beach, with the grand suite and was very roomy. The resort did not accommodate us for extra pillows ( flat). The kitchen did not have any pans to go into the oven.( we could not bake anything ) Everything in the room was very clean . Needs some updating on the property. Within walking distance of the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Grand Suite was very roomy, great deal for the price! The ocean view rooms are the best. Full size...
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

If you are looking for great value for a vacation in Daytona Beach, look no further. The resort is directly on the ocean with a fabulous, no drive beach. The pool is clean and well maintained. The location (entertainment district) is great and it is only 5 miles from the International Speedway!. The rooms are clean, well maintained, and pets are allowed. The bar is great and the bar tender is friendly. A wonderful location for a fun filled family vacation. There is a good restaurant. The staff and the manager are very friendly and professional, they made me feel like a welcome guest. Great location, great beach, great room, great staff, great value!!!! I will definitely stay here again.

Norm Thurston : Toronto Canada

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NThurston
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Not the best hotel in Daytona but far from the worst. I would have no issues staying here again. Yes it could use some updating and some renovations. the staff is very friendly and nice, and the bar/ restaurant at the hotel is very good. Room I stayed in was clean and had no issues with any unwanted roomates (bugs). Overall for the price you get a good deal here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank JR32724
asheville
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I rented from a private owner so I am reviewing the resort. First the pros, the staff including the manager, were very nice and helpful. The pool was great and that area was maintained well. The bar and bartender were also great! The place has a terrible very visible drug problem and tons of shady characters, many that live there! There is central air and the stench of marijuana coming in through the vents was awful! The resort itself was a very rough place with tons of shady characters and an obvious drug problem. The stench of marijuana would come through the vents. We actually watched lifeguards and EMS try to save the life of a 31 year old woman who overdosed on the pool deck. Her boyfriend was taken to jail in handcuffs. Our kids watched all of this go down. The couple live there. Then we observed what we believe to be homeless people sleeping on the pool deck. I only draw the conclusion they were homeless because they woke up around 6 AM and the girl got up right on the pool deck and changed clothes for anyone to see! Yes I mean took it off! Friday, I sat poolside with a 12 and 13 year old watching a guest roll a joint and smoke it right on his little poolside deck! He wasn’t hiding anything. I returned to the room a little later. Everyone else was at the pool. After we had been there all week, they decided at 4 o’clock on Friday you had to have a wristband to be at the pool and through my party out of the pool telling them they would have to go to the office and get wristbands. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Our kids got an education for sure there! This is not a good place for children and it did not feel safe at all.

5 Thank asheville_jen
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed from 8/5/13- 8/9/13. This was a last minute budget vaca which I researched here on trip advisor for lodging. This place was not perfect, but for the price compared with other similar rooms at several different beach towns in Florida as well as North Carolina it was great! The room was clean. Housekeeping personnel were friendly. The front desk was friendly. The maintenence man did grumble a bit when we needed him to take care of a toilet problem, but it truly was not a pretty sight and he did fix it pretty quickly once he got to the room.
We had an ocean front room that had recently been renovated which I am sure was to our benefit compared to other reviews I have read. The pool area was kept well and very clean. Off from the pool area was an area right on the beach as well with lounge chairs for sun and picnic tables to sit at. This was nice to get away from the crowd and our party ate out here one evening.
For the down side, we had a room with full kitchenette and although it did fit our needs, it did not have really enough utensils to fix a home cooked meal without feeling inconvenienced. I had planned on cooking once or twice, but this was remedied easily with store bought rotisserie chicken, cole slaw and potato salad which was all fine with me. The kitchen was quite functional for sandwiches and heating up breakfast etc. If I really thought about it I am sure I could think of more negative, but if I have to think that much it could not have been that bad. To me this was a nice clean older budget hotel on the beach and close to the pier/ ocean walk for convenience. it was an easy walk and no reason to pay to park. I would definitely stay here again.