“Great view. Large suite. Awesome view!”

Daytona Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #74 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Great view. Large suite. Awesome view!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We got a fantastic rate on our family suite. The living area was very spacious and larger than what we were expecting. Staff was very friendly. Room was all tile. Next time we will bring our dog. We enjoyed our stay and didn't want to leave the view from the third floor ocean front balcony. Hair Dryers are at the front desk just ask for one. :) The food at the one site restaurant was just ok and the Continental breakfast was pretty much donuts, coffee and sunny delight. Overall great experience. Will be going back soon!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Don't be a stranger! Love to welcome you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Not very clean. Said it has hair dryer but didn't. Had a coffee maker with decaffeinated coffee but apparently some units are owned by individuals like a condo so hotel has nothing to do with room setup/decor. Curtains were so shear we couldn't sleep passed daylight!! Plus if you used a dish you had to wash it or you would be charged! I can stay home and wash dishes. Not a happy camper.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gilda P
Next time you should book through the Front Desk!
Apopka, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was looking for a weekend getaway without breaking the bank, when I came across a great deal online with the Daytona Inn Beach Resort.. I found their website to be user friendly and booked our trip online. After checking into the hotel, we found our room to be very clean and pleasantly decorated as advertised on their web site. We found the staff members to be friendly and egger to help each of their guests with local information, so they can have great stay at their hotel and Daytona Beach. I also wanted to mention that the hotel is in an awesome location to the pier and other fun spots. We were so impressed with the hotel, service and the staff, that we’ve just booked another weekend get away with them. Thank you to the staff members at Daytona Inn Beach Resort for making a difference in Daytona Beach.

C W Willens

Room Tip: A beachfront room is a must.............Simply beautiful
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words! See you again soon!
Palos Hills, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My family and I stayed here last year and didn't have many problems except for a small bathroom with no fan (which wasn't a big deal). We had a beautiful view and huge pool, bar downstairs, nicely decorated room, and we wanted to have another wonderful vacation. This year however was a complete nightmare. We arrived 1 hour early to check in and was told to come back at 3:30 because our room wasn't ready yet and that is when check-in is (understandable). Came back at 3:30 and was told another 10 minutes (again, not a big deal... Apparently they were short staffed for a while now). Came back at 3:40 and the room still wasn't ready. Long story short, we didn't get our room keys until 4:40 because the room still wasn't clean.

Got to the room and the door was left open. Went to close the door and IT DIDN'T SHUT. The door was coming off the hinges. Called the main desk and was told that "Room 325 has a secret way of closing the door. I'll be up in 5 minutes to show you". 5 minutes later and instead we got the maintenance man to fix our door. Again, long story short, we couldn't start enjoying our vacation until 6:35 when the door was "fixed" and was told that it "should get us through our vacation". On top of all this, when we went to the front desk to say thank you for getting this done, the female security guard said that this was our fault and we have to pay for the damage we did. UNACCEPTABLE. I had to make yet another trip to the front desk the following day to get everything straightened out and ensure that my CC would not get charged. The owner was happy to give us this in writing.

The following day we come back from grocery shopping with refrigerated and frozen items when our electronic door key did not work. Had to make yet another trip down to the front desk and was told that whoever made our electronic door key only activated it for one night, even though we were staying 5. After all this, I asked to speak to the owner again and was told she was in her office. I knocked on the door and she was not there. I waited 10 minutes until I finally asked the front desk where she was. "She is out at the store and will be back in about half an hour". Upset, I said that she should have mentioned that instead of me waiting around. I came back in 30 minutes, and again was told she was in her office. Waited, and waited, and waited. Again asked the front desk where the owner was. Was told the owner was behind the counter and I demanded to see her. What did the front desk do? She snapped and told the owner that "Room 325 is back with yet another room problem and that we keep complaining".

Saw the owner and explained what a mess everything has been. She asked me what I thought was an appropriate compensation was, and I said I would like to be reimbursed for 1 evening. The owner said that I should be more understanding of her situation but will give me the reimbursement. The story gets better... She told me to come back that evening at 8pm so Rhonda can give me the money back. Came back at 8pm and the owner NEVER COMMUNICATED. I had to come back for yet ANOTHER VISIT TO THE FRONT DESK the day before checkout to get my reimbursement.

We spent so much energy and time arguing and fixing problems with our stay this visit that we will never stay here again. I understand when you are short staffed. I understand when you fall behind. But it is unacceptable to make your customers upset and exhausted with the back and forth nonsense.

2 Thank Nicole A
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Seldom have I been as shocked as I was to read this review! Such a melodramatic version of a simple event!! Every courtesy was delivered to these guests by me staff! I offered to return 1 full night of rent to these guests and as they had paid in cash I had to take in the cash in order to pay them. I wrote them a note, as they requested, to verify that he door was not broken by them. (The housekeepers had left a wedge in the hinge while cleaning)
Their room #325 - is absolutely spectacular and so was their treatment by all members of my staff!!
We do agree completely that they should not look to return here.

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

They never cleaned our room the whole week we were there. Just old and dirty. Room had so much humidity our wet clothes never dried so when I hung a few things at pool to dry they were taken while we were sitting by pool. Couldn't believe it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank boss7788
When you do not rent thru the Front Desk you do not get daily housekeeping...if you turn of the AC your room will be completely damp and clothese will never dry.

Anyone who leaves their personal items on a public pool deck is taking a big chance!! Sorry it did not work out for you.
Seffner, Florida
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have stayed here many times. You can't beat the location. Short walk to the pier and located on the no drive side of the beach which is nice if you have children with you. You can see the Saturday night fireworks from you room (if you stay beach side) or from the pool patio. The pool is very nice although just a tad cold for my taste. My only recommendation is to look at your room after you check in before you cart up all your belongings. I asked for a room with 2 queen beds and stated on my reservation that their was a child in my party. I asked the front desk clerk if the room she was giving me was queen beds and she said yes. After bringing up all our belongings we notice we do not have queen beds as promised and we only had a shower not a tub. Which does not work for a child. I have had this happen a few times before at this hotel and always swear that I am going to check out the room before we move in and always forget my own advice!! I did explain upon check out about the mistakes and the lady at the front desk just shrugged her shoulders and told me she understood. Not the customer service response I was looking for but it is the customer service I have come to expect here - unfortunately.

Room Tip: Take a look at your room before you bring up your belongings to make sure you got what you asked and...
2 Thank ssneed
manager219, Director of Sales at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear ssneed,

We are sorry to hear about your situation on your latest stay with us this summer. Not to make excuses but we have added a few new team members at our front desk and they may not have a full grasp on the number of beds in each room and for that I apologize.

In reading your review, and thank you for the nice review you gave us on June 18, 2012, I noticed that you did not inform us of the issues you had until check-out. I'm sure that we would have done everything in our power to make things right had you come to us immediately after you realized your concerns.

I hope you continue to visit us and we can work together in making sure this does not happen again.

Thank you for your input.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the worst vacation I have ever spent money on !!!!. Lamps give shocks when turning off and on, No smoke detectors, no sprinklers, fridge covered with mold on the outside. Never could get clean towels in the morning as they do not have enough for the resort. No fan in the bathroom, kitchen sparsely stocked with 1 coffee cup, 2 pieces of cookware. WiFi never worked the entire 6 days so NO WiFI. Would not recommend to anyone and would never go back to stay. AWFUL experience

Room Tip: Do not stay here
1 Thank Ronald L
muffyork, General Manager at Daytona Inn Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
My staff and I care very much about our guests satisfaction and we regret your disappointment. We cannot fix what you do not report at the time. Not all rooms at DIBR are rented out by the front Desk and such is the case with you...your issues are not able to be addressed by us if this is the case. Clearly everyone will tell you that if a problem or concern is brought to my staff, we will do eveything in our power to remedy the problem, including finding you alternate accommodations elesewhere.