“Great Experiance”

Daytona Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #76 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Great Experiance”
Reviewed 22 June 2006

Very clean rooms, the staff was great always asking if everything is ok and the view is amazing! The security that they have also is first rate it helps knowing that they are always watching out for thier guests safety. Overall this is one of the best hotel experiances that i have had in daytona. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants a beautiful room and a great guest experiance. Will be back next year!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
South San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 May 2006

the photos on their website are not real!! i dont know when they took them i guess when it was first built. but they are very misleading. i would never stay here again. i would have rather slept in my car. our beds were very uncomfortable and the floors were very dirty. you had to wear your shoes at all times. the air conditioning did not work and we notified the front desk of this twice during our stay and nothing was done about it even though they promised it would be. also the pool was very dirty!! i was also promised this would be cleaned out and it was never done either. the toilet broke and they didnt even leave toilet paper in their. you had to call housekeeping and ask for that. there is no air vent in the bathroom and the t.v was terrible you couldnt even watch it for the horrible blurriness. there were bugs all over the walls and moths everywhere. the couch in the room was soaked and you couldnt sit or put anything on it. i would never recommend this hotel to anyone and i would never stay here again. it was horrible and needs to be shut down. even the bathrooms in the hotel lobby dont have air vents.

• Stayed May 2006
11 Thank sillyness1234

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Reviewed 17 May 2006

During my stay at the Daytona Inn Beach Resort I experienced horrible conditions. The room had dirty towels left in it upon arrival. Handles were missing off the doors to the closet. Also the ceiling leaked from the restroom in the room above. Housekeeping would often take our towels and not give them back for several hours. Often they would knock on the door earlier than 9AM. I do not reccomend the Daytona Inn Beach Resort to anyone.

• Stayed May 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 May 2006

We just wanted to share our experience with a great vacation for a much needed rest on the beach! The Daytona Inn Beach Resort is right on the beach in the heart of Daytona. Outside your door is lots of sun, sand and water. Out your 'front' door is the main Daytona Beach location - rides for adults and kids, restaurants and shops. The Speedway is near by if the race is on. This is truly in the heart of Daytona Beach.

The room has all the facilities - a kitchen for essentials you need - coffee maker, fridge and stove for light meals. The bed was very comfortable - just like home, the couch and chair were convenient for TV (can't miss the sports) and most important the outdoor area provided comfortable lounges. The large pool was clean and inviting. We spent most of the time relaxing and enjoying the beach and ocean.
And to round it all off, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the service was exceptional.

So, if you are looking for a wonderful beach location where there is unspoiled sandy beach, convenient affordable accommodation and excellent service - this is it.

We would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to a return visit.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2006

I felt that when something has been done well, it is worth saying to let others know.

I am a Real Estate Broker and often, I am on the premises of the Datona Inn Beach Resort. So my review covers about three years of visits.

Every time I enter the property I am greeted with courtesy and respect. No matter how busy the front desk may be, there is always enough personel to take the time to be polite. Even as I walk through the front door, the warmth is felt. The lobby is beautifully decorated with comfortable and inviting lounges and chairs. The sound of freshness of the water falling over the rocks is soothing no matter what the circumstances.

Everytime I go into the rooms, they are clean, beautiful and bright. All of them are quite spacious and all are well equipped for short or long stays. The guests that I meet are quite impressed with the no-driving beach and the hotel is within walking distance of all the major beach attractions such as the Ocean Center, the Peabody Auditorium, the Water Theme Park, the newly remodelled Bandshell with free concerts, the Shoppes and Theatres of the Ocean Walk and the Fishing Pier.

I know that whether you are coming as a family or traveling alone, you will be well impressed with you stay

• Stayed April 2006, travelled on business
5 Thank 1000angelsangels
WV
Reviewed 24 April 2006

Where to begin!!!!
Undoubtably this resort is the poorest place we have ever spent a vacation at. The room was horrid, the floor was filthy dirty--never been swept or mopped! You walked across it from the moment we arrived and your feet where black with dirt! HAD to wear shoes at all times.(even directly from the shower). The TV romote was broken-we reported this but was NEVER fixed. The doors where hard to open & close-had to slam your body against them to close them. The beds where poor quality cheap foam and very uncomfortable. The tub & sink drains where SLOW, had to stop my shower and wait til it drained before I could finish it EVERYDAY. The toilet would lean forward everytime one would sit on it! We also killed 2 roaches!!!!!!! The air conditioner was so old it sounded like a train blarring when it kicked on, couldnt use it at night. THIS PLACE NEEDS A GOOD SCRUBBING TOP TO BOTTOM! The closet floor had water in it at all times, made out luggage WET. The balcony had only one chair. The pool stayed dirty, others complained of this too! I have never experienced a hotel like this one before, hopefully I wont ever again. I cannot believe the photos or messages on their site are real,...UNLESS we are the ONLY patrons to receive a terrible room like ours. (Looks like alot of people have the same resonse to this place as I do)The last straw where the roaches! That did if for us, totally disgusted with it all. MAYBE they will actually take note of these problems for your future patrons, I SURELY HOPE SO!!!!!! The Manager needs to really make sure things are getting done as they should, this place was truely a disapointment and totally different from the photos and guestbook messages listed on this site. Felt like we needed a hot bubble bath after being in this place, it was so dirty! The bar next door was loud, bums asked us for money, it smelled of beer around the hotel. No one at the front desk could care less about anything.
It would be my recommendation that some really good repairs be done to the rooms, scrubbing them would be GREAT, and call an exterminator! So sad to advertise one thing and give your paying guests this type of service. I would have rather slept in the car than sleep in this so called "resort" again! Ive seen much cleaner dog pounds than this place! SERIOUSLY! I think the health department needs to make avisit there SOON!
Dont believe the decent reviews I dont know where they stayed but it wasnt here at the DAYTONA INN BEACH RESORT.......what a total nightmare!

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank pinkypoo
Peru, IL
Reviewed 30 March 2006

I just spent Jan, Feb and the first week of March at the Daytona Inn with a tour group from Illinois. I loved the idea of having a seperate bedroom from my living room and a couch to sit down on in the evenings to watch TV. The ocean was right outside our back door along with the Pier, the Ocean Walk and many restaurants. It was so convienent for my guests to be able to walk to many different restaurants and the trolley stop was right in front of the hotel. But the most important thing about our stay at the Daytona Inn was the staff. Carene in group sales bent over backwards to honor my guests requests and Jeri at the front desk that had to put up with me day and night!! Joy in housekeeping and Raymond in maintance were always right there when you needed them. But my heart felt thans goes out to Carol, the General Manager of the hotel. Not only did she do her best to make 80 people happy all the time but did special little things for us that went above and beyond the call of duty. She even threw us a party one night with refreshments and entertainment. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank the entire staff at Daytona Inn for a wonderful two months and I can't wait till next year to see you again!!! Thanks from all of us at Hansen Tours...Sandy

• Stayed January 2006