“Family value”

Daytona Beach Regency
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Just stayed still Daytona beach regency there was twenty of us that went we got four of the two bedroom lock off rooms was great only wish we had ocean front I understand owner comes first .the rooms was great had everything we needed, when we called for extra towels they was delivered quickly planning on going back next year hoping you ocean front next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I loved the Regency last year when I stayed but was upset the 1 day we picked to grill out;& my son had taken off work & that's the day the jackhammers were out. But liked it well enough to go back. My son was getting married & I booked 5 days before I even knew how long I would stay because wanted to make sure I got in. By time my sister booked airline tickets they had sold out. Had to move hotels after 1st 5 days. My son's wedding was to be on beach & didn't work with the weather. We had (2) 1 bedroom suites. Ended up having the wedding on balcony & the Regency couldn't have been kinder!! From us using their lobby for 30 min or so for pictures (which must have been a huge inconvenience ) to giving the couple a little gift basket-they really came thru & were very generous with us using their property. There were only bout 25 -30 people (supposed to be elopement) but that's a lot of extra people using the elevators & people coming in & out. They were so understanding. I knew I loved it last year & I had stayed 10 days,but while only got 5 days because of my slow booking-the plaza was my second hotel & I would much rather have the Regency the entire time. It can't be easy to keep an eye on their fully booked hotel & our large unexpected party-but their excellent service & personnel (many of which were same as last year ) did not waiver & the treatment & kindness on part of staff were excellent. It took 8 hours for me to find the perfect hotel last year but so very glad I did. Thanks again Daytona Beach Regency!! Patrice Magee- Kaye .

Room Tip: The chances of getting direct ocean view aren't great because it is also time share & many o...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrice565
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough. This trip was fabulous shared by 3 lifelong girlfriends, reuniting and celebrating a birthday. Our trip was made exceptionally special because of the staff. Despite flight delays our checkin was smooth thanks to Jeannie Lou and another young lady at the front desk ( I don't remember her name starts with a K). We were treated as owners and not as 1st time guest. The birthday basket was an awesome gesture and greatly appreciated. Our room was clean and far surpassed our expectations. We made a request for a certain type of room and it was granted no hesitation. I really can't say enough for The Beach Regency Resort and their wonderful staff, it is the staff that puts the cherry on top!!! Thank you guys for a fun filled, memorable weekend. I recommend to anyone visiting Daytona to stay here, 1st choice!!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TCMcarmell
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We checked in for two nights. Based off of the pictures and description we were expecting a balcony of some sort. Our "balcony" consisted of a wall up your our eyes with bugs, mold, and a beer can. The manager said he could not move us to another room. He mentioned if we had booked further in advance or were a timeshare member we may have gotten a better room. They will try to sell you a timeshare. The inside was clean, but we never got fresh towels.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Shannon S
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Once again we found ourselves at the Daytona Beach Regency. Improvements have been made since our last visit. New security features with the parking garage and room entry. Finally, wireless internet is available in all rooms thanks to a new router package.... THANK YOU. The STAFF was GREAT as USUAL. This is a smaller hotel that provides the personal service we have come to expect. Expect another return visit.

Room Tip: We always try to have the room on the North side of the hotel. This provides an unrestricted view o...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EdM403
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We’re delighted that you have chosen to return to the Daytona Beach Regency, and that you appreciate the changes that have taken place since your last visit. We are really pleased that you’re planning to return here for another vacation, and we feel sure that your experiences here will continue to get even better!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are Diamond timeshare owners and this was a great place, among the better places we have stayed. The one bedroom unit was a corner oceanfront unit with everything we needed. The staff was excellent. Being next to the boardwalk was a big plus particularly with the Memorial Day weekend activities at the Bandshell. We were both recuperating from surgeries and we could not have picked a better place.

Room Tip: Oceanfront corner north side units are probably a bit quieter than ones on the boardwalk oceanfront...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank William R
diamondresorts, Manager at Daytona Beach Regency, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for sharing our kind words with us. We are very glad that our resort exceeded your expectations and is one of the best places you’ve stayed. Being that the Daytona Beach Regency is a beachfront resort, we do have some amazing views of the ocean. Our location also contributes to the comfort of our guests, since most of the essentials as well as entertainment are nearby. We are very happy to have helped you recover over the Memorial Day holiday, and it is our hope to welcome you back the next time you visit Daytona Beach.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We chose the Regency for the fully-equipped kitchen and its beach-front location. Overall we had a pleasant stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping and maintenance staff worked hard and definitely deserved recognition. The rooms were clean and well-equipped and all appliances worked properly. The kitchen was a big plus since there are not many restaurants nearby. The outdoor pool facing the ocean was very nice, with a slide. It is steps away from the beautiful Daytona Beach. What I am most impressed was (surprisingly) the sofa bed – I have never slept on a sofa bed this comfortable – it is pretty much the same as a regular mattress.

The hotel is fairly small, with 11 floors. Floors 2-10 are apartments and Floor 11 seems to be the office and is used for timeshare presentations. I think each floor has only about 10 rooms. The ones facing the ocean front (east) are hard to get. Odd-numbered number rooms (such as x01, x03, x05, x07) face the north, with some ocean view. The even- numbered rooms face the 20+ story Wyndham Ocean Walk Resort; the view was not great for these rooms. Unlike big hotels, you may not have much choice when it comes to available rooms at the Regency.

We were concerned about the parking situation before we got there. But as it turned out, the underground garage is fairly big and parking is not a problem at all. I would not recommend full-sized SUV though. The biggest complain I would have would be the noise. No matter which room you stay you cannot get away from the noise. Atlantic Ave is a very noisy street, with motorcycles cruising through late in the night; rooms x01 and x02 are directly impacted. Rooms x05 are next to the elevator. Rooms x07 are next to the laundry machines. And the even-numbered rooms face the dumpsters between the two hotels and the Wyndham hotel garage entrance… I am surprised that all the windows have single-layered glass considering how much air condition Daytona Beach needs. Double-layered glass window would help reduce the noise level as well.

For groceries, there is a Walgreens a couple of blocks away and a Publix supermarket 2.5 miles north on Atlantic Ave. We found the Publix to be fairly pricy. Our friends who shopped at Save-A-Lot supermarket (Nova and Rte 92 towards the airport) said their groceries were cheaper.

We would stay here again considering the location and service/amenities.

Room Tip: Rooms x07-x10 are the best. High-floors if possible.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family