“Daytona Beach Regency”

Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Ocala, Florida
“Daytona Beach Regency”
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed about 45 minutes and only due to I was on the phone raising cane about the photo's vs accomodations and that the room smelled like an old bar. The smoke was unbearable & I smoke. I am not a chain smoker and I do not smoke in my home for this very reason. But I was told on Monday October 4, 2010 that I would be receiving a room on the ocean side of the resort I had two condo's booked and we were there for a wedding. Absolute largest mistake ever. We have friends staying next door at the Wyndham wonderful property and staff. We ended up booking for the exact same price at The Shores OMG what a difference in day and night. Note: that you do not want this experience on any level. Not to mention I booked, I went to the room to find the accomodations not clean, smelled of a chain smoker or several smokers in one small space and my entire party left and stayed at a 4 1/2 star resort for the same price...
Please DO NOT MAKE the Same Mistake.... If you are going to stay in Daytona Beach best bang for the Buck on the North End would be either the Wyndham or The Plaza Resorts. On the South End hands Down The Shores Resort.... Stay Away from Daytona Beach Regency... The accomodations Terrible the Staff Excluding the Maintenance person was as bad as the Resort...
This needs not to be confused as a resort it is a old run down hotel....

5 Thank CWROcala

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fredonia, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Stayed at the Beach Regency for Labor Day week. The staff was very attentive and responded to all our needs. This is a very nice small family atmosphere Hotel. The 2 bedroom lock-out was very nice but the only problem was the pigeons on the balcony. We had to have the maintenance guy come and clean the chairs and floor. The pigeons were still frequent visitors during the week, I was told by others in the area this was a problem for all the hotels in the area. Too bad because I love to sit on the balcony, we were on the North side of the building and had a wonderful view of the beach and Atlantic Ave. from the bedrooms and balcony but the feathers and poop made me shy away from the balcony. All in all I would go again, it was a very nice relaxed place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Northport, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We loved staying here and our room was unbelievable with two bedrooms, two kitchens, a balcony, a living room. It was really more of an apartment. The ocean is steps away and the pool has an amazing slide. A tiki bar is on site with pretty good food and great drinks. Nobody who works here bothers you at all unless you ask for help. We can't wait to go back. Daytona Beach is a bit seedy in parts but when you are in the hotel, you don't care. We stayed here and went to Orlando for one day.

2 Thank khcampbell1
florida
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Customer service is great, great location and plenty of activities.
☺Only problem, which is a big thing for me; the floors were not clean: carpet and tiles.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 2 August 2010

I've never written a review before but felt obliged to do so. We stayed for 2 nights with our 3 children (14, 8 and 4). Checked in on a Friday night. Check in was fast and friendly. Loved that there was a parking garage with key card access. Kids couldnt wait to get to the pool and that water slide! Tiki bar located poolside was perfect. Kids had what they wanted and so did my husband and I. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. Requested an extra blanket that night and it was (no lie) brought up within 5 minutes. We couldnt have asked for a better little end of summer getaway with our kids. Hotel is centrally located to anything you need! Thanks for a great weekend :)

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We spent the week and it was great. Service was great we had a small issue and security and staff were right on it, They were great. The pool and Tiki bar are outstanding. Rooms are very clean and well stocked. This is a must stay !!!

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 15 July 2010

My family and I traveled to Daytona Beach (our favorite place!) for the week of the 4th of July - once again, we stayed at the Daytona Beach Regency (our 14th year there!) - and, once again, it was absolutely wonderful! Check-in was a breeze, with Sue helping us out - my reservation was just as expected, with Jenny Lou putting us in a wonderful ocean front two bedroom unit on the 9th floor. When we got to the room, it was very clean, well stocked, and smelled wonderfully - none of that musty smell that you get with some condos at the beach. The rooms are huge, also - no tiny condo rooms here. The balcony was very clean, too - no pigeon poop, as we have had on previous visits (and I know that can't really be helped, but it looked like they cleaned the balcony floors regularaly). My youngest daughter slept on the queen size pull-out couch, and that first night, when we called and asked for an additional blanket, it was delivered in less than 5 minutes! We always had plenty of towels, soap, kitchen commodities, and everything else we needed. And the beds - well, they slept wonderfully - it was just like being at home - my back never hurt at all!! The Tiki Bar was fabulous - you just have to try the Malibu Carribbean Punch - it's delicious! The pool area always has plenty of chairs, and they have two grills that are ready to use at all times - plus, you can go right down the steps from the pool, and you are on the beautiful beaches of Daytona! We walked to the Pier area, all of the Ocean Walk shops, Daytona Lagoon, and the bars over off of Seabreeze - the Regency has one of the best locations in Daytona! The only thing that was negative, was that the week just flew by much too quickly!!

1 Thank rags5930
Fountain Beach Resort
Fountain Beach Resort
#40 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Daytona Beach Regency? Share your experiences!