“Our home away from home”

Daytona Beach Regency
Ranked #21 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Lake Mary, Florida
“Our home away from home”
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We booked our stay for 2 nights beginning on our anniversary of Dec. 30th, and planned to celebrate New Year's Eve at the Boardwalk Pier to see the fireworks display. We booked a 1 bdr suite through bookit.com, and upon arrival (1 hour early) we were pleasantly surprised to find we had been upgraded to a 2 bdr lockout suite.

This place was huge!!!! It was probably even cleaner than we left our apartment. The Master had a jacuzzi tub in it (which all four of us had a turn to enjoy) with a separate bathroom that had a walk in shower. Usually when we go to Daytona we end up leaving some kitchen essential or bathroom essential behind and have to run to the store, but not here. They had everything except toothpaste, toothbrush, and floss. Also, it had a fully stocked (dishes & towels) kitchen for cooking.

We were all amazed at the quality of the bedding, towels, appliances (Cuisinart). The furniture was even better than what we own. Every room had an alarm clock with an iPod dock built in. This impressed our children to say the least. We only left the resort in the car one time, when we had dinner on the Halifax Marina. Otherwise everything including the famous "Oceanwalk Shoppes" was within comfortable walking distance.

The pools were heated. The tiki bar out by the pool had reasonably priced drinks.

I can not even begin to make you understand how nice and friendly the front desk staff was, especially Diane. They are there to say "yes" and make your stay a memorable one. We go to Daytona a lot, and Daytona Beach Regency will always be our 1st choice of a "home away from home"!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MRudman74

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 December 2010

This was my 3rd stay at the Regency after many weeks in Daytona. If you can get a good rate, it has ideal facilities, a location in middle of beach area, close to restaurants and shops. One bedroom apartments are specious and well furnished with complete kitchen and weekly serevice. Pool area is perfect for adults and childre, I find the straff to always be pleasant and eager to please. Only downsides are no great view from your balcony as south side has a tall building adjacant to you and northside, while having a view, it's of several run down properties. Garage is very tight for non-compact cars. Be careful of rooms which cannot receive the wifi due to their location...make sure you specify this if it's important to you. The hotel is very clean, beds are comfy and all you need to be at home in Daytona Beach.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Conner2dood
Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 1 December 2010

We found this hotel very spacious and the staff friendly. It's right on the beach, has a great Tiki Bar on the premises and is within walking distance of good food, a movie theater and some shopping. There are other bigger, fancier hotels around, but this one suited us perfectly. I rated sleep quality a little low because A1A (Atlantic Ave) runs right by the hotel. Harleys rev up and down the strip at all hours. The hotel can't control rude harley people.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shenvalleyrider
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The girl at the front desk was amazing!!!! She made me feel so welcomed! The tall security saved my life!!!" Ftc!!"! And the drinks were amazing!

• Stayed November 2010
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This property is so old and outdated. The rooms smelled like mildew and my wife was sickened by the condoms left in the bathroom. Tiny roaches everywhere. Subpar resort. Diamond Maintenance fees are so high but for what?

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank Vaca1Mizzou
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed 27 October 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Regency (October 23-24) to attend a relative's birthday party. The hotel has appeared to go down on the deep end since our previous stay. Upon checking in (or actually prior to) a panhandler was outside (clearly inebriated) trying to get money from my husband. The maintenance staff person saw this and motioned him away while he grabbed his walkie talkie radio and relayed what was going on to someone. The lobby decor was a lil' too busy for my taste. We stayed in room 404/404A. The hallway was somewhat hot. The doors on several on the hotel room were in need of a MAJOR paint job!!! The room was clean, although we had no washcloths and when this was mentioned to the front desk, it took then 30 mins or more to bring them because they were short-staffed. Also, check-out is 10AM. Most hotels are now giving you until 11 or Noon. The pool deck outside made up for the downfalls. It was nice to go out there and just relax..taking in the ocean breeze and listening to the waves! All in all, experience wasn't that great...price would determine whether we'd book there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jwrembert
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 12 October 2010

We stayed about 45 minutes and only due to I was on the phone raising cane about the photo's vs accomodations and that the room smelled like an old bar. The smoke was unbearable & I smoke. I am not a chain smoker and I do not smoke in my home for this very reason. But I was told on Monday October 4, 2010 that I would be receiving a room on the ocean side of the resort I had two condo's booked and we were there for a wedding. Absolute largest mistake ever. We have friends staying next door at the Wyndham wonderful property and staff. We ended up booking for the exact same price at The Shores OMG what a difference in day and night. Note: that you do not want this experience on any level. Not to mention I booked, I went to the room to find the accomodations not clean, smelled of a chain smoker or several smokers in one small space and my entire party left and stayed at a 4 1/2 star resort for the same price...
Please DO NOT MAKE the Same Mistake.... If you are going to stay in Daytona Beach best bang for the Buck on the North End would be either the Wyndham or The Plaza Resorts. On the South End hands Down The Shores Resort.... Stay Away from Daytona Beach Regency... The accomodations Terrible the Staff Excluding the Maintenance person was as bad as the Resort...
This needs not to be confused as a resort it is a old run down hotel....

5 Thank CWROcala