“Great staff! Nice, little hotel for a quick stay.”
Review of Grand Prix Motel

Grand Prix Motel
Ranked #65 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Copperas Cove, Texas
“Great staff! Nice, little hotel for a quick stay.”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Maybe not the greatest "theme" for a hotel...but really who cares? It definitely fits the word "motel". We were originally placed in an upstairs room but due to an issue, we moved to a downstairs room that we liked much better...seemed cleaner and newer, though I was told the other room was freshly painted. It was me and my 3 kids....14, 12, and 7....and we were told the pool was dirty due to the high winds. There was sand in the pool due to that but we didn't think it was "dirty". My kids loved it. It was cold from the wind so the heat from the pool was nice for them. We did have an issue with the first room we were in and the manager was very understanding and immediately moved us and came with me to inspect to make sure it was satisfactory to me. He was great! I also didn't expect the free wi-fi...a nice bonus! (albeit a bit slow.)

Room Tip: The downstairs rooms are more convenient to your parking and seemed cleaner.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Brockport, New York
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our family of four stayed at the Grand Prix for several years in the 1990s, and my husband and I just returned for a one-week stay, and we were once again very pleased with the accommodations. We love staying at the Grand Prix because of the access to the beach and the warm welcome by the owner. The owner is accessible at all hours and couldn't be more accommodating to our needs. Over the years he has made continuous improvements to the hotel. The young woman who cleaned our room was quick, but thorough; and again, very willing to help out with our every request. We stayed on the first floor, a few short steps from the very clean and very warm swimming pool; and the steps from the pool take you right down to the beautiful beach. There is a BBQ pit next to the pool so we were able to bring in our own food and eat right at the pool. Our room had a small kitchen with a large refrigerator, stove, and microwave, plus cooking and kitchen utensils; and there was another small refrig and microwave in the bedroom. We will always make the Grand Prix our Daytona home.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Oak Hill, New York
Reviewed 23 March 2012

my boyfriend and i stayed here during bikeweek 2012 and i cant say enough how tenitive bill was to us and all the bikers... we all had a place for are trailers and he made sure we had rooms were we could park are bikes next our doors... ... bill was there for anything that he needed.the cleaning girl was great she kept are room very clean made sure we had clean towels everyday.. she even spread out my blanket everyday on the bed it was nice..... Thank you for make are trip a good one..!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Ohio
Reviewed 23 March 2012

very nice and good price on room ,very friendly surounding ,very helpful owner, nice clean pool with full view of the ocean just feet away would stay there again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My family is staying here right now, and after the reviews I read on here I expected the place to be awful. We couldn't be happier. It is right on the beach, the pool is warm and clean, the owner and staff are very nice! I can't believe that anyone would think they could get any better of a deal on the beach. The value is outstanding and the location is terrific. If you want a great location and a clean room with no frills, this place is great.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank LizaMaine
Perry, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This by far is the worse place I have ever stayed, old and grundgy. No ammenities at all and you have to pay a deposit for your tv remote !!! The maintance man was drunk and creepy , if there was an ice machine we couldnt find it and they were putting in a new parking lot at 730 in the am with out notifing us. The air conditioner didnt work and every time we called the front desk there was no answer. Spend a little more and dont stay at the Bates motel 2.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Tamnpj
Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I normally don't bother writing reviews unless something is worth my time... This past weekend was by far the worst hotel experience of my life. We first entered the room only to be greeted by numerous mosquitoes. When we returned at 1 a.m. to go to sleep there was a roach on one of the headboards and there were yellow stains on the sheets. We packed our belongings and rang the bell for the office. I told the man that we wanted to check out right then and his first response was that we wouldn't get our money back. I told him I didn't care and I just wanted to get out of there and not have to bother returning later. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. Horrible place and horrible service.

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything... bugs, mosquitoes, dirty, humid rooms, yellow stains...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank nicoletini81