“A little seedy but does the job”

La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is one of the older La Quinta's I've been to. It's clean enough but a little old and rough around the edges. Very good deal though and not too far from the beach. Decent breakfast. The tub had some patches where the liner came off and one metal cover on the end came off and revealed a hole, but everything worked. Breakfast was decent and the service was nice. Swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We almost always travel with out dog and almost always stay at La Quinta Inns because they are pet-friendly. This one is one of the nicest. We have stayed here before and will stay here again. This time we got one of the newer rooms, It was clean and very comfortable. The woman at the front desk was very friendly (I think she was the manager) and let me check in early - which was much appreciated after a long drive with little sleep the night before. - not to mention (and I did not) I would have had to have waited for several hours in my car with my dog.

One of the other things I remember from staying at this motel in the past is that if you do not want maid service, they will put supplies like tp and towels in a bag on your door knob. We stayed only one night, this time, so I am not sure if they still do this, but regardless, I definitely recommend this La Quinta.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The staff were friendly and the room was fairly well maintained for such an old hotel. The problem arose when I went to shower this morning. The tub in our room needs desperately to be replaced. There are literally holes in the floor of the tub and the hard water stains gave it the appreance of having not been cleaned in quite a while. I will post a picture. I opted to wear my husband's flip-flops.
I frequently stay in LaQuinta hotels and am generally very satisfied, but this one was not up to par. Judging by the other reviews, perhaps it was just our bathroom. I would recommend that staff not book rm. 129 until the tub is replaced.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This motel is an older one that has been kept in really good shape. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable. The room we were in had two beds and lots of room. We use 2 small dog cages and, even with them in the room, there was plenty of space. I am particularly fussy about bathroom cleanliness and this one is great, some repairs but really clean. The hallways are kept vacuumed. The pool has had repairs done to it and is kept clean and sparkly. The only negative with the pool is the handrail that goes into the water-it needs a good scrubbing. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is the usual-waffles, a couple of types of cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, muffins, toast, mixed fruit, orange juice and yogurt. It is a dog-friendly motel with no charge for the dog. The outside is well maintained, grass kept cut, gardens weeded, parking lot lit and clean. There is free wifi in the rooms.

Room Tip: Upper floors have balconies, lower floors have the sliding glass doors permanently shut. We stayed...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This hotel is off Hwy 95, just up the road from the Daytona Speedway so it must be packed on race weekends, but I wonder how they survive the rest of the year? Don't know for sure, but glad they're here. It was the perfect location for business I had in the area.

Note: If you exit from 95 heading north, take the VERY NEXT right. You have to go through the Wing House parking lot to get to La Q.

This La Q looks like it gets a lot of traffic but it is well maintained with recent decor upgrade, flat screen HD, excellent beds and bedding, and the usual free breakfast. At $52/night for two doubles, an unqualified bargain.

My room had a toilet with a slight leak so it topped up occasionally and the bathtub drain was slow to empty but when I mentioned this to the front desk on leaving, he wrote it down immediately and said they would get right on it.

This is just an Inn, no Suites, which means (I don't get it) no free paper in the morning but there is a paper box at the entrance. As with all La Q's I have visited, management works overtime at keeping the place clean and updated.

Room Tip: Rooms are accessed through a central, inside hallway. Inner rooms face the pool and courtyard, outer...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2012

clean and pretty well maintained hotel - and great price if not a race week - staff was pleasant and even got us a frig for the room -

only issue was breakfast did not start till 7 on a sunday and we had to get moving before then

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Orangeburg, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The lady at the front desk was super nice and made me feel welcome. the rooms were nice and clean and the beds were very comfortable. Location is in reach of everything. It was worth more than what we paid. Very satisfied!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family