“Unbelievable Experience”

La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have stayed at many hotels, but never had an experience quite like this one. Staying for Daytona racing weekend in July, we expected to pay premium for a decent room and expected clean and comfortable. Yes, it was clean and comfy, but the staff was unbelievably awesome. We were in walking distance to the speedway (less than 10 minutes), but that was just topping on the cake compared to the great care the staff gave to us. Check in was fast, smooth, courteous and they gave a great gift bag to my 10 year old son for the race weekend FULL of really great candy and snacks. Then, the staff called us after we were in our room for about 15 minutes to make sure all was ok. THEN, the fantastic manager had a FREE burger/dog burn for all the guests the next morning complete with a DJ, beer/soft drinks and chips in the courtyard next to the pool....and then did a tribute to all veterans and gave handmade pins to them. There is so much more, but we couldn't BELIEVE how this staff and management went OUT of their WAY to make a great race weekend. Thank you!!!!! Already tried to make reservations for next year, but you are booked, of course.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

A La Quinta traveler
Plantation, Florida, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while waiting to depart on our cruise to the Bahamas. This place was clean and it smelled nice! The staff was so friendly. There was one great worker who actually called us after getting to our room to make sure everything was okay. She had all of the answers to our questions. There were vending machines down the hall and the hotel holds an overall nice atmosphere! it's also surrounded by a mall that includes a Michael's, Target, Toy's R Us and a plethora of other stores and restaurants!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I understand that my experience may be unique, but the way incidents were handled by this LaQuinta's staff probably is not. Just a list of things that may not be unique: housekeeping appears to simply refold towels and re-hang them (there was a stain on a towel that I purposely left folded on the bed for housekeeping and when I returned to the room afterward, the same towel was folded and hanging in the bathroom); the pillowcases were not clean; the wifi is very weak and not consistent (at least at the north end of the hotel); the floors are not cleaned (just walk around barefoot or in white socks for 15 minutes and you'll see); the breakfast is carb-heavy (waffles, muffins, donuts, breads); security is not tight, though you are led to believe so with all the keycard slots (local restaurants send people over to put menus under your door every day and don't seem to have a problem getting in), and the electrical outlets are nearly impossible to get to. Possibly unique experiences: housekeeping stole my food from fridge and in the room and removed a bag of my clothes and then told the front desk that I checked out early. I still had 1 day left. The staff found this quite amusing and laughed about the theft. The manager's response was to criticize my choice of foods and how I store my clothing, and comp me one night's stay. I did receive a credit of one night's stay; I never received my clothing.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was there last may, the a/c kept the room very warm. There was no way to do it work better. I was there only one night. Last october when I stayed there was far better. This time were no fridge in the room, whe my son asked thet told him we need to request it at the time of the reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a fridge, if you want to have a room with it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Enterprise, Alabama, USA
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My stay was very enjoyable; room/bathroom were both very clean; the hallways quiet; the grounds -- including the pool -- and interior clean and well-maintained. The staff was pleasant and both check-in and check-out were quick, seamless ... I'll be a repeat customer in any future travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel was not what we expected from a La Quinta. After seeing how close we were to the Daytona Race Track, I understand why the hotel appeared the way it did - dumpy. The location lended itself to not having to be the nicest since it had a captive audience for any race fans wanting to stay close to the track.

I did not feel it was the safest place either. It was tucked up against Rt 95 and beside a restaurant that had scantily clad girls out front trying to get folks to visit it, though I will say the restaurant was full outside. We had to drive thru the restaurant parking lot to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family