“Great Hotel if you are in a budget”

La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Hotel if you are in a budget”
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my wife while we were in bussiness at Daytona for 8 nights. First we got a terrific rate at $42.00 the night. The hotel room was clean, the beds were acceptable and the bathroom was always clean. The only thing was that the water pressure in the shower was not great, but hey that was no biggie. The hotel grounds were clean and well kept. The staff was always friendly and the continetal breakfast was ok. I recomend this hotel if, like me, you are in a tight budget. I have stayed at a lot of hotels like this and I can assure you this is one of the best in its class. Remember this is not the Ritz.

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Reviewed 14 April 2006

i went to this "hotel" if thats what passes for a hotel these days... and i was utterly and overly digusted. these people charged us for two nights when we showed up on one day at 5 in the morning and wanted to stay until 5 the next morning. alas it was not to be so. furthermore, their hotel had roaches, the shower had no curtains, the beds were uncomfortable, the so called complimentary continental breakfast was a deep imbelishment and was mor eof a CON-tinental, as in prison food! further more the vending machine stole my money, and, my car was spat on by some miscreant! i am utterly repulsed by this hotel, and i advise nobody to ever venture there ever!!!

TRUST ME ON THIS...

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Blankenberge, Belgium
Reviewed 10 August 2005

After reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor I thought this would be a good place to stay, but after looking at the hotel grounds and the room and the people hanging out around the hotel, I quickly cancelled my reservation and moved to another hotel in the area. I don't know if La Quinta on Speedway Blvd could even qualify as a "hotel" as it has a definite "motel" atmosphere.

The room, a king with fridge, was large but was also on ground floor. There was only a dead-bolt for the entrance door (no safety latch) and I did not like patio door that had alot of give, despite a "safety rod". When I brought this up to the Front Desk Manager she assured me there was security that patroled the grounds. However I insisted I did not feel safe.

Luckily I was able to cancel my reservation with no charge and I didn't have to argue with the front desk.

It may be an "okay" place to stay for some, but not for business travelers or families.

Stayed August 2005
9 Thank ktripping
Reviewed 12 August 2003

Clean, spacious rooms. Curtious service. I definately recommend this hotel.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member