“Needs maintenance”

La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway
Ranked #30 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 15 November 2006

Good points: friendly staff, hotel is nearby the interstate and easy to get to. Bad points: the toilet ran all night, the bathtub was clogged and I was up to my ankles in water by the end of my shower, and the room smelled like urine after a while because of the toilet running. Also, there was no trash can in the room. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank stirred
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Daytona Beach/International Speedway

Reviewed 5 October 2006

I have had good experiences in La Quintas in other locations. This experience had a ominous start in that when I first arrived an irate customer who claimed he had been trying to get his room cleaned for three days was screaming into the office phone working his way up the food chain from assistant manager to manager to corporate manager, and no one was helping him. This tied the clerk up for about 10 minutes before she turned to me, finally letting him rant unassisted into the phone.
After that check in was effecient and friendly.
The hallway was kind of dingy, but sparkling compared to the room.
When I'm tired and getting a coupon rate I'm not too picky as long as the air conditioner works which this one did in spades.
But beyond that it was not pleasant.:
1) The fan in the bathroom did not work and the smell in their was rank.
2) The door closed so that it appeared closed but did not actually latch (not a big deal as I always check those things)
3) The patio door was almost impossible to open and close.
4) But the big thing was the mold. Now I've come to expect mold in low cost motels in Florida, but this was above and beyond. The picture on the wall was mold encrusted.
The last two feet of carpet before the patio door was pure white (it's a blue-gray carpet). I so wish I had my digital camera with me. The ceiling, especially by the main door, was pocked with mold.

Almost comically the complimentary Travelhost magazine ended June 2006. I left it out and the maid nicely returned it to it's drawer.

On the plus side, the high speed internet offered both wireless and plug in options and was flawless.
The room key was programmed correctly the first time (a rarer and rarer occurence for me)
The pool and jacuzzi and area were surprisingly clean and nice, although a hotter jacuzzi would have been nice, but that's me.

All in all I'll pop a few extra bucks for a nicer place next time through.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank TopherB
Reviewed 3 October 2006

This hotel is not on the ocean. It is on interstate 95. I don't understand what these people are talking about "with an ocean view". The room was dirty and mold was everywhere. Not just all over the bathroom, but also on the walls in the room itself. This was a very disappointing La Quinta.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank vakmom
Reviewed 28 August 2006

My husband and I needed a place to stay along I-95 while driving from South Florida to NY. We have a dog and needed a place that accepted pets. We found the motel to be clean and the grounds were adequately maintained. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our room king bed room was large and had a refrigerator. The bathroom was very clean. The free breakfast was defintely adequate to get us going in the morning (bagels, muffins, cereals, juice, coffee, etc). The local newspaper was free. We got a great price through AARP and an even cheaper rate with a coupon on our return trip. The motel definitely met our needs.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank mgk1951
Reviewed 27 July 2006

The room appeared clean, however, there was a cigarette burn on the inside of the comforter and the sheer curtains that were hanging up to the sliding glass door was filthy! We were unable to see the curtains at check in because it was night. We did report it to the front desk upon check out.
Overall, the room was ok. We picked up a Travelers Hotel Discount book at one of the Rest Areas in Florida and was able to get the room for less than the internet rate.

Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank MiamiTraveler2
A TripAdvisor Member
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 June 2006

I stayed at this hotel with my wife while we were in bussiness at Daytona for 8 nights. First we got a terrific rate at $42.00 the night. The hotel room was clean, the beds were acceptable and the bathroom was always clean. The only thing was that the water pressure in the shower was not great, but hey that was no biggie. The hotel grounds were clean and well kept. The staff was always friendly and the continetal breakfast was ok. I recomend this hotel if, like me, you are in a tight budget. I have stayed at a lot of hotels like this and I can assure you this is one of the best in its class. Remember this is not the Ritz.

Stayed: June 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
miami, florida
Reviewed 14 April 2006

i went to this "hotel" if thats what passes for a hotel these days... and i was utterly and overly digusted. these people charged us for two nights when we showed up on one day at 5 in the morning and wanted to stay until 5 the next morning. alas it was not to be so. furthermore, their hotel had roaches, the shower had no curtains, the beds were uncomfortable, the so called complimentary continental breakfast was a deep imbelishment and was mor eof a CON-tinental, as in prison food! further more the vending machine stole my money, and, my car was spat on by some miscreant! i am utterly repulsed by this hotel, and i advise nobody to ever venture there ever!!!

TRUST ME ON THIS...