“Great Christmas Vacation”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This new hotel was a perfect choice for our Christmas vacation to Daytona Beach! The ocean front room was wonderful and just what we needed to beat the "winter blues"! The staff was friendly and accomdating! We hope to return someday!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KimEskew, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; we have a great team here - enough to cheer the winter blues out of anyone. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with us and I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again sooner than someday!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I booked the HI/Daytona Beach North for family members visiting from up North and celebrating an anniversary. The hotel staff allowed me to decorate their room before their arrival and they were so eager to help with making their stay extra special. My guests really enjoyed their corner ocean front view in a very clean and comfortable room, the complimentary breakfast and they highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Thanks for providing my family with a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Ocean front corner room is quiet and provides an awesome view/sounds of the ocean/beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for allowing us to share such a special day in their year with them, and are hopes and wishes for many more together! I'm pleased they enjoyed their stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; we strive to exceed every guests expectations and it sounds like we were able to just. I do hope your travels bring your family, and possibly even you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

After searching on TripAdvisor for "kid friendly hotel in Daytona Beach, FL", this hotel came up as #1 for families. So we decided to give it a try.
We were only staying one night, basically a little getaway for our family, so were willing to cough up a little more money then we'd normally pay if we were staying multiple nights. We got the queen junior suite, city view (ocean view were all booked).
The room was very clean, and new. It was actually two rooms, with the bathroom and closet in between the room with two queen beds, and the living area, that had a pull out couch bed and desk area. There was ample room for the kids to run around and get crazy. We had a little balcony that faced the street, but we didn't even go out there at all.
I ended up on the couch bed (we have little kids so sleeping arrangements always get a little mixed up!) and I have to say, it was pretty comfortable. More so then our couch bed at home!
The other beds were super comfy (I was told) and everything was nice and clean.
The big seller for us was the pool area. The pool itself is heated, and for us Floridians, it is a necessity if you plan on getting in anytime between October - February. There is also a cute little splash park for the littler kids, that you can just lay back and observe them, and maybe actually relax for a little bit without having to be IN the water yourself! These areas are all completely fenced in, which is great. Everything is facing the ocean, with a nice glass fence/wall between you and the beach. We really liked this. Anyone who has spent time at the beach, you know that the wind can be really annoying sometimes, blowing sand all around while you're relaxing at the pool. This wall let us see and hear the ocean without the sand blowing in our eyes, pool area and the rest.
There is a great free breakfast 6:00 - 10:00 a.m. and an awesome coffee, tea, cocoa station 24/7 up at the front desk. We loved that feature!
The front desk employees were very nice and helpful, even gave me a free take-home corkscrew for my wine that I brought but didn't have a way to open.
The boardwalk area was only about a mile down the road, a quick drive. Beware: there is not a lot of parking out that way! But there are lots of great restaurants and shops there. Worth a trip, for sure. NOTE: the hotel has a binder in the room with some nearby restaurants. Check it BEFORE you go to eat! We realized too late that the place we ate dinner (Cruisin' Cafe) had a discount in the book for 20% off when you mentioned the ad. I noticed other places had the same type thing, so be sure to look at it before you head out!
This a great hotel for the price. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean-view room if you can.
1  Thank carleegirl74

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your extensive feedback and positive comments; it really does help us become an even better property and know what is important to our guests. Some don't understand why there is no rear entrance to our property but it's people with young children that help me with just that -- I'm glad you were able to sit back and relax while your children played with out fear of them "escaping". Next time you are up this way if you go down by the board walk there is a large parking garge across the street from the Ocean Center there with 2 hour parking lining the streets as well. There is also a large dirt pay and go lot at the north end of the boardwalk; both of these are always open and helpful if you have trouble finding street parking. Your so close, I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a new hotel in Daytona and everything looks like it. We had a corner ocean view room and it was large, modern and comfortable. The fitness room had new equipment, the breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast and the staff was very friendly. I would totally recommend this hotel for your next Daytona Beach ocean stay you will be happy.

Room Tip: The corner ocean view rooms are less expensive than the oceanfront rooms but you still get a beautif...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; I'm glad you were able to keep up with you fitness routine while you were with us, itn't the view of the pool deck and beach from in there very motivating? I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was my families second stay at this Hampton INN. Hotel is up to Hampton standards. We had two rooms but unlike our first stay in which they automatically gave us adjoining rooms this time I called and requested it and they wanted to increase our rate to the rack rate. I declined and it was a minor inconvenience but overall we were very satisfied. On our previous stay we had two oceanfront rooms but this time we had one oceanfront and one larger ocean side view. The side ocean view is about twice the size of the oceanfront and we were very happy with it.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm pleased you enjoyed your second stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; yes sometimes changing room types to get adjoining rooms when someone books two different room types is difficult, your stay back in August we weren't sold out like we were for the Holidays. I am glad you were able to take advantage of that grand opening special we ran though and that we were able to get you directly across the hall from your family. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family really loved this hotel and I would definitely recommend it. The room was nice, clean and hotel was recently updated. The complimentary breakfast was good and offered different choices each day of our stay- the lobby had complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate 24/7 and was constantly refilled. I cannot say enough good things about the staff- everyone that we encountered from the lobby to the kitchen to housekeeping was friendly and accommodating. We were even offered heated towels to take down to the beach with us the first evening that we arrived. We had a very pleasant stay!

FYI:

We stayed in late December 2013 and the temperature highs were in the late 60's/early 70's during our stay.

- The beach wasn't too crowded during our stay- there were several times that we went out and there were only a couple of other people within view. It became a bit more crowded the closer we got to the weekend.

- The pool was also very nice even though it was cool. We went swimming early in the day and later in the evening and even with the temperature in the 50's, the pool was still warm enough to be comfortable.

- Parking was free and on-site. We had parking available right in front of the hotel. Apparently, many of the other beach front hotels in the area do not have free parking.

- I definitely recommend getting an ocean front room- the view (and sound of the ocean) is spectacular!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view of the ocean- the pool area is on the ocean side so if you aren'...
1  Thank TravelMom_SL

I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your detailed feedback and positive comments; we strive to exceed every guests expectations and it sounds like we were able to that. Our pool is a comfortable 83 degrees right now and we adjust it as the weather fluctuates; I'm glad the air temperatures were that so you were able to comfortably use it. Our outdoor spaces: the pool, jacuzzi, and fire pit, kids splash park, tiki area, etc are definitely some of my favorite amenities we offer, just a great space out there with amazing views. I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I use Hampton Inns whenever possible. This one is a nice choice. Breakfast was not as good as my previous stays at other Hamptons, but the rest of the hotel was up to standards.

We would use this inn again and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We used a corner room and had a good view down the beach at an angle. We had planned to spend our ti...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the new Hampton Inn. Thank you for your feedback and positive comments; we are in the process of changing most if not all of our food products as Hampton is changing what we offer based on current pannels they are running. Hopefully by the time you stay with us again Hampton will have settled on some new and perfectly wonderful choices to better meet you needs. I'm so excited about all the new fresh items they are now allowing us and can't wait to see what is coming next to the menu! I do hope your travels bring you back to Daytona Beach and to stay with us again soon!