“GREAT”

Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
iowa
“GREAT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

The rooms were okay and clean. Over all the entire resort could use a new paint job with more modern colors. The property is very clean. Parking is a problem that needs consideration. Vans and SUV's can make it in and out in the parking ramp if you can make a 30 point turn. The beach is not accessable from the resort at all for persons with disabilites. You have to drive to a ramp to get there with a wheel chair. How hard would it be to put in a ramp.

• Liked — Cool
  • Disliked — No Ramp
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Coke08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2008

We have just returned from out stay at Perry's Ocean Edge Resort, and had a wonderful time. The room was spacious...and the view was spectacular! (We were on the top floor.) The staff was very accomodating. Whatever we asked for, we got almost immediately. The continental breakfast of just doughnuts could be updated, but they were good. Yes, it is an old hotel....and yes, the rooms may be a little outdated, and the parking was quite hectic. But, our family found it to be very quaint and met our needs nicely. We will stay here again, if ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Columbus, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

We stayed in an oceanfront room at Perry's. We were in room 316. which I do reccommend. The view of the ocean is amazing as well as a beautiful view of the whole resort itself. The homemade donuts in the morning are wonderful. We could not wait until breakfast the next morning. The rooms are clean, a little dated. The facility is family friendly. There is an idoor pool as well and the trees and landscaping are beautiful around it. The indoor hot tub is really nice and very hot! Just what we had been hoping for! We loved the property. There is St Augustine grass all around the property and not all sand. We will be going back to Perry's again this summer. This is a really nice place. The only disadvantage to the whole experience was the parking.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank ndpmom1999
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2008

We stayed at Perry's just after the Memorial weekend, It was fantastic, We also stayed in motels in Orlando, and Clearwater Beach, and all 4 of our family rated Perry's their favorite. Service was top notch, facilities were top notch, couldn't have asked for better. Had excellent ocean front room on the 5th floor, in the north tower , enjoyed the grass area beetween hotel and beach, the shuffleboard was fun, along with other yard games available. Nice beach area, not to crowded, just right for the family.

• Liked — Location on beach and family friendly
  • Disliked — liked everthing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2008

I come to this hotel during my honeymoon. It is much better than I expected. Excellent customer service and fast response. Indeed, I traveled all around the world and this place is among the fastest to respond ever. i called for a battery for my remote control and they brought it to me within 2 minutes. I called for additional towels and I received them right after I hanged up.

- I booked my room directly through them, which turned out to be a great thing. I was looking through Travelocity, Expedia, and Orbitz. Then I called the hotel to ask about amenities. I told them the best rate I got through Travelocity, and they immediately gave me a lower rate. the other advantages are (1) that I didn't have to pay more than one day in advance and the rest is when I check out which is better than travelocity which asks for the whole amount in advance, (2) that they gave me a king-bed room which was not available through Travelocity because the hotel has only few of these.
- The check-in is as easy as it gets.
-I booked oceanfront room and it was awesome.
-The free internet access is convenient.
-They have free donuts in the morning until 10 am. We ate there when we were not super hungry and we went to Denny's down the street when we were hungry.
- It is located in a nice part of Daytona beach, not very crowded bot not deserted either.
- We enjoyed the swimming pools which were always clean and warm.
- There is a nice grocery store across the street and an awesome ice cream place two blocks further. It was probably the best ice cream I have ever had.
- I will definitely stay here again!
- My only complaint is the small parking lot. It gets crowded in the weekend but it is ok during the week. They have another parking lot across the street, but it is inconvenient to cross the street every time.

• Liked — price, location, cleanness and service
  • Disliked — Parking lot
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RIB_Binghamton
Columbus
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

I researched my vacation through tripadvisor and saw this place is ranked pretty high and is not terribly expensive.I had spent a good deal of money on the first 5 nights in Daytona on a nice hotel and wanted to save a few bucks for the final 2 nights, so I choose this place.

Let me start off by saying its right on the beach, and there is a Winn Dixie grocery right across the street. (I prefer the Publix right down the road). Which is nice

But the room I had was an absolute dump, I stayed in the rooms overlooking the indoor pools. I've read other reviews that described renovated rooms, NOT this one. The room stunk, my neighbors were incredibly loud and the air conditioner blew either extemely cold leaving the room an ice box or extremley warm, no in between. And the staff in my opinion seemed very rude and clear they hated their jobs.

Stay clear of this place, if you have small kids and are on a budget it may be worth it, but if your younger couples STAY AWAY, there are many other options on the shoreline that our much cheaper, learn from my mistakes.

• Liked — close to the beach
  • Disliked — the room was a dump and stunk
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank buckeyes08
Havana, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

Nice Family Friendly Place. The staff went out of there way to be helpful and friendly.

Great beachfront. It was fun to hang out on a grass landscaped area and walk down to the sand rather than spending all day on the sand. Tiki bar was important to us as were the lunches that they delivered to us at our shuffelboard courtside table every day.

Average room accomodations ( we were in the older section)

complimentry doughnuts every morning were fun.

THE SHUTTLE LAUNCH WAS AWESOME !!! < no doubt planned just for our visit ;) >

• Liked — easy to hang out at the beach
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family