“I would definitely stay again”
Review of Plaza Resort & Spa

Plaza Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Windermere, Florida
“I would definitely stay again”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had a great experience. The pool area was really nice with an outside bar for food and cocktails. Walking distance to all the bars at night. Great breakfast buffet which was very inexpensive. Very nice hotel with comfortable beds. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank LK1LK1
Jim B, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thanks so much for the awesome trip experience you posted about your recent stay with us. Your positive observations about our hotel and our food/beverage were a pleasure to read and we appreciate the positive comments. I've shared your comments with the hotel management team. We look forward to you returning again soon.

Jim Berkley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Finnish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

The view of the ocean from this hotel is amazing! We got upgraded to a ocean facing room and I was very impressed! The room itself was super nice, no complaints at all! We loved bring so close to the ocean. The woman at the pool bar was amazing, the inside hotel bar sucked and was over priced. The ice machine was broken but with a fridge in the room we didn't need it. There are some cosmetic updates that need to be fixed. Overall we would totally stay there again!

• Stayed October 2012
Jim B, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review you posted about your stay with us. We are delighted our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the positive comments. Thanks for noting s few conditions that weren't up to par and we will ensure these are resolved right away. I've shared your comments with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Reviewed 14 October 2012 via mobile

We just stayed at the Plaza Resort this past weekend. I was a little worried because I read mixed reviews. The only two complaints I did have was the fact that the lobby area smells very musty all the time, almost like the place was flooded. The other complaint was there was no water pressure in the shower on he 12th floor. I could barely wash the shampoo out of my hair. But other than that, the hotel was in a great location from everything. They ended up having an air show this weekend, so that was a bonus. I would still stay there again. I liked the common areas, and he pool area was very nice.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike S
We appreciate the positive remarks you posted about your stay with us. We are pleased our staff and hotel provided a great experience for you and we appreciate the nice comments. I've shared your comments with our team. We do hope to have you as a guest again one day!

Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Me and my fiance just stayed at the plaza and let me say, what a waste of money! 129.99 was the supposed price and plus tax it was 144.00, then they add another 15$ on top of that for a resort fee. We arrived early and decided to eat but the guy down stairs said the resturaunt was closed with no explanation. We get to the room to find menus for room service and find out the resturaunt closes at 9pm but its only 7:30. Maybe there has been a mistake so we call downstairs and ask why the food services are closed and the desk guy says he doesnt know, when he arrived at work, thats how it was. Hmm? I also asked not to charge my card as I would pay cash the folowing morning and of coarse the charged the card anyway and the robust lady downstairs got rude with us when I asked her to refund the money back on the card. This is after we waited for her attention while she cut paper into little squares. Luxury hotel? Please. The only good was the view of the ocean. Also they offer no in room movies. No food, no movies? 160 a night??? Avoid this old dirty over priced hotel, where the staff idle in the hallways talking and not getting out of the way when you walk by. This place is a rip off and they are rude, and seem under staffed and have no professionalism.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Chris O
Thank you for your candid remarks about our hotel. It seems that although many features of our property met your expectations there were some conditions you were unhappy with. I have just taken over as the new General Manager of this hotel and sincerely will address all of your noted issues. The entire team at the Plaza Resort and Spa Hotel are dedicated to providing excellent service with a first class hotel product delivery thus it is very disappointing to hear we failed to deliver our promise in some ways during your stay. We apologize again and do hope we are able to to have you as a guest in the future if you travel to Daytona again.

Regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on two different occasions. The first time they gave us a room and when we got there it was already occupied with other people. Not a great start. The check in was completely unorganized with long lines and a slow computer system. They then upgraded us to a better room with a jacuzzi and a great view. My girlfriend and I were in the jacuzzi when someone came walking into are room. Should've known better from my previous experience.

A few years later I thought I would give this hotel a second chance where I requested an ocean front room on a high front and ended up on the lowest floor in a handicap room. I don't ever complain with things like this but it was a special weekend and my request to be moved could not be filled.

Spend a little extra and stay at the Hilton or Wyndam. Same great view much better experience.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Scott S
new lothrop
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Second time for us at the Plaza
We found it very enjoyable once more! Its in a great location,
with a beautiful beach, a huge pool, and most important a courteous staff. The rooms are large
and very clean! Try the restaurant,the food is excellent.

Jeanie

Room Tip: Try for ocean side, the surf sounds are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Wyndham Ocean Walk
#20 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Plaza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!