“Very disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here on 08/02/13
I've stayed here before, and usually, the hotel is clean, well-kept, and the staff is ALWAYS great!!... However.... This time, the room had hairs in the sinks, the tub, and all over the floor that DIDN'T belong to me or anyone in my party. There was also a nasty sock left on the balcony for me to discover. When I mentioned the hair to the lady at the front desk, she didn't seem fazed, but the sock on the balcony seemed to fix that. On the good side, Carrie at the bar was AWESOME!!! Would I stay here again? Probably not.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor... go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Finnish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Like many reviews, we have stayed at many hotels on Daytona Beach, the Plaza is among some of the better choices but you will pay a little more. Daily fees include parking and resort ammenities, didn't see too many ammenities but you are close enough to the Pier to enjoy it's offerings. The room was updated and comfortable but can tell the maintenance is not a priority, chipped paint, exposed wires, small stains on the carpet. The grounds needed attention, simple things like picking up trash/food in the pool area would make a difference. Most of all the elevators need some renovation, during the day it was nothing to wait 20 minutes for an elevator coming and going! Loved the easy access to the beach and pool and appreciated the pool bar but don't try to bring your own cooler to the pool!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Blondiekat45,

Thank you very much for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. WE are taking steps to improve room maintenance and will be also working on improving the elevators. Your comments are important to us as we continue to improve.

Astor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Super staff makes you feel at home. Don't have to leave the hotel. Great restaurant and lounge. New years celebration was super. Can't wait to return. Have stayed at numerous beach hotels and this rates at the top. Never used car the entire weekend. Walked the beach and visit local shops.

Room Tip: Waterfront rooms are the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear 258Russell,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your recognition of our staff is greatly appreciated. We have a great location and wonderful product. Don't wait too long to return!

Kingsland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Daytona, and the Plaza is one of the best. We just returned from a three night stay in a king ocean front room. The room was so much bigger than most hotel rooms. We never felt crowded. The bathroom is small, but besides that, everything was great. We had a roomy patio that provided access to the pool area and beach. We have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, but this was our first time staying on the first floor. I really liked being able to just walk out from the patio and go straight to the pool. The elevators at beachfront resorts are always crowded, so it was nice to avoid them.
The location of the Plaza is perfect. It is within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. Once we parked, we did not use our vehicle again. Beach driving ends just before the edge of the resort, so you do not have to worry about vehicle traffic.
The pool area is great. There is an outside bar that offers snacks and drinks. There are plenty of beach chairs, so even on a crowded weekend you did not worry about having a place to sit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele W
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Michellew,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our first floor rooms. You are correct about our rooms being larger than most standard hotel rooms and our location is often mentioned as being the best in Daytona Beach. We hope to welcome you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I've stayed here several times now and I always wish I could stay just a few more days.the rooms are amazing and so is everything in the hotel,great location to go anywhere!i recommend it to everyone who would like to visit Daytona beach!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Kodybead,

Thanks for your endorsement and review! We are delighted that you enjoyed our hotel. We do have a great location and a wonderful staff. Our historic hotel with up to date features and amenities is a great alternative on the beach. We hope that you will return soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

There really isn't many choices for nice hotels on Daytona Beach, and we've tried several. The Plaza has a nice lobby, and the pool area is just a bit above average, but room wise, nothing to write home about. Service is better than the Shores. But to be honest, if you are looking for a really nice beachfront location, drive 25 miles north and give Palm Coast a try.

Room Tip: Book ocean front, and nothing else!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rryan313131
Bob V, General Manager at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear rryan3131,

Thanks very much for the review. We appreciate all of your comments and will use them to continuously improve. Glad you found our service superior to the Shores. We hope that you will return soon and often.

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I read the reviews before selecting this place, I call it "place" because its far from what it is advertised as. Also was recommended to this place and really was excited about my weekend on the beach with my girlfriend. Upon arrival, I was notified of a resort fee, still trying to figure the resort part out, 2 haircutting chairs in the basement doesn't sell me on a resort/spa status. Then reading previous reviews I noticed complaints of things that were fixed, they weren't I could still see re-bar and major cracks on the balconies near mine. The staff was good, no doubt about that with willing to help in any way possible to accommodate the complaints with free drinks and room changes. I was a little however taken back by two things and it will be mentioned to anything that asks about my stay. I found an empty beer can in my garbage and a panty liner behind my toilet on the wall. Lastly, ocean view room and ocean front view should be discussed prior to check-in. There wasn't an ocean front option when I made the reservation so I assumed that ocean view was the only option. When the rest of my party checked in they didn't select a ocean view and could see more of the ocean than I could from my higher priced room. I can say this place was cleaner than the city itself and did offer a good entrance to the beach. However I will not be staying here again on my return visits to Daytona Beach and will be advising any of my other military friends and family to book elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charles T
Dear Charles T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all comments good or bad and will work hard to improve. Our Spa is really full service with multiple stations for hair, nails, pedicures and 10 different teatment rooms for a variety of massage treatments. We also have a steam room and a jacuzzi style tub.
No excuse for the items found in your room. We made a mistake in the cleaning and inspection process.
Our rooms a variety of views with Eastern(Ocean Front), Southern(partial Ocean view) and City View(view of the city scape and in higher rooms the intra-coastal). Of course what floor your on also has a big impact on views.