“Great stay!”

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Highly recommend! Although the hotel is a little dated, it is very clean and the staff is very nice. Located a few blocks away from the boardwalk makes it a great place to stay with many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
David H S, Director of Rooms at Plaza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Good Morning Trip Advisor Member:

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us and the trip advisor community of your excellent stay with us.
My staff and I take your comments very seriously and use your feedback to improve as well as recognize our team for the excellent service that they provide.

The team and I look forward to next stay.

Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
  • Finnish first
Avon Park, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The Plaza offers clean affordable lodging w/lots to do on premises. It's also close enough to boardwalk activities yet far enough away to allow a quieter environment. Great location. Bathrooms lack a vanity to set toiletries or clothing, but are clean.

Good Morning Ann J:

Thank you for your recent stay at our Plaza Resort and Spa, and for taking the time to give us an excellent trip advisor review.
We are pleased that your stay was very good, and look forward to making your next stay with us
excellent.

Your business is appreciated and we look forward to your soon return.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Deadbolt could not be used, called the front desk; they advised they would send someone up to fix right away. Since it was 11:00pm I advised they could do it in the morning. They showed up around 8:30am the next morning. The sliding door to the patio was very difficult to use but we are strong & worked it out. A/C worked fine, shower pressure was good though I wished they had at least wiped down the shower more. Overall clean, bed was comfortable for me but my daughter thought the bed was to hard. Pool was nice. We both enjoyed a "bucket" @ $15 each but it had 5 different types of rum, it was ver yummy! The hotel is old but it is in a great location. We would stay again but ask for a room that is not located overlooking the parking lot even though you can see the beach - just to noisy and we were on the 8th floor in room 812.

Room Tip: You can see the ocean from most rooms but don't get a room facing parking
Green Features: Need places for plastic bottles & empty beer containers ( I don't drink beer but lot of people enjoying an adult beverage pool side).
1 Thank DebbieGW61
Dear Debbie GW61:

Thank you for taking the time to inform us and the trip advisor community of your excelelnt stay at our Plaza Resort and Spa. We are delighted and pleased that your Mother Daughter week-end was excellent.

Please take an opportunity to review our plaza resort and spa for the many spa and rooms specials offered, and we look forward to your next Mother and Daughter get-away.

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent stay. The staff was great! Tyson the supervisor was awesome. The breakfast restaurant there was very good. Nice amenities. Prompt service. Clean rooms. The bar staff was great also. Great location close to everything on the strip.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny C
Dear Jenny C:

Thank you for the trip advisor review.

I will share with Tyson your comments with regards to the excellent customer service he provided.

Thank you for you business Jenny C and have an excellent day.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This resort was very friendly, comfortable and had a lot of things to do. The pool bar had some great drinks and food. I noticed there were plenty of activities for kids. There was a fire pit to sit by at night that looked nice. The restaurant food was very tasty. We had a room on the side of the resort and could still view the beach. Loved sitting on the balcony and looking at the beach. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this resort to others.

Room Tip: Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was on the compact side, but it was only 2 of us, so it was fine...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cindy S
Dear Cindy S:

Good Morning and thank you for your excellent trip advisor review.
We are pleased and excited that your week-end get away was excellent, and thank you for sharing with us.

Please take an opportunity to visit our Plaza Resort and Spa site for our latest rooms and spa specials. The team and I look forward to your next week-end getaway

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel this past weekend- great hotel but more importantly the customer service! Every staff member was extremely helpful! From the Valet guy (can't remember your name- you used to work at the Hilton- I am the Hospitality suite girl!) to Pat Porter who works in housekeeping. Upon returning home I thought I left a very valuable necklace- Pat went above and beyond to help me find it - only to find out I have it in my possession! Thank you Pat and the whole Plaza staff!

Holly Thompson

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Highjumping:

Good Morning and thank you for your excelelnt review on trip advisor.

Thank you for your busines Highjumping and have an excellent day.

orlando
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We reserved a room for one night for Father's day weekend 3 months ago. When we tried to check in, they had made us aware that they had overbooked their hotel and that our room was given to someone else. I even called the day before to confirm our reservation. They did manage to arrange a night for us in a LOWER QUALITY hotel next door and offered us two bar drink vouchers. Woopie Doo! They could of at least arranged a room in a hotel with same standards or better. We at least deserved that.

Very unprofessional of them not to have the courtesy to call and inform us of the cancellation.

I'm not sure of what their hotel was like inside, but will not be returning and will not be referring friends and family to this hotel.

Room Tip: Wish we could, but the hotel didn't allow us to enjoy their facility due to poor management and...
5 Thank bonzandmya
Dear Bonzandmye:

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your recent stay at our resort.

My sincere apologies that your stay was not excellent, and I have reached out to you by email to personally apologize for the less than excellent stay. Unfortunatley, I have been unable to reach you and will continue to reach out.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Wyndham Ocean Walk
#20 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Plaza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!