“Part of the family” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Gurley, Alabama
“Part of the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I checked into the Hyatt. From the first moment I felt comfortable. The check in took no time and we even got a room on the top floor. The room was very nice with a good size shower and a comfortable room. Both the view to the ocean as well as the one toward the town were great. We were treated with a beautiful sunrise in the morning and a wonderful sunset in the evening. The staff was extremely friendly taking time for a good conversation. Breakfast was delicious and fresh. One morning they served croissants topped with eggwhites, mushrooms, spinach, and cheese, and the next morning sausage -, and bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits.They offered fresh yoghurt and fruits, bagels and danishes and much more. We had a wonderful week there. The only thing you wanna do if you need anything in your room, like addtional shampoo, you have to make sure you write it on the note left in the bathroom, otherwise they do not bring any additional items.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room toward the beach if you want both a view to the beach and the town and also, t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank GiselaF
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
GiselaF- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront, and thank you for sharing your photos of our property as well!

We are glad that during your stay you felt as though you were part of the family, that means a lot to us. Every staff member here strives to provide top notch service and I am glad you were able to experience that!

We are also excited to hear you enjoyed our complimentary A.M. Kitchen Skillet Breakfast and I agree about our great location. Not only are you treated to a beautiful sunrise every morning but also a sunset over the Inlet that will blow you away.

Once again, thank you for being a valued guest here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was an unexpected stay, as we were driving back from West Palm Beach when my son started to feel ill and we realized that a lengthy car ride wouldn't be in our best interests. We were in the Daytona area and hit up Priceline to give us a nice hotel in the area. We got much more than we bargained for.

The lobby - and the whole hotel - came off hip and modern. The front desk staff, while seemingly a little rusty with the reservation system, were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. Sometimes there's just this feeling I get when you use Priceline that the front desk sees it that you somehow drop down a level to them below the "traditional" customers, but I never got that here.

The locks were sensor locks (hold your key in front of the lock instead of inserting it) which can be handy when your hands are full. Our room had a little balcony and a full view of the ocean - really beautiful. There was a sitting area in the room near the balcony where there was a couch (that folded out into a bed if needed) and was somewhat separated from the rest of the room by a partial wall. My son felt better immediately (I don't know how sick he really was - I think he just didn't want his vacation to end). We ended up eating dinner at the bar and again the front desk staff (who doubled as the bar staff) were extremely friendly. All of their food was available 24/7, but no "room service" - you just had to pick it up from the bar. The food was decently priced and there was a nice, upscale casual selection.

There seemed to be a lack of parking overall (not that we had an issue, but might arise during the busier seasons), but I was told that there was additional parking at another local facility and I was given a parking pass "just in case", so that was nice (although something to note for future visits). The pool was nice but was not heated, so we went in for about 15 seconds. There was also a whirlpool which was heated, but it only ran from "dawn to dusk" which was a shame since I would have loved to enjoy either the pool or whirlpool at night with the ocean in the background but the temperature prevented that. The beach & ocean were easily accessible through the pool area.

All in all, a wonderful stay at a very nice property. We were lucky to have stayed there, and hope to come back again some day.

4 Thank MrWorkrate
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
MrWorkrate- Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad to hear your customer service experience was exceptional. No matter what source a booking comes from, each guest receives the great service Hyatt is know for.

Thank you for the great comments on the rooms and and the 24 hour food selection available here. I am also glad our staff showed you the great customer service Hyatt is know for.

As far as parking, we have secured a good amount of spots across the street for when we are full. And we are addressing the heater in the pool.

Once again I thank you for sharing your experience, we are always looking to make our guests as comfortable as possible. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

The view is outstanding, anywhere you sit in the lounge you see the ocean. We stayed there for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. Upon check in the front desk went an extra step and pointed out the various amenities in the hotel. Let me break down our stay into pros/cons.
Pros: The room was nice and clean and smelled wonderful. The wifi works great too. The breakfast was good as well. Even though it was crowded they made all possible efforts to replenish everything as fast as possible. Their cafe is another feather in their cap. They serve hot items and drinks made to order. Their pastries were fresh too. The gallery staff was very friendly, warm and welcoming. They greeted us every time we walked by.
Cons: The housekeeping staff. During the 5 days the room was never vacuumed. Once we left the linen replace card on the bed and it never happened. Ran out of Kleenex in the bathroom but was never replaced even when we place the empty box right there in plain view.
The elevators make strange noises as well. The pool is not heated.
Overall apart from the issues with the housekeeping staff I would say our stay was quiet pleasant.

2 Thank ChiSoodz
ChiSoodz- Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach Oceanfront! I want to start by saying thank you for the wonderful comments on the hotel. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of the hotel, keeping our breakfast hot and fresh for our guests and especially customer service.

I would also like to address the cons of your stay. We are sorry for the housekeeping issues you experienced. Please know I am going to bring this up with the housekeeping staff because like I mentioned, we take pride in keeping a clean facility. We are also addressing the elevator noises and the pool heater as well. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, we are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience.

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to hosting you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Where to begin?

I LOVE everything about this place. The view is amazing. They have a wonderful lounge, pool and jacuzzi. The staff was always there when I needed them. Also they have an awesome restaurant. one night I was starving and all the restaurants were closed in Daytona Beach. I entered the hotel and was surprised when the hotel's restaurant was still open. I had a perfectly baked pizza that was made in front of me. I will definitely be here for my next vacation.

I tottaly recommend this place to anyone who wants a reasonably priced hotel with great features.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Abdullah198
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Abdullah198- Wow, thank you so much for your recent review of the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am glad to hear that not only where you pleased with our staff and 24 hour food menu, but our outside area as well. Our Oceanfront Pool Deck complete with hot tub is my favorite area of the hotel. It is relaxing, fun and features some amazing views!

Thank you once again fro sharing your experience! We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

My Family stayed here for one night. The hotel appeared new and was very clean. The room clean and smelled nice. It had a balcony with an ocean view. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good also. The pool and hot tub were clean, but cold weather prevented their use. Right on the beach with a gated entrance to the sand. Ample parking. Area around hotel was sketchy but the hotel was not.

2 Thank Andrew B
Andrew B- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad to see the word "clean" so many times during your review. Our staff works hard here to provide the best and cleanliest hotel in the area. I am sorry the weather did not work in your favor during your stay. Hopefully you visit us again soon and the sun is nice and bright for you!

Once again, thank you! We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Palm Coast, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Everything you would expect from a modern upscale short stay hotel including an excercise room, a computer area for folks who didn't bring their laptop, an outdoor pool with hot tub and sun deck, and free parking. You also get a 24 hour front desk, a better than usual buffet breakfast, an unadvertised bar, an unadvertised cafe with limited menu, an upscale dining area that isn't within the buffet area, the USA Today and the Wall Street Journal, free wifi in the rooms, daily room attention, two elevators and, of course, direct access to the beach with the softest sand this side of the Bahamas and the ocean complete with life guard stations along the beach. Top all this with a large friendly and educated staff and you have a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank denisx
denisx- I want to thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. It is exciting for us to see all the aspects of the hotel you were pleased with. Thank you for letting us know our Bar and Cafe' are under-advertised. They are great features of the hotel and we need to get the word out!

Once again, thank you for sharing with us. We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in Daytona Beach!
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

You will love to stay in this Hotel. The view is wonderful and the staff is very polite and helpful. It is one of the best hotels in Daytona! The hotel location is very convenient. The room price is amazing but I only hope it will be reasonable after the introductory period.
The complimentary breakfast is exceptional, you won't find it in any other hotel in Daytona. I have been visiting Daytona for about 5 years and have tried the best hotels but definitely this hotel is hard to beat. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Floridian_2009- Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! We are extremely proud to be a part of this great city and I am glad your stay was great!

Thank you for the kind comments on the staff and our A.M Kitchen Skillet breakfast!

We look forward to having you as our valued guest again soon!