“Awesome”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Celebration, Florida
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We are currently staying here, and couldn't be more pleased! The room is fantastic. Being on the ninth floor, we have a wonderful view of the ocean. Even though the weather hasn't been great it is still very nice to look out over the waves and see the storms rolling in and out. Bed is comfy, the design of the room is fabulous, and the staff is very nice. Plus, the breakfast in the morning!
The only downfall we can make comments about is the $4.25 cookie. Yup. A bit pricey, but delicious.

Room Tip: We say get the 10th floor. Eh ceiling is a bit thin. We are in 910 which is a great room.
Green Features: I didn't notice anything about the environment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank poppingupdaisies
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
poppingupdaisies- Thank you for your sharing your experiences here during your stay! I'm sorry the weather did not cooperate during your stay. Florida seems like it can't make up its mind sometimes on the weather!

Thank you for the kind comments on the staff and the breakfast, I will make sure to let them know!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed two nights, Apr. 21st and 22nd. Wish we had scheduled more time here. Staff was VERY friendly, room was super clean, pool area was very nice. Breakfast was excellent: Pancakes, sausage links, eggs, toast, bagels, rolls, fruit including fresh grapefruit, cottage cheese, cereals, oatmeal, coffee, juice, milk, all very good. What more could you wish for? Did I mention the staff was very friendly and helpful? Great place to stay! Only negative (minor issue to us) was the lack of patio furniture, hopefully they will correct this in the near future.

Room Tip: "Ocean Front" rooms have full panoramic view of ocean, "Ocean View" rooms have a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JerryMinnesota
JerryMinnesota- Thank you very much for the excellent review of our hotel! It is great to see you enjoyed our friendly staff, the complimentary hot breakfast. I am sorry our balcony furniture was not in during your visit. We have completed the order and have already started rolling the furniture into our rooms. We expect completion by next Friday!

We look forward to having you as our valued guest again in the near future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is the best place in Daytona Beach Shores! This hotel is clean, staff is friendly and you can forget which city you are in with all the luxury in this hotel.
I stayed here last week while waiting for my college student to finish his semester, so it was a "mini-vacation" for a few days. Room was at the end of the hall, great for me, higher floor and again wonderful.
I will be making this my hotel of destination when returning to Daytona Beach Shores.

Room Tip: higher floor not above main a/c units
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Cyndi A- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am glad the hotel cleanliness and our friendly staff were to your liking while you visited your student to finish the semester. We look forward to having you in on your next visit!
West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I loved everything about this hotel with the exception of one thing...there was no balcony furniture. My passion at the ocean is to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean and have a relaxing drink. Unfortunately this hotel does not have balcony furniture. If you look back at the reviews as far as December of 2013 and the replies from management they state, "they expect balcony furniture to be delivered in early January." Well folks, it is long past early January and still no balcony furniture. I went across the beach shop across the street and bought my own beach chair to sit on the balcony and watch the ocean. I took the chair with me when I left...only to have to leave it at another hotel we checked in to after the Hyatt because I could not take it on the plane. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the pool, food and drinks are great. This is one of the cleanest best smelling hotels I have ever stayed in. Hope the management steps up to the plate and purchases balcony furniture because I doubt I was the first person to ever have to purchase a chair to sit on in order to watch the ocean from my balcony.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room, but like I stated...be prepared to walk across the street to purchase a bea...
Green Features: Very clean and clean smelling. The pool is very clean and sanitary as is the hot tub.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
headsped1- Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. Please accept my sincere apology for not having our balcony furniture. Forces beyond our control here at the property had us waiting to finalize the purchase. The good news is that the order for the chairs has been filled and we have already began setting the chairs on the balcony. Completion is expected by next Friday!

We look forward to having you in again so we can show you the full Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront experience.
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

This hotel has a pool and rooms overlooking the ocean. The rooms are typical of the excellent functional quality that Hyatt Place is now using in its new hotels. The staff is terrific--especially Brittany at the front desk who handled my early arrival and category change request quickly, cheerfully and efficiently. This is a fine destination as well as a good place to stay when travelling through the area.

Room Tip: Request a room that opens onto an ocean balcony.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
michael41010- Thank you for sharing your awesome review of us here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the new room model in Hyatt Place's as well as the service you received. I will make sure to personally thank Brittany for the excellent service she provided.

We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Tonawanda, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Very friendly staff, great location on the beach, and nice pool and hot tub. My family and I stayed here for 2 nights, had a good breakfast every morning to get us started. Staff was attentive, but the rooms (even though just remodeled) have some living up to. It looks like the remodel was getting rushed, yes getting picky here but, tiles in the bathrooms didnt line up, carpet seams werent finished, door mouldings didnt cover the jam. Overall nice stay and would stay again, but just a few misses in the design. Also rooms were not very private (sound) could hear the next room tv.

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room, love waking up to the sunrise over the ocean,
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Matthew S- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. Thank you for the kind comments on the breakfast and especially the staff. We are constantly working on the hotel to make it as great as it should be. Thank you for your observations!

We look forward to hosting you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

If you are going to Daytona Beach- this is the hotel for you! We stayed here for four nights and loved it. The location is perfect- near lots of attractions but not in the "party area!" Micah handled our check in and was awesome! The room was great and super clean- with a beautiful view of the ocean! We enjoyed the gallery menu dining several times and the food is good. This area of the beach is much less crowded than others a few miles away which was delightful for us! Not a single complaint- it was wonderful!!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Kqueen1
Kqueen1- Thank you for sharing this fantastic review of our hotel! I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. That is always our goal for our guests! I will make sure to personally thank Micah for the excellent service.

We look forward to having you as our valued guests again soon!