“Beautiful Sunrises at a Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
FORT LAUDERDALE
“Beautiful Sunrises at a Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for a short 3 nights. We wish we could have stayed longer:)
Check in was a breeze. The girls at the front desk, check in area, were wonderful. We were even upgraded to oceanfront due to our Hyatt credit card status. (Thank you). We asked for a low floor, which we got. We stayed on the 2nd floor. Next time, I would ask maybe for a 3rd floor because the balcony has a solid cement wall instead of a slotted balcony front. It would be great for people with pets or small children. I couldn't see over the wall to enjoy the view when I was sitting! My husband had no problem, just me LOL
The view from the oceanfront rooms is amazing. The sunrises were absolutely breathtaking every morning.
The room was very clean and was cleaned nice and early every day so we didn't have to wait for clean towels:)
We absolutely LOVE Hyatt beds. They are so comfy.
This particular hotel was converted into a Hyatt PLace and our room had a really weird (annoying) bathroom door. It was a glass sliding door and made a loud banging noise everytime it closed.
The included, hot breakfast buffet is definitely a great plus. There was scrambled eggs and sausage every day we were there along with another hot item such as French toast, pancakes or waffles. It also had fresh fruit ,bagels, toast and other various breakfast items. There was fresh coffee and juice every morning also.
There are only 2 elevators serving all 10 floors of the hotel so the wait for an elevator was sometimes a little long. We took the stairs occasionally but both staircases we found lead you outside!
We sat out by the pool one day for a couple hours which was nice. There is also a hot tub which seemed to be occupied by small children most of the time, so we didn't use it this trip.
There is a Red Lobster, a Denny's, a subway and a Taco Place across the street which was nice:) There is also a souvenir shop across the street in case you need anything!!!
We loved the Hyatt Place and all the employees who made our stay exceptional.
I would like to suggest to management, that a locked card access only door leading from the beach to the hotel pool area be installed. We watched people pull up in their vehicles on the beach and enter the Hyatt property utilizing the pool and restrooms, which I think should be for Hyatt Place guests only. But, that's just my opinion:)

Room Tip: Oceanfront is definitely worth the view!!!
3 Thank MomWifeGrammie
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
MomWifeGrammie- Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I thank you fro the kind comments on the staff, our wonderful beds and the breakfast.

Thank you for the suggestions on non-guests using the pool area. We are taking the issue seriously and looking at a few options to improve the guest experience.

Please come back and see us again soon!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Located in an end of the beach with not a lot going on. Hotel overrun with kids. Elevators very slow. about useless. Not as nice as other Hyatt Places. The beach is beautiful and its nice having a balcony.

Room Tip: Get a low floor because the elevators are abysmally slow, and as every room seems to have 10 kids in...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rosie B
Rosie B- I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I do apologize for the increased traffic in the hotel due to a city wide student group. I would like to have you in again soon so we can show you a true Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront Experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me.

Andrew Wright
Director of Sales
386-944-2010 ext. 5106
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you dont have pets choose anything other than the 2nd floor. This was a weekend trip for my husband and I anniversary and I was truly impressed. The stay was very polite and friendly. The elevator is something that could be worked on since they only have 2. You will wait for one. We will stay again.

3 Thank Tee W
Tee W- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your anniversary, thank you for choosing us as a host!

We look forward to hosting you both again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the ideal location. We love this chain because we can fit our family of 5 comfortably in their standard queen room. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very friendly and attentive.

This is definitely our place to stay in Daytona Beach!

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank AFOOTIE
AFOOTIE- Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad we were able to fit your family comfortably, those queen size pull out couches come in handy!

Thank you for the awesome comments on the staff and the hotel. We look forward to hosting you when you visit Daytona again!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel is exceptionally clean and the staff was terrific! The breakfast was the same each day except for Sunday.They added biscuits an gravy and took away the oatmeal. There is a bar open on Saturday outside but one inside daily...not the typical bar though. Very low key and quiet! We thoroughly enjoyed this new hotel. When you go though, request a room away from the elevator....about 6 rooms too close....have fun, it's a great place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rabbit9664- Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am happy to hear your stay with us was fantastic! Thank you for the kind comments on the hotel and the staff, I love sharing these with them!

We hope to host you again soon!
North Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I and my 3 children stayed and had the most wonderful time. Our first day was spent between the cool pool and sandy beach. The pool area was very clean and there was plenty of space for everyone and plenty of chairs. There were always clean towels available and the seating on the deck was a nice shady retreat when we were too hot and needed to cool down. Inside the lobby there is a lot of options where we could get cold drinks (kids style and adult style :-)) any time of day or evening. The kids had a few 20oz sodas and I a Bloody Mary... and I will tell you this, the Bloody Mary's are out of this world good... I highly recommend them! So after a long day in the sun we retired to our room, it was the two room suite, a beautiful room with the best view of both the pool and the ocean. I was very pleased with everything Hyatt Place had to offer. Our room was very clean, the bathroom was amazing... huge shower... the living-room area was amazing with two big screen flat screen tv's, a mini fridge and a pull out couch. I always seem to have a problem with a/c's in rooms, but this a/c kept us cold cold. So long story short the amenities and room were awesome!! The next morning after a very nice sleep we got up around 8 and went down to breakfast, This was a Saturday and they were serving Scrambled eggs and sausage with a wide variety of fruits, cereals, bagels, english muffins... it went on and on... Our favorite was the strawberry yogurt and cottage cheese. So good and they offered that daily.. so another plus as well. Other days they served sandwiches with ham and cheese and egg, Very good also. On our 3rd day our fridge did seem to be running a bit hot, so we called down to the desk and they had a maintenance man up within 15 minutes, his name was Alex and he had it running good in no time, he was very nice and polite. All of the staff we ran in too were like that, very nice and always with smiles on their faces. It felt like home and me and the kids were absolutely having the time of our lives. So lastly I would just like to say that our trip was wonderful, kid friendly and beautiful, we all had such a great time and can't wait to go back. We did meet the GM on the last day before we had to pack up our stuff. Don was a pleasure to speak with and I couldn't help but tell him how wonderful his property was and that I couldn't wait to return. Thank you Don and team, Your awesome!!!

Stevie

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Luckyelephants121212
Luckyelephants121212- Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I am glad to hear you and the family enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the kind comments on the hotel and the breakfast! I will also pass along your awesome comments on Alex and Don.

Thank you once again for being our valued guest, we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is amazing! The staff was superb: Mike, Sean, Kate, etc. Very clean and comfortable. Right on the beach. Have your own balcony with chairs! Great hot breakfast every morning. Also, very reasonably priced. A few "little" things that are annoying, 1. parking is atrocious! (NOT their fault, I know, but it's horribly packed in; must park across the street at gift shop); 2. generally, no microwaves in rooms; can use the one in the lobby; 3. refrigerators "barely" keep your food cool (don't put dairy in there); 4. sink vanity in bathroom has got to be 3 ft away from the mirror, so you can't lean over the sink to put in your contacts/makeup, whatever. Must walk around to the side of the sink to look in the mirror; 5. faucet heads in sink are placed too far back, even washing your hands gets water everywhere; 6. The water never gets COLD in the sink! I like having cold water from the sink, but it never got cold for some reason! BUT, these are picky things and I would not hesitate to stay there again! Thank you for a great vacation!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cyndy4
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Cyndy4- Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront. I appreciate the great comments on the hotel and especially the staff. I will make sure to recognize Mike, Sean and Kate. I do apologize fro the issues experienced during your stay. I will make sure to discuss these items with my General Manager for improvement.

Once again, thank you for being our valued guest. We take great pride in making sure our guests enjoy their stay. Come see us again soon!