My husband and I stayed here recently for a short 3 nights. We wish we could have stayed longer:)
Check in was a breeze. The girls at the front desk, check in area, were wonderful. We were even upgraded to oceanfront due to our Hyatt credit card status. (Thank you). We asked for a low floor, which we got. We stayed on the 2nd floor. Next time, I would ask maybe for a 3rd floor because the balcony has a solid cement wall instead of a slotted balcony front. It would be great for people with pets or small children. I couldn't see over the wall to enjoy the view when I was sitting! My husband had no problem, just me LOL
The view from the oceanfront rooms is amazing. The sunrises were absolutely breathtaking every morning.
The room was very clean and was cleaned nice and early every day so we didn't have to wait for clean towels:)
We absolutely LOVE Hyatt beds. They are so comfy.
This particular hotel was converted into a Hyatt PLace and our room had a really weird (annoying) bathroom door. It was a glass sliding door and made a loud banging noise everytime it closed.
The included, hot breakfast buffet is definitely a great plus. There was scrambled eggs and sausage every day we were there along with another hot item such as French toast, pancakes or waffles. It also had fresh fruit ,bagels, toast and other various breakfast items. There was fresh coffee and juice every morning also.
There are only 2 elevators serving all 10 floors of the hotel so the wait for an elevator was sometimes a little long. We took the stairs occasionally but both staircases we found lead you outside!
We sat out by the pool one day for a couple hours which was nice. There is also a hot tub which seemed to be occupied by small children most of the time, so we didn't use it this trip.
There is a Red Lobster, a Denny's, a subway and a Taco Place across the street which was nice:) There is also a souvenir shop across the street in case you need anything!!!
We loved the Hyatt Place and all the employees who made our stay exceptional.
I would like to suggest to management, that a locked card access only door leading from the beach to the hotel pool area be installed. We watched people pull up in their vehicles on the beach and enter the Hyatt property utilizing the pool and restrooms, which I think should be for Hyatt Place guests only. But, that's just my opinion:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront is a beautiful 10-story oceanfront hotel that offers 143 spacious rooms with breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean. Ideally located minutes from the Daytona International Speedway and directly on the beach, this hotel has convenient access for families travelling to the Daytona Beach area with all the convenience of a Hyatt Place. Featuring an outdoor Pool Bar, with an incredible Ocean view, the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront will help you unwind after a day of business or travel. The spacious lobby area offers a great area to sit, chat and relax; or if you have business to take care of, you can do so at our 24 hour e-room equipped with Microsoft and Apple computers, available as a complimentary service to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Hotel Daytona Beach
- Islander Resort Daytona Beach Shores
- Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront Florida