“Great stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel is a little bit different than the norm. It is a very modern hotel....with IKEA type décor. It is very clean, and has an upscale vibe. My husband would have preferred scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast, but they had breakfast sandwiches (freshly prepared), fruit, pastries and the usual. The sandwiches were good. We had an oceanfront room and the view was fantastic. A few restaurants across the street. Overall a good stay. Lots of kids/families. There are expensive snack items available and room service.

Room Tip: Oceanfront would be the best room choice.
2 Thank welltraveled2008
AnWright71, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
welltraveled2008- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! The Hyatt Place model is a little different from the rest. A very modern brand, but still comfortable for all. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. We do occasionally serve scrambled eggs and sausage, hopefully when you return we will have them available for your husband!

Thank you for being our valued guest. We look forward to having you in again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Arabic first
Inman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Before coming here, I called a half dozen hotels for pricing. I even went by and visited a couple of them to check out their location and to get an impression. I read all the reviews. Most were spot on. As far as the negative reviews, you have to put things into perspective. First of all, the hotel staff, decor, location and ergonomic design was spot on awesome. It has flare. What you have to put into perspective is the noise. Now a days, few hotels have a separate foyer that reduces outside noise. As far as door noise, all US hotels have slamming doors. You can complain about it, but that is just the way all hotel doors are. The only thing the staff could possibly do is ask all guests not to let the door spring close the door. Or post signs asking the guest to close the door. Nonetheless, all doors being equal, you can't beat this hotel in any category for the price. The fact that they even offer a full breakfast is awesome. Remember, it's a Hyatt Place not a Hyatt. You can't expect to find absolutely everything. The line tells me that it must be good...and it was. I suggest that if you are that picky about breakfast, bring your own. I travel a lot. I wouldn't even consider another hotel in the same price category. As a matter of fact, I would come back to Daytona just for the hotel and it's value. Thanks for a great stay. :-)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lookingfor1stclass
Lookingfor1stclass- We are honored that after your extensive research, we were selected to host you and your family! I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast. While the line can get long, it is always quality! We appreciate such detailed reviews from frequent travelers like yourself. Please come back and see us again anytime!
TENNESSEE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The property was newer and for the most part well taken care of. The a/c was fantastic. The staff was friendly and always there to help. Breakfast was better than most places I have stayed. The room had 2 queen beds with a place for reading. Only negative comment I would have is the lack of parking on a busy night. Parking is tight and after 10:30 expect to park across the road behind the souvenir shop. Not well lit. I wish the rooms have a small microwave but no big deal. We had a great time and will be back next year.

1 Thank VOLGOLFER
VOLGOLFER- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! Thank you for the excellent comments on the staff and breakfast. They are very much appreciated. Yes parking can be tight when we are full but we are addressing these concerns.

Thank you for being our valued guest. We look forward to having you back in next year!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Love this hotel!!! The room is spacious and had an ocean view. It was clean, bed/pillows/bed sheets were all very comfortable! The location is very nice and the beach was not crowded. Perfect for children. The only issue we had was the check in time. It says 3:00pm but we were not able to check in until 4:30pm.

1 Thank jurich
jurich- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I am happy to hear you loved your stay! I do apologize for the late check in. With increased occupancy during the summer months delays might happen but we are working on fixing this issue for busier months to come.

We hope to see you again soon!
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and were very pleased with it. The beach is very nice (we drove north to Daytona Beach and were really glad we stayed in Daytona Beach Shores) as is the area. The staff were attentive and always cleaning. I couldn't believe how clean everything was in the lobby area especially with people trampling through from the pool and beach constantly. Nice to have a breakfast included and a fridge In the room. There is also a laundry room on the 4th floor which was nice (the cost to do a load including soap and dryer sheets was about $8 though!) The rooms were nice and beds comfy. We asked for a high level room away from noise and got exactly that. Had an oceanfront room on the 9th floor at the end of the hall. Would stay here again and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank s-lee-70
s-lee-70 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! Thank you for the comments on the hotel cleanliness. Our staff are always on top of any mess that comes along!

Please come visit us again soon!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I am a Hyatt Diamond member, earning all of my points through business travel. Thus, my focus always tends to key on how Hyatt makes my life better for doing business. This particular stay was all about relaxation with family. Taking off my business filter and looking at it from a leisure perspective, I can say my opinion about Hyatt is unchanged. They run a top-notch operation and this hotel is no different. The staff was beyond friendly and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. As others have posted, I feel badly for the staff responsible for upkeep of the kitchen/eating area and the lobby area. To watch kids and parents constantly track sand into the lobby all day long would exhaust me if I was responsible for its upkeep, but on a couple of occasions I watched the folks cleaning it up and they were smiling and greeting the guests. Had an opportunity to discuss it briefly with a member of housekeeping on the elevator and she similarly smiled and said it can be messy, but they don't mind. Management obviously knows how to keep staff smiling and happy, which is good for business and good for the guests. Food and other amenities were up to Hyatt standards and I came away feeling refreshed, relaxed and eager to visit the hotel again. Perfect beachfront location in the "quiet" section of Daytona Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank swissfan68
swissfan68- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! I appreciate the the fantastic review, especially coming from a Diamond Member. I am glad you were able to relax for a bit with us! Thank you for the excellent comments on the staff. We as managers make sure they are taken care of and I am glad their true personalities are able to shine in front of our guests. We hope to see you again when you are in need of some relaxation!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I don't think I have ever stayed in a cleaner hotel (or at least cleaner looking). The beds were soooo soft and wonderful that it was hard to get out of them! Loved ALMOST everything about this hotel. The cons to staying here are not major but at the time, I was really frustrated. There are only two centrally-located elevators in this hotel. The hotel staff (cleaning personnel, maintenance, etc.) use these elevators during the mornings. During this time, if you tried to get on the elevators, it would pass your floor right up! Many times, I waited until the elevators had passed me four or five times before it finally stopped at our floor. It happened to others as well as I heard many people discussing the "by-passing" elevators. After the first day of this happening, I went to the front desk to report the problem with the elevators. The person at the front desk told me that they are used in the mornings for service personnel and they do bypass the floors sometimes. We could have taken the stairs but many mornings we were loaded down with items that we needed to carry outside. The only other downside with this hotel is parking is a little scarce at night. You can't go wrong staying here as it is the BEST hotel for the money that I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: No bad rooms that I could see.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
shatree- Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here at the Hyatt Place Daytona Beach-Oceanfront! Thank you very much for recognizing the cleanliness of the hotel! Our housekeeping staff do a fantastic job keeping this new property fresh and clean. I do apologize for the elevator issues during your stay. We are working with not only our staff but the elevator company to fix these issues.

We are truly honored to be one of the nest hotels you have stayed at. Please come see us again soon!