“SO FAR BEST HOTEL IN DB”

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Plessisville
“SO FAR BEST HOTEL IN DB”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Clean, friendly staff, this hotel is best located in Daytona because it's quiet!!! We recommand the Tropical Winds like a home away from home!

Room Tip: any rooms ocean front are nice
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TOM99999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Finnish first
evansville in.
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We are having a wonderful time at the Tropical Winds Hotel. The staff is great. Nice and clean.

Every one is eager to please the guest.

They have a small lobby that some of us guest gather in the evening and have a lot of cheerful times.
Almost all of the rooms are ocean front. Great view.

The hotel has a cafe that that is very good . It is ran by a very interesting fellow, lots of laughs, good food.

Very good vacation, I will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank budda333
Solihull, England
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Having had a wonderful stay in August 2011, there seemed nowhere else to go for Christmas and New Year away from the cold of England, but here.
We were met by the same warmth and given a superb room.
All the properties of a good stay were there. This time the indoor pool had a visit and was welcome compared to temperature of the ocean.

The location is really good with pleanty of places to eat locally. There is a restaurant on site which is ok, but pleanty better within a few minutes of the hotel.

We hope to return again in 2012. Thank you Christine for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank KenSolihull_England
hartwell ga
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This was our first time staying here and we loved it,the entire motel was so clean and staff was very friendly, especially Gwen, the folks that worked in the poolside cafe so sweet to my kids and us, even when the kids just went down to get fries, and the prices were great, we ha the sweetest maid christine, she went above and beyond her job to make our room clean and comfortable, during our stay there was a group there from Iceland and we got to meet them, it was a great experience and we had the best time, i reccomend this motel to anyone. oh and the beds were so comfortable, Becky Hayes and family

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank peachygirlhartwellga
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The room was perfect for a weekend get away.Clean room,very friendly and helpful people.
Would go there again.Great Value

Room Tip: Great Value
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Cross Lanes, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I just got home from my visit to Daytona Beach. I read rewiews from others after I had booked at Tropical Winds, I read some pretty neg. reviews, I started to cancel and go else where. I dont know what might have gone wrong with their visit, I can only tell you of mine. I found my room 705 to be very clean, the whole hotel was clean, every one that I came into contact with was VERY friendly and happy to help with anything that I may have needed. The pool areas were nice and clean, It was quit and very restful. I would recomend this hotel for anyone to stay at, If you are expecting a high priced resort experince, then you will have to go there and pay their price. If you are ok with a clean , quiet, friendly place to stay for a much cheaper price....this is a good place to stay!!!! I would go back there anytime !

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Diana H
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Wow, where do I begin. This hotel went out of their way to make our stay very memorable. We had gone to Cooca Beach and hated the accommodations, we weren't slated to come here until Saturday and it was Thursday, I called the desk, got Gwen, (a gem) and told her our problem and she was able to add 2 days to the front of our reservation and told us to come on, the room would be ready. The view is spectacular, ocean front with indoor-outdoor pools, laundry facilities, reading room, restaurant, plenty of outside loungers, chairs and tables poolside. Everything was clean and the hotel maids were prompt to our needs and helpful with suggestions about restaurants around the city. This was a chance pick from the internet when I was doing my hotel search for our vacation, and we will be back again next year and when we pull into the parking lot, I wil say without a doubt, "Honey we're home". Thank you to all the wonderful staff at this hotel for making my vacation so memorable.....
A Very Satisfied and Happy Guest
L. Murphy-Room 507

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms, get morning sun, and have the best spectacular view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Sun Viking Lodge
Sun Viking Lodge
#5 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!