“looks are decieving”

Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Dallas, Georgia
“looks are decieving”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Don't waste your money here.Paid $158.00 a night for a 45 year old hotel with a new paint job.Hallways and elevators reeked of B.O. AND STUNK BAD.Pool was not much bigger than a kiddy pool.Poolside cafe would not take credit cards.Sliding glass door was a piece of junk,had to be a magician to open it.Eight floor hotel with one ice machine on the FIRST FLOOR.Bathroom was so small you had to be careful not to fall in the shower,which was even smaller.Dinosaur a/c wall unit was noisy.I guess the only good thing is a flat screen tv and a decent bed.

4 Thank humpgator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Finnish first
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My entire family has stayed here on numerous occasions and always enjoyed the experience. Gwen, at the front desk, makes you feel like "family" from the moment you walk through the door. Everyone at the hotel is very friendly and accommodating. The hotel is kid friendly and clean. This is a great place to stay for a relaxing time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I am happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay at Tropical Winds - it is always nice to hear from guests who return year after year and appreciate being treated like family.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
Thank you for your continued patronage. Christine Lane -General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I just checked out of your Hotel on July 12-2014 of our ocean view Room for a 3 day stay I wanted to let you know as a Manager of the Hotel that your house keeping staff and your front desk staff are AMAZING ! The staff you having currently working there are very friendly and very helpful I would not ask more of them. Your Hotel will be always RECOMMENDED to family and friends and anyone in Toronto , Canada that asks about Daytona Beach Hotels or where to stay while traveling there. From being a Business owner myself you have great staff aboard and that's very precious to have in today's Business World .

Tropical Winds YOUR Rated GREAT !!!

Room Tip: must get a ocean view room on the 7th or 8th floor beautiful view , stay away from the 5th floor if...
2 Thank Jrexpress1972
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for posting such a nice review. I am very pleased to hear that our staff received such high marks from you - they all work very hard at their jobs and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We greatly appreciate you recommending us to all your friends and family in Canada and hope to see you again in the near future.
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife celebrated our 2 year anniversary in Daytona beach. I booked us for 2 nights at the tropical winds hotel and I thought the hotel was awesome. The rooms were clean the views were beautifulv the staff was amazing. I will be staying there again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brandon T
Happy Anniversary to you and your wife and I am happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your special weekend at Tropcal Winds! I really appreciate you taking the time to let other travellers know about our "awesome" hotel and "amazing" staff. Hopefully you will get to spend many more anniversaries with us.!
Thank you - Christine Lane - General Manager
Riverview
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my first time staying here. Overall it was a nice stay and I would stay again. My oceanfront room was just what I was looking for. My only complaint is that the bathroom was pretty tight and the hotel had a slight odor to it (maybe from all the wet feet coming thru)? I would recommend air fresheners or carpet deodorizers. Other than that a good place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kesha35
Thank you for your nice comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us . As you mentioned it is a challenge to keep an oceanfront property clean and our staff works very diligently to accomplish his. We hope to see you on your next trip to Daytona Beach.
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just finished another great week at Tropical Winds! We greatly enjoyed all the new beds and upscale bedding. This is probably the 8th year we have stayed there, mostly because of the cleanliness and great customer service. One of the great perks is the poolside café, which keeps me out of the kitchen and is very affordable. We can rent beach chairs now, hooray!!! Very nice place to stay. We will see them again next July!!!!

Room Tip: End rooms are adjoining. All have kitchenettes.
1 Thank Gwen G
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Your nice review is greatly appreciated. It is always nice tho hear when long-time guests of Tropical Winds notice our upgrades and our efforts to make your stay more enjoyable each year. Our staff will be happy to see your comments about the cleanliness and good customer service. Guests like you make their jobs very rewarding. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Thank you - Christine Lane - General Manager
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

great place to stay. room was very clean and comfortable.great view of ocean and pool.very friendly staff. pool was very nice and clean.great beach location. we will definitely stay at this hotel next time.

Room Tip: any ocean front room would be great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. It is nice to hear from guests who appreciate the cleanliness of our rooms and the hard work of our staff. I am happy you enjoyed the pool and the oceanfront and look forward to your next stay with us.