“A good place to get away”

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Fresno, California
“A good place to get away”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I wanted a getaway that was on the beach with oceanfront rooms. It was what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. It was close enough to the things we wanted and far enough to avoid the noise. We are hoping to go back again soon. King bed was great

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank charles k
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Your kind words are greatly appreciated and I am happy to hear that our facilities and staff exceeded your expectations. Our employees work very diligently on providing a positive vacation expereince for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Tropical Winds and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Christine Lane - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Finnish first
Rossville, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Had a great time at the Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel in Daytona Beach. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a family vacation. They offer reasonable rates, adequate parking, clean and newly redecorated rooms which included new mattresses and pillows. We especially love the poolside tables and lounge chairs, the poolside cafe, the indoor pool, and the hot dog man. We had a beautiful view of the ocean from our private balcony, and our room had a well stocked kitchen, with a stove, refrigerator and microwave. My husband loved the new flat screen TV. The Tropical Wind is located near excellent restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. If you are planning a trip to Daytona Beach, I encourage you to check out Tropical Winds.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the second floor for the best view.
1 Thank Karen_EWC
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Winds and that you appreciated all of our recent upgrades. We continuously strive to make your vacation experience better each time you visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with fellow travellers.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What can I say,everything was great!! Staff was friendly,enjoyed the cafe such good service there!! Rooms were really clean,beds were excellent, view was beautiful had ocean front! Was able to get in room not long after arriving,that was a Big Plus!! Carpets and floors clean! We come to Daytona a lot and have stayed in some really horrible hotels!! So glad we finally found one I want to come back too!! This is a great place for a family or couples! Just can't say anything bad about this place,cause I didn't find anything!! I highly recommend this place !! Prices are real reasonable!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
So happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Tropical Winds and that our staff and our facilities exceeded your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and also continue to upgrade such as the new beds and carpet. Sounds like you found a new home in Daytona and we look forward to many more visits from you and your family.
Thank you again for staying with us.
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I just spent three glourious days here! I am a meeting & event planner and have stayed at many Hotels over the years. What is special about this Hotel is all the wonderful people who work there! Also, it is probably one of the first Hotels that honored the requests we made on line. We asked for a top floor, king bed , no smoker & ocean view! I know that is not always possible but we sure apprecaied getting it !!!!! Although this Hotel is a older Hotel, they are working continuously to upgrade It.We had new carpets & a new bed in our room. The shower head needs some tweaking but we are sure that will be one of their upcoming upgrades.
The restaurant that serves breakfast & lunch prices were reasonable and everything we had was very good. I should also mention that the Housekeeping was excellent and all areas around the pool & grounds were well maintained! Even though we live close to Daytona, for me getting away from the phone & computer (work related) along with daily chores, and for my husband getiing up at 4AM to go to work, it was very relaxing for us to sit on our balcony and listen to the ocean while we sipped some champagne:):) BTW...we chose this Hotel because of all of the positive reviews on Trip-Advisor. Naturally there will always be some negative reviews, becasue you can not please all of the people all of the time! We plan to go back very soon!

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gingeranne55
Wow - thank you so much for taking the time to post such a great review.I am happy to hear that we were able ot honor your special requests, which is something we strive to do whenever possible. It is also nice to hear that guests notice all the improvements we continue to make.
I will pass your nice comments about the Cafe and the housekeeping staff on - they are greatly appreciated. The housekeepers do work very hard to make our guests' stay comfortable.
Thank you again and I hope to welcome you back to Tropical Winds in the very near future.
Trion, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is the second yr in a row we have stayed here. Staff very friendly & accommodating. Ms. Gwen is AWESOME! Clean & family oriented. Great place to stay for a great price! The little restaurant is also good, we ate lunch there everyday. Saves time driving around.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room here. If you smoke you'll need to get on 5th floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us again and for another nice review. It is nice to hear the feedback from repeat customers and I am happy to hear that our staff, especially Ms Gwen always meets your expectations. We look forward to your next visit to Tropical Winds.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

i was very happy with my stay. for the price i thought it was a good hotel. my sister and her boyfriend stayed down the way in a more pricier hotel and for what they paid i don't think they got much more than what i got. i don't know the next time i'll be in daytona, but if i do ever get back there i will definitely check out tropical winds hotel. i called a few weeks in advance and asked for a room on one of the top floors and sure enough they got me on the very top floor. i stayed in a suite in the corner facing into daytona but from the balcony i could get a very good view of the ocean. i kinda liked that cause it was nice to look out over daytona and yet still be able to see out over the ocean. the balcony in this room was a little small but it was just me so i didn't mind. one thing i will say is i thought i was getting a kitchen. could have been a miss understanding on my part but i talked to the people across the hall and they had the same issue. for me i didn't mind cause i was not in the hotel enough to cook anyways. but there are rooms with kitchens, i just suggest calling ahead of time and making sure you got one if thats what you want. on the last day i went down to the restaurant and ordered a english muffin to go. there staff was nice and very helpful. as i was there i looked over the menu and wondered why i didn't eat there more. there prices compared to some of the other places i ate where a little bit cheaper.

over all i had a good stay. the staff was always very nice and helped me with anything i needed. so if your looking for a nice hotel for a reasonable price i would definitely recommend tropical winds.

also i did get my hotel and plane threw a packaged deal so i don't know the exact price of everything. but im going off what my sister had paid for her plane tickets and hotel separately.

hope this helps

Room Tip: if you know what your looking for make sure you call ahead and talk to the hotel to help accommodate...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
twinds, General Manager at Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
I greatly appreciate your very nice and detailed review of your stay with us.I am happy that we were able to honor your request for top floor. The view up there certainly is magnificent. Your reservation was booked online with a third party company and it was made for a room type that does not have the full kitchen. We would have gladly upgraded you for a very low fee had you neede the kitchen. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Don't waste your money here.Paid $158.00 a night for a 45 year old hotel with a new paint job.Hallways and elevators reeked of B.O. AND STUNK BAD.Pool was not much bigger than a kiddy pool.Poolside cafe would not take credit cards.Sliding glass door was a piece of junk,had to be a magician to open it.Eight floor hotel with one ice machine on the FIRST FLOOR.Bathroom was so small you had to be careful not to fall in the shower,which was even smaller.Dinosaur a/c wall unit was noisy.I guess the only good thing is a flat screen tv and a decent bed.

4 Thank humpgator
#5 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#8 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel? Share your experiences!