“GREAT for the family!”

Tropical Winds Oceanfront Hotel
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I was very apprehensive when booking a hotel online. I did tons of research and finally settled on Tropical Winds. This was my family's first vacation so I wanted it to be memorable. I couldn't have asked for more. This hotel was a pleasant surprise. The view was AWESOME, even the dolphins:) It was a hop, skip, and a jump from the ocean. I liked the fact that this hotel was in a more quiet area of Daytona which made it feel more family oriented. There was some noise, but nothing more than a typical stay at a hotel. Thanks Tropical Winds for a remarkable stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank churchspaint_2002
Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed 26 July 2009

My wife and I stayed or eight night in June/July 09. We had an ocean front amenity (bedroom with a kitchen in it.). And it was exactly what you pay for. The hotel had that “just cleaned carpet smell” about it and the rooms were a bit dated. There was just the bare minimum items in the kitchen with some plates, four knives and forks, pans, coffee maker, toaster and big fridge, also the smoke alarm was next to the cooker. I was to afraid to use the cooker. Which defeated the idea of self catering? The staff was friendly and helpful. You need a car, as it is a hard walk to where the action is, it means that the hotel is quiet. Great value for what you pay. We were not disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raymondvips
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Yes this is a fab place to stay ALLthe staff ate very helpful the rooms were cleand every day and you are right on the beach AND WE STAYED THER ALSO IN JUNE 2008.PLUS you have a cafe in the hotel you realy have to youse it the people in it are so entertaning plus it is realy good value HAVE A FAB HOLIDAY

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silverdremers
Reviewed 5 July 2009

We just returned from a very short stay here during the week of June 15th. We planned on staying for two nights at Daytona Beach and picked this Hotel after reading several reviews on tripadvisor. Upon arrival we were pleasantly greeted by the personnel at the front dest. We had originally rented a City View apartment for 2 nights as we were traveling with 4 teenagers and thought this would be the ideal place for us even though we would not have a view of the ocean. While we were checking in we were told that the room we rented was not available because of some things that needed minor repairs so they were moving us up to the penthouse. What?!? Are you kidding me?? What a pleasant surprise. They put us up on the top floor with an ocean view at no extra cost. What a way to start your vacation. The room was absolutely beautiful and the view was even better. I found the hotel to be in a very convenient location. We were able to access the Publix for a few groceries and our older children even walked downtown during the day and did a little bit of shopping for themselves. My only regret is that we didn't plan more time at the beach. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Skeldonfamily24
Reviewed 1 June 2009

This was a great first time visit to Daytona Beach! My finace had never been to Florida before and I had been there numerous times. I wanted to make this the best exsperience I possibly could for him as I love coming to Florida and wanted him to love it just as much and he did! Our room was everything we had expected and more. We do know the difference now between "ocean Front" and Ocean View" and will try to get the "ocean Front" on our next stay. The "view" was still wonderful, we could see the ocean perfectly but I love to sleep with the doors open and awake to the crashing surf when I can and with the "view" it wasnt the same.The people were fantastic at the hotel. Very accomodating and i must add that the lil cafe was perfect for breakfast and lunch. Needless to say we will be returning next year and quite possibly might just go back for our honeymoon :O)!

1  Thank sunfun09RochesterNY
Reviewed 27 May 2009

Got a sweet view of the Atlantic Ocean. Even with a king bed there was still a lot room ro move around. Lots of TV channels. Had to watch alot of TV because of the tropical storms in the area (can't control weather). Didn't get a chance to swim, but it was still pretty warm. The people running the restaurant were very interesting and entertaining. Only problem we had was our air conditioning did not run properly. So we had our balcony door open the whole night... the waves were pretty rough, during our whole stay, so our room got pretty misty. Overall was a good stay!!!

Reviewed 26 May 2009

We just got back from a two night stay at this hotel. It was a very pleasant weekend. When we first arrived we were given a room right by the elevator. We requested another room as I am a very light sleeper and the noise would have kept me up all night. The staff were very accomodating and immediately reassigned us. Our room was an oceanfront with a kitchenette. It had a 4 burner electric stove and oven, sink, refrigerator, 2 coffee makers (individual cup and multi-cup), toaster microwave. In addition, there were dishes and silverware settings for four. Everything was clean and in good operating condition. The hotel supplied a dishrag, a drying towel, dish soap and a dish drainer. The cooking utensils included 2 saucepans, a fry pan, a broiler tray, a collander, a spatula and a can opener. They thought of nearly everything! My husband and I travel quite a bit, so we always take our picnic backpack with us. The only thing we used from it this time was our wine glasses (there are no glasses in the room, although they do supply the standard plastic cups and ice bucket, and coffee cups). The staff were really friendly, and the grounds were well kept. We really enjoyed sitting out by the pool and looking out on the ocean. They also have an indoor pool. The cafe was good food at an incredibly reasonable price. We can't wait to book our next stay!

1  Thank travelqt