“A great place with a great view for a great price!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunrise Inn Daytona

Sunrise Inn Daytona
Ranked #88 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Hanover, pa
“A great place with a great view for a great price!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed at this quaint little hotel on the beach over the July 4th holiday weekend when we came into town for the Coke Zero 400 Nascar race. Although it wasnt the Ritz Carlton like alot of other hotels nearby, it was sufficient and fit our needs especially since we stayed in room 127 with the oceanfront view. Overall, a good stay was had and the pool area was nice too. Staff were very friendly and helpful for all our needs, including towels and using the ice machine. The breakfast is minimum and no internet access but not a deal breaker issue. We would come back if we can get room 127 again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
JACKSONVILLE, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

We actually went to Daytona Beach for deep sea fishing. We picked the hotel cause it was SO AFFORDABLE. If you have any discounts available (AARP, group rates, etc...) the better. The checking in process was easy after making the reservations on-line. The staff was very courteous and provided everything we asked for. The room was clean. Free Internet access. Clean pool, close access to the beach. I was surprised by the free continental breakfast (it was good). After deep sea fishing we were able to enjoy more of the things/events that Daytona Beach has to offer cause we had more money to do it with. I want to mention that there was a blonde hair lady (unfortunately we did not get her name), very hard working woman there (attended the front desk, made the rooms, etc...) extremely nice and very helpful that will make your stay an enjoyable one. We will be back, soon. SO I RECOMMEND THAT YOU TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Campobello, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

The staff was friendly and gave us a good tip on where to eat. The hotel did not look like the pictures. They need to update and renovate. It was clean, but I have been in cleaner rooms. i was really not that impressed with this hotel. The parking was very tight. We were told that it was ocean front but it wasn't

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lbaldwin1966

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

Leesburg
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

This Rodeway is a filthy dirty dump, when you hear fleabag they are talking about this location, all 3 of us are still dealing with multiple flea bites, how about the spare blankets covered in poop totally disgusting, recently remodeled by throwing on some paint over a 1960's building? And how about open electrical wires at the pool or the bedding being held up by 2x4's that you knock into your knees when moving around the bed. Furniture covered in filth, light fixtures in dis-repair, OMG we may never ever stay in a choice hotel again after this one.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank BigCraig61
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

This was definately what was represented on the internet. Very small rooms, shower wouldn't adjust, tub stopped up, no outlets in room, couldn't plug in microwave, pay for ice, NO Breakfast! Instant coffee in lobby? Please..... Wish I had check the reviews before giving them my money. Never did they replenish soap, toilet paper, shampoo, etc. Asked for towels in the morning so they could be washed and returned (this was on the beach when you use towels all day). Had a clock radio but no plug to plug it in. Glad it wasn't hot, air never got the room cooled set on 60. Maid would turn air up everytime came in (what they done not sure). Had an ironing board no iron, coffee maker, no coffee, charged for ice I could go on and on

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paw55
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

Me and my family recently stayed here and I definitely would go back! The staff was very friendly and very helpful. It was a small cozy hotel but the room was surprisingly big with a kitchen area which came in very handy! It's a great location. You walk out of your room to the pool, down the stairs and your on the beach. The pool is kept very clean with a nice deck area.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2009

So, searching around I found this place for cheap and on the beach. The reviews looked good and the pictures they had showed made the place seem ok.

Don't always believe what you read/see on the internet. This place was downright FUNKY. Upon pulling up I knew I had been deceived. Notice how none of the pictures show the actual hotel, but just the lobby/pool? The reason is that the hotel is a 2-story old disaster. There is NO parking. The pictures are meant to deceive, believe me. What's funny is that the Nautilus Inn next door, which looked really nice, had on their street sign "Not Happy? Come stay with us!". I assume I was not the first to be hoodwinked by this place. Upon entering the room I found a bottle of Ajax in the sink and a toilet brush in the sink in the bathroom. The room smells musky. The TV doesn't work properly and the AC is so loud that you can't actually sleep with it on.

The beds were old and completely broken in the center. The sheets were so old that they no longer fit properly and kept coming off during the night. I had to go back to the front desk to ask for shampoo/conditioner. Oh, and WIFI like they say they have?? ONLY IN THE LOBBY, which is funny because I could pick up next door's WIFI.

On the day we were leaving we were woken by the maids at 8:45am. I told them to leave and come back later, which they did at 9:15. So I told them to go away again and they came back at 9:30. And, I SWEAR TO GOD they actually came back a FOURTH time at 9:45!!!! There was no going back to sleep. What do they want us to do?? Stand in the corner and wait for them to clean!!??

The lobby is a joke too. I got to witness the "Manager"(emphasize the quotes) scold the poor desk lady. Another really fun part to the hotel is how thin all the walls are. At 8:15 you get to hear all the conversations downstairs that the people who work in the building are having!

Definitely DO NOT stay here. If money is the main issue, stay off the beach and find a nicer hotel. I have to say that this place actually ruined what was supposed to be an enjoyable weekend.

AVOID.