“I have stayed in countless Days Inns and this was by far...”

Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway
Ranked #84 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Cary,Nc
“I have stayed in countless Days Inns and this was by far...”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have stayed in countless Days Inns and this was by far the worse experience I ever had. The room was dirty and had roaches. I have stayed at this very motel several years ago and it was not anything like this time. If it were not that it was late and I already unloaded my car, I would have left and gone somwhere else. It also has the worse entrance I ever saw. If you pass it you have to drive a 1/2 mile down the road to make a u-turn. Also the dish wasn't working right for tv.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Falling Waters, West Virginia
Reviewed 10 September 2013

9/6 spoke to lisa this morning asked for supplies for my room. She said you can get them at the office. I said I am disabled can house keeping get it she gave me a dirty look after I told her how dissatisfied I was with her customer service. 3:00 towels never came had to go to front desk again expressed my dislike of Lisa's attitude. Fell going up the steps. I called front desk to let them know I fell up the steps lisa answered not even concerned I fell all she said was I hear you complained about me! Not even are you ok. About 7 o'clock I went to the vending machine I stopped in the office to see if they had any milk she said oh its you again and no but you can walk to the gas station. HELLO I HAVE ISSUES WALKING AND PTSD! This girl has it out for me

9/7. Was to be moved to another room that did not happen

9/8. Stopped in the office to let them know I was leaving about 3;00 am I was told by lisa I needed to pay for the night in the rate of 50 some dollars, I was like what are you talking about I booked 4 nights I paid for thurs and sunday, Friday and Sunday were free due to my points.

I want something done i want my money back or all my points back I plan on going back again in 2 months but if this is not corrected I will never stay at a days inn again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing pool they are much better than facing a clocked down IHop
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
DaysInn M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
We are terribly sorry about not meeting your expectations during this stay.
The front desk staff will be addressed on proper customer service skills.
Again we truly apologize and will do we can to prevent this from happening again in the future.
Thank You.

Front Desk,
Chris Patel

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

DELTONA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I called n my reservation a week in advance....articulated all my needs.....Corner room, smoking and pet friendly. On arrival I got exactly what I requested, Great Job!
On cleanliness......that left a little to be ......caked up dust on everything.....nothing we couldn't handle with a little dusting on our own. The bath tub was leaking from the faucet.....no fix there during our stay so we had to put up with it or loose our desired room. (ever try to sleep with a dripping faucet for three days Grrrrrr I won't go there. Then the water bugs....my goodness....never seen them so BIG before!!!!
On the customer service, I have to admit, they were friendly & courteous & professional. Only complaint there is they never answer their phone. I had to walk/drive to the main desk to ask for the HBO channel and the pass key to get on the internet which I feel they should have given us that at check-in time. (I a handi-capped in my legs)
Other than that, we had a wonderful stay there....Pool was clean & QUIET which we loved. The surrounding area was well groomed and SAFE. There were lots of places to eat out close by. My customer service person LeighAnn....I could tell she was a new employee but went over and above to answer all my questions as well as she can....and with a big smile...Thank you LeighAnn!
Over-all, I would stay there again but first I would check the room for cleanliness, etc :-)

Room Tip: What ever room you pick, physically check it out before committing to it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
DaysInn M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
We are delighted to hear your stay here at the Days Inn Speedway was enjoyable! We here at the Days Inn Speedway, Daytona Beach take pride in stepping up to plate and delivering the best customer service possible. We will definitely let LeighAnn know about your compliments too.
We hope to see you again soon!

Chris
Front Desk Manager
Danville, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Bugs in the rooms, no landscaping, pool is filled with old plaster balls, no internet like the sign says and half the channels do not work, and there is black mold everywhere. The hotel needs shut down

• Stayed September 2013
DaysInn M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
We are very for any inconvenience you encountered at our property. Duriing the last month, we've been undergoing heavy renovations and a change of management. Our landscaping is now done weekly by outside contractors. All the hedges are trimmed as well as the lawn. We've been gutting out rooms that were moldy and left by previous management. I can assure you, if you gave us another chance, we'd make it right. Our pool also now is being taken

We now have rooms LCD TVs, plush new bedding, new furniture, WiFi, breakfast, and we've fixed up our pool! Come check us out and see the changes! We've also fixed the channels and now have 49 channels.

Chris,