“Adds in a service charge and tells you it's a tax.”

Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway
Ranked #82 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Fort Worth
“Adds in a service charge and tells you it's a tax.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The sign outside says rooms $39.99 and up. You call them and they say the room is $39.99 but when you get there the desk Manager says it is 44.99. I then brought the sign and my phone call to the managers attention and he says I'll give the room to you for $39.99. I get the bill and it says the final cost is over $47.00. The manager told me the $7.84 was for taxes the city requires at about 20%. When I checked out the receipt said a $2.83 service fee was added and I paid only $5.00 for taxes. The morning desk clerk told me the city requires it. I went to other hotels and they said the $2.83 was not required by the city. I recommend staying away from this hotel. To top it off, dogs were barking in several rooms all night long making it difficult to sleep and the internet in my room didn't work despite several calls to the front desk.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and book online to avoid hidden fees charged by dishonest employees.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank superpero
DaysInn M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Speedway, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Let me start by apologizing for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. The tax on any hotel room in daytona beach is 12.5%. There is a additional service fee of $2.95 that is added to every room per night. This fee is also disclosed to you when you check-in with the front desk on the registration card that you sign. We have since become a pet free hotel and only service animals are allowed accompany the guest. Please give us a call next time you are in the area we have renovated all our rooms and would love to change your opinion about our hotel. Thank you.

Best Regards.
Days Inn Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

from checking in to checking out every was great.both person"s at checking in n out were very nice,esp in the morning.my car could not start n the person at front dest gave me a couple of places that I could get my car fix,he was very helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Another great review for your front desk department. Our Front desk department takes great pride in providing excellent customer service to all our guests. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to leave us a review. We have since renovated all our room and would love for you to come experience our hotel in its new form. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You.
Green Cove Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We had a clean comfortable room at an attractive price. With its close proximity to I-95 and huge parking lot this is an ideal location for a quick stop for the night or serve as a base for touring the Daytona area when towing a trailer. They have two entrances making it easy to get back on the interstate. The back gravel lot is so big that there is little risk of them not having plenty of trailer parking.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank David D
Wow! what a fantastic review. We appreciate you listing the hassle free accessibility to and out of our parking lot for customers towing trailers. We are very fortunate to be one of the very few hotels in daytona that provides such ample parking for our guests. We hope to hear from you in the future for your accommodation needs. Thank you.

Best Regards.